What the fuck was the creator thinking when he made this character? She is shit at being a witch...

What the fuck was the creator thinking when he made this character? She is shit at being a witch, she fucks everything up constantly because she is so stubborn, she acts like an asshole to her friends constantly, she never learns from her mistakes or grows, and all of her ideals and goals are just lifted from Chariot. She isn't inspired by Chariot, she literally wants to just do what she does.

What a shitty protagonist

>She isn't inspired by Chariot, she literally wants to just do what she does.
How is that different from someone wanting to make music because they like someone else's music or any other thing that people do for that matter? As for all the rest of your complaints: welcome to anime.

Musicians and artists take inspiration from their peers and idols, and work it into their own unique thing. Akko wants to just fucking copy Chariot, she has nothing unique to her goals whatsoever.

finish the show retard

then why are you still watching it, cuntbucket?

This
Fuck LWA & Fuck to those who support it.

I saw more than a few people say that it was better than Death Parade. I will stop listening to those people.

I'm on episode 14 and I really doubt I will finish it

Akko eventually accepts that she's not Chariot but still wants to use magic to make others happy.

I'm hopelessly aroused at Akko, what do I do?

>Never learns from her mistakes
Actually watch the show user.

>why didn't they make genderswapped Harry Potter?

Because Hairy Boner is shit

>What a shitty protagonist
She's also an inferior copy

So she's basically /ourgirl/?

Perfect self insert for Sup Forums.

Does it bother you that Arusu's name is translated that way? It always seemed like it was supposed to be an Alice in Wonderland reference to me.

It's called a character's personality. I don't know if you heard, but faults exist. Sorry she couldn't be your 10/10 waifu Mary Sue.

desu, it sounds cute when Nips butcher a name that way.

>seemed like it was supposed to be an Alice in Wonderland reference
It's made explicit when they read the book in the show near the end.

I'm not bothered that the nips can't pronounce it. I'm bothered that the subs (and even the 1 minute if the dub I saw) call her Arusu instead of Alice. It's super distracting and I'm contemplating editing all the subs on the files I have before I go back to finish it.

why there is always a thread of this anime? isn't it just a girly show?

The OVAs are pretty good so there were high expectations for the show. The show was not good but there were some parts that were okay and it's got more of the unique style. Watch the OVAs. The first one is 30 minutes the second is 60. Decide if you want to watch the show after that.

user, I thought this would be a guilty pleasure cute girls going to magic school show when I started watching it. It took about 5 episodes to realize it was so much more than that. By the end of the show, I realized I had just found a new favorite show. And I still find new things to love about this show every time I revisit it. It's well worth the watch.

>it was so much more than that
No it wasn't. Show really isn't any good. OVAs were great.

people pretending this show is 2deep...

i heard it's better to start with the series

I didn't because I couldn't since I watched them as they released but watching the show first seems like the wrong. If you start with the OVAs their quality will keep you watching the show even though it's bad just out of hope that it'll be good eventually. If you start with the show you might not even finish it and never watch the OVAs.

I disliked the second OVA back in the day, but after watching the show I now appreciate it so much more.

I guess we have different personalities then. I saw a lot to love in it. Really interesting narrative, strong theming that isn't quite what you expect it to be, a really lovable group of characters, and some simply gorgeous animation. Sure, there are parts that are messy, but it's a kind of messy that has heart and soul. Overall I find this show to be a gem.
Not so much 2deep as it's got an interesting narrative that people are too busy shitposting to bother looking at.

Go to bed Andoryƫ

Harry Potter

The narrative just seems like tradition vs new and shallow passion vs actually doing the fucking work in a pretty bland way. Plus at least the first third was all basically pointless filler and they retconned the OVAs.

>main characters have to be good people

>the narrative
LWA's narrative is completely plagiarized from Mahou Shoujotai Alice, only ten times worse. I'm not even joking. Akko literally shouts Alice's own catchphrases. Trigger could be sued for this.

When will they give us the MC we want?

It's more about how all of these ideas come together to form a creative team, how each informs and is informed by another, and how individuals carve out their individual creative identity even as they take part in the cohesive whole that is the team.
I kinda question whether any episode can really be considered pointless. Each of these "filler" episodes sets up a major concept of the show, and the episodic nature helps encapsulate the idea in its own story. I guess if you're talking purely in terms of plot arc, then yeah, the show doesn't need all those isolated stories, but in terms of narrative and theming, these are where it's at.

Plot and narrative are the same thing. Tell me though what purpose does the episode where they go inside Sucy's mind serve? What purpose is there for the novel author episode? Why did they drag out Akko learning who Chariot is so long? Why did the keep rereading the same ground with the rich boy's family and Diana? If the story is on some level about the tension old and new why did they decide to take the lazy route and characterize the new with a single generic antagonist? Why should they retcon the OVAs when they, in an hour and a half, so excellently set up the characters, their motivations, and the thematic conflict?