>characters were generic and shallow with a waifu thrown in for good measure
>backstroy with tons of cool monsters skipped over in 2 minutes
>Godzilla hardly does anything
>animation was shit

how did they go so wrong

Other urls found in this thread:

tohokingdom.com/reviews/galvan/godzilla_planet_monsters.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

FUCK TOHO FUCK POLYGON & FUCK that disgusting ugly cgi. oh what a cancer this is

I agree about the ugly CG but can't judge the entire thing until we see all 3 movies

Who even gives a shit at this point user, its a disaster. Why the fuck couldn't this have gone to a real anime studio like bones, white fox or the likes

BASED GALVAN

tohokingdom.com/reviews/galvan/godzilla_planet_monsters.html

This is one of the worst movies I've seen. Finishing it was torture.

I hated how they rushed the beginning telling how Godzilla fucks everything up, then alien race 1 arrives, then alien race 2 arrives. Then everybody's in space and it starts dragging.
Even the parts when they finally arrive on future earth seemed boring, even though the new ecosystem could have been so interesting.

Wasted potential.

hahahaha don't forget about the retarded smudge marks on their hair. watching this shit was painful

The animation isn't so good but I think you watched a low quality rip.
It's too soon to call it something so over-dramatic like a disaster.

>low quality rip
Oh no, the cgi is CANCEROUS. This is just only image i have saved

>Who even gives a shit at this point user
>real anime studio
Well it's only your opinion, my little crossboarder.

>Godzilla fans love this thing because of "muh 300 meters" and "muh big laser"

why does this franchise attract so many autists and children?

>muh
are you being ironic?

Says the Sup Forums crossboarder. Anyone with a functioning pair of eyes can tell that this show is ugly as fuck.

piss off back to Sup Forums already you fucking looser

I'm probably the biggest Godzilla mark on Sup Forums, I've seen every movie at least three times except for Godzilla returns, 2014 and Shin which I've only seen once.
I still think it's a terrible movie.

Live Action>>>>>>>>> That ugly cg shit

I think it's an enjoyable SF movie. I don't care all that much about the size or the laser.

The size is just to demonstrate that humans have no chance of winning and to build the despair.

I'm a huge Godzilla fan, but I've become super disillusioned of the fanbase, the blatant toxicity and stupidity is rampant. And I do believe that the majority of the fanbase is underage

True, like the spazz in this thread, I refuse to believe he's a functioning adult.

I'm not saying otherwise.

>this movie has a defense force all over the internet

how and why

Urobutcher lack writing skills but he has talent for pandering. That's a real talent, not anyone can do it

What pandering? If they wanted to pander they would have made the movie about Godzilla fighting all the other kaiju, instead it brushes over that in the first 2 minutes of the movie.

There is literally NO reason why this had to be Godzilla other than shameless brand exploitation. If this had been about an original creature nobody would have given a shit. Although if this had been an original IP maybe they could have done something actually interesting. Polygon are masters at blundering properties they're given

>If they wanted to pander they would have made the movie about Godzilla fighting all the other kaiju
This. I want my anime monstermash.

Because Urobuchi is involved with it. Even though he only wrote the screen play

But the movies are about Godzilla stealing earth from humans. Why do you think it has nothing to do with Godzilla?

The director wants to adapt the prequel novel. If this does well financially they can make it.

>if this does well financially they can make it
hah

This was a TV series at first, one cour of anime costs around 250-300 million yen to produce. If they want to make additional films, they have the means to do so.

Is it worse than the 2014 Godzilla?

a lot worse

it has the same problems but to a worse degree and other problems added to them

Urobitch

Nothing is as bad 2014.

Godzilla POTM: 7 minutes of g
G14: 10 minutes of G

and there is not big outrage about screentime this time, really scrungles my bungles

This.

t. child who didn't grow up with G1998 or any of the older Godzilla movies

Same. I found the world building interesting and I also like the characters so far.

But then again, I've liked everything written by Urobuchi so far.

>But then again, I've liked everything written by Urobuchi so far.
Imagine being this much of a pleb.

I didn't give a shit about the original Godzilla movies. Disaster movies and giant monsters are boring unless they heavily focus on the effects after the fact instead of the actual disaster or giant monster.

Or imagine having different tastes.

If that's what you want to call it.

The fact that they turned this anime into 3 movies

Not that user, but the works where he does all the writing are all solid. Especially when it comes to his VNs and LNs.

This. It would have worked better as a TV series but they got too greedy.

It would have worked better if they picked a studio that wasn't dogshit at making 3D

imagine being so retarded

Psycho-Pass is by far "his" best series, and it's the series which he had the least influence over, having worked with a talented director and scenario writer who held things together and gave him the good ideas. In fact, I'd say it's his edgy, tasteless style of writing characters and emotional scenes that holds the series back the most.

It would have worked better if they picked a studio that wasn't making 3D at all

I'm saying it might as well have been some other creature. Godzilla being a million meter tall plant creature that rules the Earth has very little relation to any previous Godzilla

It was disappointing as fuck.

The more Butcher stuff I see the more I'm convinced that Madoka was a one time fluke and he actually sucks dicks at writing.

And Godzilla in 1954 was in Gojira less then 2014!

>It was meant to be a series on TV
>They now have to rush a tv series into 3 movies.
>The Novel and the upcoming Manga are going to show more monster action.

Manga and Novel have:
>Swarm of Kamacuras, Dogora, 3 Kamoebas, Orga, Dagahra, Barem, Megalon, 3 Anguirus, 2 Baragons, 2 Varans, 3 Ebirahs, Giant Octopus, Flock of Griffons from Latitude Zero, Ganimes, Gezora, Manda, Biollante, Swarm of Zillas, Gorosaurus, Gabra, Flock of Rodan, Megaguirus, Hedorah, Mothra, GAMERA, Kumonga, Maguma, Mobile Suit J Jaguars, GHed Mechs.
>Anime has Godzilla, Minya on Steroids, Servum, hints at MechaGodzilla, SpaceGodzilla being name dropped in a convention.

>The novel is going to show more monster action
Wut

The novel established the multiple attacks.

This seems like the complete opposite of the way they should have done things. It should have gone:
>Big CG Godzilla monster fight show or movies
>Novel and manga that focuses on the aftermath
Who the hell wants to read a novel about Kaiju battles?

Cause again, it was meant to be a fucking series on TV.
And the novel and Manga are about the events leading up to humans leaving the Earth.

because toho is retarded as fuck, Anno handed them a miracle two years ago, they got lucky as this shows

I'll stick to adaptations by James Stokoe, thanks.

And now Anno thinks they won't let him direct another one because of how controlling and strict he was with Shin's production.

Godzilla in Hell was pretty nice

>someone disagree
>must be defense force

Eh, Shin's ending seemed to tie it together pretty well, making a sequel would seem like milking it, there really isn't anywhere to go after that, the city could get nuked if he wakes back up, that's pretty much all that can happen. Unless they really do want to go full alien rip off with their xeno-zillas

Thank you for saving my time. I was thinking about watching it, but watched Anno's instead.

I made it about 1/3 of the way through, it was too much, ok lets skip to the fight lets see if that is any good... nope.. skip some more... you know what I've wasted enough time, close tab.

I think that the idea of Godzilla becoming human like the ending suggests could be interesting to explore. But really I just want another good Godzilla movie, I don't really care how it connects to Shin.

>those shots that are exact copies of Interstellar

Lucky you, my autism forced me to finish it.

Everything seemed to be tailored specifically to prevent a sequel at the end, the countdown was at an hour, not really enough time for a feature length movie. And I am pretty sure that Godzilla would die in the nuclear explosion given how bunker busters were able to injure him

I've been to Toho Kingdom, many fans are well into their 20s and 30s.
user have you met kaiju fans? Because I have, a giant chunk of that fanbase is composed of Sup Forums levels of snobbery full of "only plot and characters matter" and "the best genre movies are the ones with the least amount of genre aspects". You know, the kind of people that take Channel Awesome seriously and rigorously defend their critics without giving the movies they attack an actual chance. Many are sheeple and they lack will power.

>Fate/Zero eschews 95% of F/SN's time spent on dopey, fun slice-of-life segments that contrast the dark spots to make room for more grimderp
>normies eat it up and complain that F/SN is "too silly" while their second favorite mentally ill bro buddies are busy making children into musical furniture
BASED UROBUCHI

>many fans are into their 20's and 30's
They sure don't act like it, because I based my most of them are children stance on that forum

Children don't hunt down banned members on other websites until they are driven into depression.

>until they are driven into depression.
Never heard of that one

But that's a very childlike thing to do. I have been stalked by a guy on other sites for disagreeing with him, it was pretty funny when i confronted him

>MFW a dman1954 video appears on my reccomendations

>normies

>Never heard of that one
You don't want to.
I get the Space Amoeba trio because of Tokyo SOS, but what the hell are Dogora and Dagahra doing there? They have no Godzilla connections outside of that PS1 trading card game.

I do want to

you mean the motherfucker who sees himself as the next cinemasins and makes 30 minute long videos attacking people for having the wrong opinion? Fuck that guy

>people crying about Godzilla fanbase
>bitching about children and toxicity
>secondaries never heard about Urobuchi outside anime
>pepe
>normies
>ecelebs
purge this thread