Toei > Kyoani

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VqbtbTSeai0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Air is shit.
/thread

I like Michiru arc and the Summer arc so I beg to differ

>Toei > Kyoani
The Clannad Movie was absolute garbage and should only serve as supplemental works to the KyoAni Adaptation.

Air Movie was still better than Air TV.

Also Kyoani haven't made anything as good as this:

youtube.com/watch?v=VqbtbTSeai0

I only liked the movie because the Crow didn't bite the dust in it.

The OVA series was abit better overall compared to the lackluster TV and Movie.

>Air Movie > Air TV
Yes.
>Toei > Kyoani
Nah.

Toei's Clannad too. I liked it better.

Air movie does so much right
>Amazing direction thanks to Dezaki
>Characters are no longer autistic retards
>Misuzu has something to do, in the form of researching her town and it's how the past story is woven in
>No more shitty side heroines

The movie is basically there for the braindead people who can't appreciate the VN's story. It's a schlocky drama/romance that is practically entirely separate from the original source.

So yeah, if you like schlocky romance, the movie is there for you, enjoy.

Based Osamu Dezaki BTFOing Kyoani in the years before his death.

Lol, this is what you Kyoani fanboys resort to? Calling people braindead for not appreciating a horribly made clusterfuck? This is why you morons are regularly ridiculed here.

The movie had the good sense not to try an accommodate the entire fucking VN, unlike the anime which tried to in 13 episodes, and failed miserably. On top of that, the movie actually told a really strong story that gives the viewer a reason to care about what's happening. A focus on 3 characters, with each of them going through well-constructed arcs.

No, I'm calling people braindead for not appreciating the story woven by Maeda. Air is his masterpiece and the movie simply defecates all over it.

You're only further proving your own idiocy here. Easy to mindlessly claim something's a masterpiece, but you just look all the dumber as a result, especially when you're trying to defend garbage like Air TV.

Also, you'll find most people don't give a shit about how accurately it portrays the VN. At the end of the day, people with brains judge anime on their own merits, and the movie is simply far better than the TV series.

Looks like it's time for me to watch that Air movie. The show was incoherent.

The show makes perfect sense. You just have to use your brain which is a bit hard for some people.

>garbage

You think the EOP opinions matter compare to Japan? Air, the visual novel, and Air TV are absolutely beloved in Japan.

If your brain simply cannot function enough to follow along then that ain't the anime or VN's fault. Good thing you got a nice simple schlock movie instead to digest instead. Enjoy it.

>y-you are just not smart enough
People who say this are always the biggest retards. You can't even make a single argument for Air TV because the reality is you didn't understand one lick of it yourself. Won't hold back your fierce loyalty for a studio though.

>You think the EOP opinions matter compare to Japan? Air, the visual novel, and Air TV are absolutely beloved in Japan
>"j-japanese people love it, therefore it's o-objectively better"
>[citation needed]
>"d-don't expect me to make any arguments! i've already said japan likes it better, that's all that m-matters!"
More worthless input from a worthless idiot. You're not getting anywhere here, squirt.

Alright then, want to test your ability to comprehend the story?

Why does Misuzu (and all of Kanna no Mikoto's reincarnations) get sick whenever she starts to form closer bonds with other people?

In other words, why does Kanna's curse only trigger whenever her reincarnations start to form friendships and grow closer to other people?

I'll give you a hint, the movie doesn't answer this at all because it's a fucking piece of shit.

Ancient curse inherited from her mother.

By the way, you're still missing the point like the moron you are. Nobody cares about details like that; people want a good story they can get emotionally engaged in. The film does a better job of doing just that, regardless of lore. You still haven't made one, not even a single argument for why the TV Series is better in this regard; all you can do is cry VN faithfulness.

Ancient curse, yes, but why does it only trigger whenever Misuzu gets closer to Yukito and then again as she strengthens her bond with Haruko?

Why is Misuzu not affected as much if she simply lives her solitary life?

>Ancient curse, yes, but why does it only trigger whenever Misuzu gets closer to Yukito and then again as she strengthens her bond with Haruko?
Don't know, don't care. I'm not going to memorize minute details from a shitty anime I watched in 2008.

You've ignored my key point like 5 times now so I'll take that as your admission of defeat. Try again next time.

No, it's just that you don't have a simple understanding of Air's plot. You failed to understand what happened in the 'Summer' arc. Failed to realize that part of Kanna's curse is that she is perpetually forced to watch Ryuuya and Uraha die over and over. The only two people besides her mother (who had been imprisoned for who knows how long) who ever showed her any kind of love, and she is forced to see their "death" and is completely of the mindset that the order she gave Ryuuya to refrain from killing people led to both their deaths. That curse, that feeling of being the cause of both Uraha and Ryuuya's death is the reason that the reincarnations only get sick if they become closer to other people. Because Kanna feels that she does not deserve any sort of companionship and will kill herself.

That's the curse. The reason why Yukito backed the fuck away was because he realized this. He realized that Misuzu would eventually die if he kept growing closer to her.

It's a pretty fucking big detail, and is just a tiny snippet of the well-crafted story Maeda penned and KyoAni adapted.

It's a shame there are people like you who just can't quite get their minds around it.

But again, enjoy that piss of a movie. It doesn't require any thought.

>No, it's just that you don't have a simple understanding of Air's plot
Like I said, I couldn't care less about minute details, and neither does 99% of the audience. People don't care about how or why characters like Nagisa or Misuzu are ill, it's their characterization that matters.

All you can do is harp on about how the film diverged from the VN, and allege that Japan prefers the anime like that even matters. This is evidence you're an utterly worthless moron not worth listening to, and have absolutely no idea what makes a story good to most people.

The Kyoani Air initially follows a typical plot progression that remains safe, yet also conventional. The first few episodes serve as traditional primers, maintaining a slow pace and introducing various characters in condensed subplots. This would be fine if not for the series’ limited span of twelve episodes. At around the halfway mark, however, the series suddenly takes a downward spiral in a flurry of haste and eccentricity. Abruptly, the series changes in both tone and setting, and a back-story set in medieval Japan becomes the temporary focal point of the anime. From here, while it tries to create a parallelism between the current events and those of the feudal past, it simply runs out of time to do so effectively.

Contradictory to the burdens that Air previously made, it then settles into its original easygoing mood and generally wastes time. Episodes that could have been utilized to increase coherency and flesh out the complex plot are instead squandered on recap episodes. The characters that were introduced in the beginning of the anime are soon forgotten and not mentioned at all in the latter episodes, and atop all of this, the main protagonist literally disappears. The result of this haphazardly designed episode sequence ultimately leads to a convoluted mess that explains and answers little.

It's cute that you call me a moron when I've already demonstrated much greater understanding of the very basic premise of Air. You have demonstrated a lack of basic comprehension skills, and yes, such skills are necessary to follow Air TV. It does not put a bib around you and spoonfeed you the story.

I asked a basic question and you failed miserably. If you want to say that the movie is preferred by people who lack basic comprehension skills, then I would agree. It's simple, easy-to-digest, and has no overarching theme. It's perfect for you.

The first few episodes of Air are not slow in the least. In just the first sentence you fell flat on your face. That's impressive.

>It's cute that you call me a moron when I've already demonstrated much greater understanding of the very basic premise of Air
and a complete lack of understanding of what makes a story good, which is further proven by the fact that you've ignored my point like 7-8 times. You are the very definition of a moron.

>I asked a basic question and you failed miserably
Regarding lore, which I already addressed 4 times. Your tiny brain will always cling onto things like this while ignoring what's really important about a story.

Not an argument. You've fallen flat on your face countless times this thread too dude.

What makes a story good? Being rote schlock? Not taking any risks? Being so banal and trite that anybody who has seen any sort of romantic drama would already know what was going to happen on screen minutes before it did? Because that's Dezaki's Air movie. If you feel that makes a story good, that's on you man.

Not at all. In episode 3 (ya know, one of the first few episodes) we're thrown back into feudal Japan with a mother who is forced to kill her child because it is believed to be cursed. Would you describe that as slow?

You could just admit you don't know the answer to the question. No need to cover it up with your obvious bitter agenda.

>The characters that were introduced in the beginning of the anime are soon forgotten and not mentioned at all in the latter episodes,
It's almost like the time was reset, the summer started anew, and the blossoming mother-daughter bond between Haruko and Misuzu was to be the full focus of the final part of the show.

>and atop all of this, the main protagonist literally disappears.
Holy shit. It's almost like Maeda is really trying to push the importance of mother-daughter bonds instead of just have a random vagabond off the street decide that he wanted to stay with this girl he just met two months ago knowing full-well that she would die.

You didn't ask any question.

You don't know what pacing is.

>It's almost like the time was reset, the summer started anew, and the blossoming mother-daughter bond between Haruko and Misuzu was to be the full focus of the final part of the show.
Oh of course, the anime sure made that clear. . .
By the way, did you forget how to quote?

>Holy shit. It's almost like Maeda
It's almost like you unconditionally worship a javanese visual novel writer.

>is really trying to push the importance of mother-daughter bonds
That's what the film did a great job of doing dude.

>have a random vagabond off the street decide that he wanted to stay with this girl he just met two months ago knowing full-well that she would die
Starting to think you didn't even watch the film. That, or you were watching it with your obvious agenda in mind.

The film devoted most of its focus to the characters and their interactions together and it worked. The TV series was all over the place and it was hard to get invested emotionally in any of the characters. It's that simple, let it go.

For the umpteenth time, you don't know what constitutes a good story.

Here's a tip: it's something to do with getting the viewer emotionally engaged. To do this, you generally need to abide by a set of rules, or risk losing the audiences attention, as Air did for many people.

The film had its issues, but they're much easier to overlook when it got the core things right. Just because it didn't meet your hilariously abstract standards of lord almighty Maeda's "masterpiece" doesn't make it nearly as bad as you're trying to suggest.

>8 IPs
Autism.

Yes, it lost people who cannot handle a story that isn't spoonfed to them and requires at least a little bit of brainpower to piece together all the various facets, You are correct. We'll just agree on that point.

Air TV is for people who want a sprawling well-written story which takes full advantage of its setting over the past 1000 years and features an all-encompassing overarching theme. It's for people who can appreciate breaking genre conventions and taking risks.

Whereas the movie is for people who don't like those things.

There we go. I think we have reached an agreement!

>unconditionally worship

Are you fucking kidding me? The ending to Clannad/Little Busters is absolute garbage. Air is the last Maeda work that I can fully appreciate since there wasn't some fucking deus ex machina Key magic to ruin an otherwise perfect ending.

>Yes, it lost people who cannot handle a story that isn't spoonfed to them
Ok, it's pretty clear you're an idiot who never learns. By all means, keep judging works by your idiotic standards for the rest of your life. I'm not wasting anymore time with a moron like you.

Again, we came to an agreement. There's no need to waste time. You like it simple and safe and I like it intricate and daring. Just different preferences.

>Again, we came to an agreement
Nope. You're just a moron. Once a moron, always a moron.

Ah, that warm feeling when an argument dies down to only one side being able to throw petty insults. It's just as predictable as everything that happens in the Air movie.

>and I like it intricate and daring
Evidently even if it's horribly executed, at least if it falls under your figures of worship: Maeda, Kyoani, and Japanese people (can't believe you were actually dumb enough to cite that).

By that logic, you might as well be calling anything daring a masterpiece. Violence Jack was pretty daring; I guess while all those petty normal people call it trash, you'd be one of those pretentious, full of shit retards mindlessly labeling it a masterpiece only mighty intellectuals like you can appreciate. After all, it's daring.
Oh wait, it's not made by Kyoani or written by Maeda. I guess it doesn't meet your criteria.

Said it before and I'll say it again, once an idiot, always an idiot. Idiots like you never learn, ever.

>I know comprehension isn't your strongest point user
It certainly isn't yours, idiot. After all, you missed a point not once, not twice, but 10+ times.

>Likely because nobody would fucking call the ultra-violent trash OVAs of the 90's intricate.
Well, given you found something as shitty as Air "intricate", it would hardly comes as a surprise given your small brain. I'm sure if your pillars of worship in Maeda and Kyoani worked on it, you'd find some kind of convoluted reason to legitimately believe anything is a masterpiece. That, or you'll conform to whatever the japanese masses like; after all, you already admitted to following their command.

Amusing, but there's no argument left if petty insults are all that remain. I don't mind if you type more though. They give me a good chuckle at least.

You deleted your post, then proceeded to get blown the fuck out here: Not my fault you're a sore loser.

Yes user, your petty insults really blew me the fuck out. If there's no discussion then there's no meaning.

It makes sense, it's just incredibly fucking stupid with the side routes included that are some of the worst content KEy ever put out.

I like both.
inb4 adaptation or studio? Both

The side routes are to show that not only has Kanna's curse been influenced just in her direct reincarnations, but her feathers have been dropping from the sky and influencing even those who are not her reincarnations. Like the vengeful mother who possesses Kano after she touched the feather or Minagi's lamenting over her stillborn sister and her mother's emotional shutdown ending up materializing Michiru, the dead sister, through Kano's magic feather.

Both girls are there to show the devastating loss that occurs when a mother is separated from her child.

>Kano's magic feather

Derp, should be Kanna.

>Clannad > All