Haikyuu!! 290

Dumping the whole chapter

This arc is over but Nationals keep going.
The crows finally beat Inarizaki

Occasional haikyuu bread I guess

I can't imagine the pain of reading this weekly. The only sports manga i've ever read like that was Kuroko and I hopped in by the last 50 chapters.
Now that this arc is over I might actualy try to pick it up though.

The Shiratorizawa match went longer than a year I think

FIN

yeah, at fucking last, this game ended

why the fuck did the author spent so much time on it? it makes zero sense, eveybody knew they were going to win to have their game against muh friend/rival next, and inarizaki brings practically nada in terms of growth, narration, rivalry or whatever, they were just a random step on the road

should have ended it in 2 sets, instead of going for >muh infinite deuces in 3 sets. Just how many months have been wasted on this 3rd set?

I wanted Tanaka to shine a little more in this game, maybe in the next one.

Well shit, they were still on this game? I dropped it for a while near the beginning because it was so long, I guess it's time to catch up.

I think I might be too retarded to follow the manga. Any word on when the anime comes back? I love the story.

>the game against the fated rival will last for more than a year

fug

This arc lasted how many chapters?

way too many

40+

Just checked, it started at chapter 249 and ended at 290. 41 chapters overall, something like 9 fucking months spent on this fucking game.

The 3rd set alone got 24 fucking chapters, approximately 5 months and a half.

>This arc is over
Nice, time to finally pick this up again. I think it has been almost a whole year since I last read this.

Nah. It's been one full year. The match started around the time the manga celebrated its 5th year of serialization. In this chapter, the cover was about the 6th anniversary...

>why the fuck did the author spent so much time on it?
Only because he grew attached to the Miya brothers. I mean, okay, they're fun and all, but that was way too much of them. It's the same reason why the Shiratorizawa went on for so long, too, because he liked the team a lot.

I wish

Now imagine how long the author is gonna spend on the garbage dump match. Guts will probably have enough time to go on a boat trip to Namek and back again, before that match will be finished.

This is weird. I, and I think you too, we read Greed Island and Chimera Ants, Enies Lobby and Dressrosa, Namek, Soul Society, etc. 40 chapters shouldn't be so hard for us.

What's going on, bros? Are we getting old?

dressrosa was a fucking shit show and you know it

We're just not used to read it on a weekly basis for a whole year or more.

I liked this match, I didn't like the brothers. Maybe I would've liked them more if they closed their mouths more.

Inarizaki character really boring compared Shiratorizawa

As a matter of fact, I never read One Piece, HxH or Bleach, Berserk and I finished Dragon Ball like 20 years ago. I also stopped Naruto but finished it in one go once the series ended. I guess the weekly publication doesn't help, but in the end, what annoy me is not that this game was so long, it's that it was completely useless in terms of narration or growth for the characters or the team, it felt like it was just for the sake of adding new chapters and milking the cow.

Well, I read Ippo, though...

And Bastard!!! I read FUCKING BASTARD!!!!!!!

It's because they didn't have the same hype as Shiratorizawa. Those guys were hyped up for so long and Inarizaki just kinda existed. Plus Ushijima>>>>>>>The twins. Ushijima was intimidating as fuck while the twins felt like a bland rip off of the Hinata/Kageyama combo

It was be more acceptable without all those useless flashbacks for every tertiary characters too. Plus it's pretty much always the same shit like:
- the average-Japanese-senpai who had no talent but made it because he endured his stupid Japanese grinding regimen like running 500 laps per week dragging a tyre behind him under 40°C 100% humidity
- the 3rd year who accepted to see his place as a starter being stolen by the genius 1st year for the sake of the team and his now supporting in the backgroun
- the 1st year pinch server who only has this weapon and honned it to make it to the team
- the jack-of-all-trade-master-of-none 3rd year senpai who is keeping in check the goofy genius

The problem is this arc has no relevance to the overall story and could have been finished in a month or two, this arc was stalling for time, it's not like a manga with a massive world where long arcs reveal more of the world and it's not like a sports manga where they are fighting against their biggest rivals, this team was unheard of before this match and never relevant

B-But muh Miya bros!

as much as long winded games stretch my patience, i'm always really glad when a mangaka does that cause you can tell they actually care about the game just as much as the characters behind the game, etc. as much as i should love sports anime, only three series hit both of these spectacularly and haikyu's one of them

>Guts will probably have enough time to go on a boat trip to Namek and back again, before that match will be finished.
You know it's not true and you know it.

Wow, that was a long fucking game. At the end I gotta say I really liked it though, even though I thought that it was dragging a lot.

Where is the fucking anime? This shit alone is 24 episodes.