Did he deserve it?

Did he deserve it?

Other urls found in this thread:

boards.fireden.net/a/thread/168268163/#q168268163.
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Back in the previous game, he could have chosen to abandon the game world, but didn't. He had to end up this way sooner or later.

Did the previous round all get that choice? It's been a while since I read it. If so, does that mean the two assholes who won Jack of Hearts would become become the overseers of the royal card games in another round?

did we deserve that ending

The whole point of the ending was that the explanation doesn't matter more than the game itself.

Bloody great manga.

Sup Forums never talks about it though.

Sup Forums rarely talks about anything that isn't ongoing though.

What about the author's other borderland manga?

Doesn't seem to be interesting at all.

Basically this, when choosing between returning to life or staying in the borderlands. We know that the ones who stayed were aware that eventually it would be them on the chopping block.

I still love this fucking character even though we only got an arc with him, but I also have to remind myself that he's a monster in his deeds as well.

tfw you will never participate in elaborate death games

what is this supposed to be about

There are only three chapters so far, but it the setup is that a bunch of various people from tokyo got sucked into the borderlands by themselves, but up in Kyoto. They basically go on a road trip to Tokyo and there's some mystery involving playing cards that each one of them have.

user, the King of Clubs/Osmosis arc was the best arc of the manga. It had the best game, a fantastic set of antagonists, a bunch of cool character arcs, and a perfect resolution.

This is my one regret in life.

beginning was decent, final is an asspull trash.

My only gripe with this series is that we never got to see either the Queen of Clubs of Jack of Spades games. The Jack of Hearts arc wasn't bad, but I would rather have focused on characters we already knew than introducing a cast of jobbers and having two guys I don't care about walk out of it.

Yes.

I just can't let go of wondering whether or not everyone transported into the borderland had a fair shot of coming back

Gets translations once in a blue moon

Given the ending, we can assume that anyone who died in the accident are those who either died in the games, or chose to stay behind as a citizen and died to the next wave.

If by "fair shot" you mean the possibility to come back. I can't really say that they did since you could be one of those people who got a rigged game and just die because the guy who designed it was a tosser. Luck was certainly a part of whether or not you managed to last long enough to get a chance for living.

name one rigged game

baka at the joker, what a pussy

The game Heiya (the girl who got crippled) was rigged to kill as many people as possible. You're basically asked to stand near a geyer that will erupt with enough force to kill anyone nearby, the fumes and hot water killed everyone else.

She survived purely because she had to go to the bathroom.

We already talked all we could about it, and it's pretty much a consensus that it's fucking great so not really a lot to talk about.

That's what's implied. They oversee face card games if they stay.

The Jack of Hearts.
He could always know what his symbol was without relying on anyone.

The witch hunt was pretty damn unfair desu

My favorite dick move was the subway game where the safe point was actually the starting point. I won't say that was rigged since there was a sign that said "Goal = 0km"

They were really stupid for not starting with the body of the victim, just to be sure. I mean, it was hearts, it's pretty easy to know what the conductors were planning.

Actually it didn't say 0, there was just nothing, so they assumed it was erased.

>it's pretty easy to know what the conductors were planning.
Pretty easy to say that after it's all said and done. The very first Heart game we see has mandatory slaughter with a sole survivor, they had no reason to think 10 would be any different.

>Actually it didn't say 0, there was just nothing, so they assumed it was erased.
Hm, put that in the "rigged" category as well than.

The beach was in utter chaos though, no one was ready to do some actual smart and sensible thinking.

btw that police girl was a fucking 11/10.

Dude, I got it before they started killing each other.
Yeah, I'll give you that. In the end, almost every hearts game was unfair.

At the start of the game it was pretty much all The Beach playing, and they ought to have cleared 9 hearts games.

I think the point would be that the rules and phrasing implied that the witch was still among the living even though once you realize the trick it's clear that the wording also applied to the victim. Calling the game a witch hunt means you're looking for someone hiding amongst you, discounting the dead is pretty logical at this stage.

Someone could have tried to just burn the victims body. But the reason Mira escalated the difficulty was because of how unstable Agni was and how tensions had risen. Just getting out of the main hallway alive was everyone's main goal once things escalated.

The van also had the word "GOAL" written on the fucking side. It was pretty obvious.

Really the trick came from the fact that to win you don't have to "Kill the witch" but instead you have to "Burn the witch's body". Anyone asking "Why is that the win condition?" would solve the game. But there was the whole situation, so even if someone had suggested it it might not have been carried out.

That's why the difficulty went up. Originally I think it was like a 3 of hearts game, but instead it got bumped up because of the instability of the organization. So you're right in that it was an easy solution.

It's not that simple, the bus was covered in Grafiti and it wasn't until the reveal that those letters were hilighted. It's like seeing a bus with
>Greatoilandlies
written on the side. Nobody knows that it means
>[G]reat[O]il[A]nd[L]ies

Okay, but what about the King of Spades? I'd say that was the most unfair of all.

Yeah, that was bullshit, they didn't even give the rules before he started killing everyone.

I want to say that one was mostly fair, just that him getting a player GPS was bullshit. He stacked the deck for sure.

But I don't fault him for having a weapons cache since it was him vs literally everyone else. You can call that one unfair and I won't disagree honestly.

It was him vs everyone else, the only thing I can think it's unfair about it is that the player had no proper advice that it started, sure he has a GPS and a shitload of gear, but even so it was him vs everyone, sadly a lot of people were too busy being fuckbutts to be any good against him.

If you're a citizen of the borderlands, you don't learn about the rules of the King of Spades game is if you see someone else get taken down or you hear about it from another player who did. Also it meant that you couldn't choose to challenge it, and there was no safe place.

Knowing that he was always at the blimp seemed like a fair thing but when he started sniping people I was like ouch

How the fuck was the wolf and sheep game anything but rigged? It's straight up designed for only 1 person to survive

>If by "fair shot" you mean the possibility to come back. I can't really say that they did since you could be one of those people who got a rigged game and just die because the guy who designed it was a tosser. Luck was certainly a part of whether or not you managed to last long enough to get a chance for living.

That's exactly what I meant

So you know how dealers die if the players clear the game in the start right? Well, in heart games like where Arisu and his starting friends had to chose one survivor, wouldn't the dealer also die because 1 player will clear the game?

I think the designer of the game was the queen of hearts so I think it is rigged that a Face Card holder can make a hearts game which maximizes death without having the risk of dying from players clearing the game

>it's pretty easy to know what the conductors were planning

That's the thing, they couldn't prove the existence of the conductors/dealers before that point. If you aren't even sure if they exist, how can you know what their intentions are?

Nah, Dealers only die from players clearing the game if it's designed into the game, like Tag with horse head.

When I was reading the manga I pictured this guy to have a keikaku character voice that sounded like Takahiro Sakurai and sure enough, in the OVA adapation his was voiced by that dude.

Sakurai is really good at playing calm and confident characters

If I remember correctly, dealers do die if the game if any game is cleared and that was their motivation to design cruel games and survive.

That makes sense for when they were prepping the witch hunt game.

I had no idea Alice got any kind of animated version, how are they?, any good?, I bet they aren't all that loyal to the manga for obvious reasons, but still worth a watch?

They don't die if the game is cleared, but they do have visas depending on how many people survive a game and the like, no different than the players.

>That one dealer that blurted out the secret so she'd get shot in the head by the laser and shut everyone up

One of the ballsiest characters in the entire thing.

I'd love to see more twisted games play out honestly

who was the joker?

The Intermediator.

It's a 3 episode OVA of the first arc, and it seems pretty much 1 to 1 but I'm not sure

Nah, they changed some of the events in the Tag game.

It happened again O.O
And btw. We are no dead...yet
Right now I'm alone, our translator have left the team and the other editors are MIA
So unless I find a new translator, I don't know when the next chapters will be ready
Sorry guys

>everyone abandoned ship
Damn. Anything to do with Batoto shutting their doors?

Yeah...
And I don't know where to look for new people

Sometimes Sup Forums makes scanlation threads like this one boards.fireden.net/a/thread/168268163/#q168268163.

It's the only series with an ending I really like.

The King of Diamonds should have been a hearts game, it was more psychological than logical.
Which is a shame, because that was one of the games I looked forward to the most.

King of Diamonds was set up to give the runner of that game closure on the question he had pursued all his life.

That's interesting to hear. I saw that the entire series had been uploaded to mangadex and assumed it was one of your groups members. Maybe your translations were put up on Goddess or something (not that I have access), I've been meaning to download them so I can read the series again.

It was meant to be cleared logically, the King of Diamonds himself didn't expect anyone to solve it they way that guy did.

i need to reread this manga

Was it? I remember it being more important in that game to be able to read your opponents than logically deduce the correct number via elimination.

That game is odd because I agree that it fits more in with Psychology than it did logic. In fact, the people who tried to use logic were the first ones to drop out with the King of Diamonds being the sole exception since he just out thought everyone.

I would say though, that is correct and it was meant to be a test of pure deduction but it would up getting flipped on the king. Arguably every game has aspects of the other categories within them just in varying amounts.

Yeah but it was with no ill intent in mind or manipulation, unlike heart games. Basically algebric poker.

I absolutely fucking loved it.

Ann needed more screentime

How long would you last in the Borderlands?

It really depends on how unlucky you are when picking venues. Diamonds games are the ones I'd die on. Clubs is the one I would be hoping for the most since they are about cooperation. Spades and Hearts are coin flips. Put me in the traincar hearts game and I'll risk everything on the first car being safe and sit on my air cartridges. Put me in the wolf hunt or witch hunt and I'm going to either die or get killed off.

Yes, but reading your opponents can also be done in a logical way.

If I could calm down and think like I did when reading the manga, I'd go far on diamonds, clubs, and the fairer hearts games. I'd die at the first spade I get, though.
Fuck that shit.

This is batman levels of bullshit deduction and I loved reading it.

this is so bullshit

But that's a far more psychological example. Almost that entire image is inductive reasoning, the logic of it stops when the objective is no longer "think this out" and instead becomes "profile your opponent to determine how far they'll think this out before they stop."
I don't know, it looks like I'm probably the only person with a problem with it. Maybe it's just because I felt like there weren't enough diamonds shown and I felt kind of disappointed that I couldn't logic my way through this one personally.

There's no fucking way any normal person would clear any game 10 or higher in those conditions

>I don't know, it looks like I'm probably the only person with a problem with it.
You're not alone, I just don't think it's as big a deal as you do. And I also think that games have bleed over in categories so it's fair to say that a logic game will also push the psyche of the participants and their ability to remain cool/read each other.

I also considered that the author actually didn't know how to do logic puzzles in a death game scenario which might have contributed to the lack of fleshed out Diamond games. Stuff like the Quiz Show + flaming arrows was nice but was listed as a clubs game even though it was about deducing the safe zone.

Best part was that before she died she said that she didn't even understand some of the numbers he ruled out. The guy just got really fucking lucky

I dont remember this, why did she reveal it? It wasnt actually to shut people up was it?

She said she didn't understand what was strange about the number 69, revealing that she's one of those punk/rebel female characters that look like a slut but who is actually pure.

She did. Originally she was committed to seeing everyone tear themselves apart because of her friends sacrifice. But then she saw that there were good people and knew that nothing was going to calm the mob down short of a major distraction.

So yeah, she did it to get everyone to stop fighting and listen.

im stupid i thought this was before the hunt ended, but that doesnt make sense. was she the one that revealed her friend was the witch?

To be fair, be it 62,74, 69 or 76 he'd have still won the round. Guessing a 10 number range was enough.

What did they mean by this?

No, she died and between Arisu and the Coroner they were able to prove that her friend had killed herself.

I dunno in my opinion that was kinda the weakest game in the whole manga. If you know a whole range of numbers are popular and therefore not likely to be picked wouldnt logic dictate that as the safer range?

maybe i just have mixed feelings though because the chick was cute and that punishment was harsh, even so far as showing the chairs and "bodies" melted by the acid

You missed the next page where her last words are. "What is a LU-BU-RI-KAN-TO?"
Guy was just lucky

so that interaction between the two girls that we see where she decides to kill herself is never revealed to the rest of the characters then? sorry its been awhile

I don't know about "rigged." Would it have been any different of a group of non-friends entered that game?

Kind of having a hard time following this since it's been a while myself.

Basically, I remember after she calls down the orbital strike the existence of dealers is partially revealed to everyone present. Or at the very least it's anomalous that anyone's visa would expire during a game since that's supposed to be impossible. I don't think anyone knew about their relationship outside of what they would have seen on the beach.