Why is shonen so pathetic? Like, I don't even get it...

Why is shonen so pathetic? Like, I don't even get it. Who wants to sit and watch an entire series with the only entertainment being watching some big buff retards hitting eachother? There's never a plot and if there is it's usually really dry or just filler for the next fight. It just seems... Ew. It seems Icky..

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5r-EvIYTggI
youtube.com/watch?v=NmFDtMw2Ee0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Because girls actually get their holes filled with natural meat.

>Why is shonen so pathetic? Like, I don't even get it. Who wants to sit and watch an entire series with the only entertainment being watching some big buff retards hitting eachother?
Generally agreed.

>Ew. It seems Icky..
Fucking tumblr. Did the icky man eye-rape you on the bus and give you PTSD?

Mhm okay.

You know I used to be like you, until I watched really bad anime. Now, these things don't bother me, because I realized there's way worse anime out there. So maybe you shouldn't watch things you don't enjoy?

>It's about retards hitting each other
Generally, Shounen is about the journey of the loser becoming that big strong man who can protect all that is important to us. One of the defining things of the genre is the frequency of the protagonist starting at a state of "zero". How they grow varies, but generally, it's about them pushing through with their friends (who, as the audience also become our "friends by association) and we want them to succeed because we see ourselves as that underdog fighting the odds and coming out on top. It's--more often than not--a play on the human state of self-improvement. We don't see ourselves as perfect, but we see the Shounen hero growing and slowly getting their kudos as the chapters go, we can't help but cheer loudly when they reach the end.

Granted, the doctrine has been violated or ignored many times, but this is generally the structure that makes publications within the Shounen Demographic so appealing to those that pick it up. Dragon Quest did it well; Eyeshield 21 did it pretty okay; HSDK went great by its protagonist even if the story was found lacking and we just love seeing a giant being felled by the little guy. It's about climbing that mountain. If seeing that doesn't appeal to you, then there's that. But to call it pathetic is just mocking people who want to do better tomorrow than they did yesterday.

Shes an LWAfag, of course shes a tumblrwhale.

>It’s a hambeast shitposting because she will never have a bf episode

I can't tell if this is bait or not.
Shonen is rarely about fighting in itself; it's a lot of times about growing and becoming more comfortable in the skin you're in. Claiming there's never a plot in it, or that it's only about fighting, makes me think you've either never seen one or you've seen the anime with your ass.

>But to call it pathetic is just mocking people who want to do better tomorrow than they did yesterday.
While I do appreciate the attitude of self-improvement, I do think that, generally speaking, the authors emphasis on flashiness/style over pragmatism is pathetic. Save rare exceptions, it's either the antagonist not doing any critical mistake and still losing (due to "power of friendship/effort/justice"/powerups out of nowhere), or both MC and antagonist doing critical mistakes such as hitting each other without regard for defense, deflections, whiff punishes, counterattacks, stamina management. Said manga/anime can instill bad habits or lack of attention to details on people.

>all shonen is battle shonen

I personally feel that a lot of the appeal of shonen is subconscious. Humans just like to see people fight, men especially so. It's natural, and it's how we evolved.

The way I see it, the people you see watching shonen are likely the people you'd see in the stands at the gladiatorial arenas many centuries ago.

Or at least that's why I enjoy it so much. People fighting + crazy shit that IRL people fighting just can't match. I enjoy it a lot, even if the story is lackluster. Never met a shonen I didn't like at least on some level.

If all conflict followed the conventions of pragmatism, then storytelling would be confined to table discussions and hissy fits. Harry Potter, essentially /lit/ Shounen, would essentially be a crime procedural out of the hands of the title character, for instance. You preach pragmatism, yet you put it forth to such a point that you're essentially throwing out all entertainment value of it out the window.

What you've listed is essentially the "Cavalry Arc" of Kangoku Gakuen. You want detail and reversals, there you go. See how that went down. By your conventions, it's the perfect culmination of what you wish.

>Humans just like to see people fight, men especially so
Males tend to enjoy competition, females tend to be more protective; competition doesn't need to involve physical damage.
Shonen watchers/readers could be compared to soccer spectators; most of them will get hyped whenever one attacking team gets close to the opponent team's goal, other people won't get hyped if they don't see an actual goal opportunity. Most spectators would want to chase the ball whenever they don't have it, if they were playing; others would think about how his/her own team would move in advance.
Shonen would tend to be like soccer played by kids.

i almost don't like animes without bad ass dudes fighting each other

i'd rather watch beserk than a show about lolis doing absolutely nothing interesting

i've sat through my fair share of SoL and moe garbage (and liked some of them) but there getting old. give me some battle scenes. beach volleyball is not interesting to watch even when there cute grilz

>Males tend to enjoy competition, females tend to be more protective; competition doesn't need to involve physical damage.
You've got a good point here. I personally never could get into any of the sports however, cause it just all felt really pointless. When someone's life is on the line, it feels more real to me (even if it's all fictional and I know that, if I get immersed I can still trick my brain pretty well.) Also in sports, people still have to keep their persona on, showing their public selves. When you're in a serious fight, that tends to go away most of the time.

Additionally, fighting was the first and most natural form of competition. It still remains the most natural to human instinct, just look at what kids will do to each other before being taught to fit into society better. They beat the shit out of each other first and foremost lmao

>"Im gay"
Thanks for the blog user

Little boys and teenagers who want to see a simple show about heroes that represent heroism, empathy, strength and perseverance in face of any troubles and make sure the world is just.

>Moefanboy meets shonen for the first time.

>you will never be a magical high school girl
;_;

>If all conflict followed the conventions of pragmatism, then storytelling would be confined to table discussions and hissy fits.
Storytelling doesn't necessarily need to be confined to table discussions; characters might have to act on their own due to sudden circumstances (for example, being attacked while travelling, or having a change of plans), taking decisions based on limited knowledge/information or time.
>Harry Potter, essentially /lit/ Shounen, would essentially be a crime procedural out of the hands of the title character, for instance.
If that's the best solution (which is likely to be), and wasn't the author's intention, it's a flaw in the author's design (a plot hole, so to say); it could theoretically be written so that the story still follows the intended path, by making said more currently practical approaches less viable (for example, lack of evidences favoring Harry's cause, so he has to take action himself or with the help of others).
What I meant with pragmatism, was for example, the dude at the end of the match not trying to be "honorable" and attack the MC's team, for example.
youtube.com/watch?v=5r-EvIYTggI

Because people generally enjoy the journey of the main character getting powerups and beating villain after villain, specially it is has a good cast of supporting characters.
After all.most people watch anime for scapism and mindless entertainment and battle shounen provides that along some inspirational messages about working hard and shit

Back to watch cute girls doing literally nothing at all i guess. Thanks for your precious opinion user.

>I personally never could get into any of the sports however, cause it just all felt really pointless.
I used to think the same, until I found out that I could have fun in the process of solving problems. So you can have fun playing something and having mental exercise, even when losing. The more knowledge/information you have available, the more tools you'll have to play with, the greater your possibilities will be, and the more fun the game will be, the greater will be it's replay value.

Kids will try to beat other kids, but the fun begins (for me) when the basic stuff stops working, and the contenders have to improve and out-adapt each other. Their playstyles, abilities and flaws can make for interesting, diverse match-ups.

Please do not use my wife for shitposting.

You're a fucking low T soyboy OP and I'd bash your fucking skull open.

Why is cute girls doing cute things so pathetic? Like, i don't even get it. Who wants to sit and watch an entire series with the only entertainment being little girls doing absolutely nothing? There's never a plot and if there is it's usually really dry filler. it just seems... Ew. it seems Icky

think about when you were 10. you probably thought power levels and people fighting each other with secret moves was the coolest shit. that's who shonen anime are made for.

>thinking that isnt cool anymore

I just want dudes with swords not girls and beach parties

girls with swords are better

there's different shows made for adults that still have fighting but also cute girls and panties

Imagine unironically believing girls could ever hope to be as badass as men in a fight.

is that your autistic nardo OC?

not user but to me that just looks like regular ol' Edgy McEdgelord Sasuke, just with red hair and different clothes. If someone unironically called that their OC it would probably be grounds for a copyright infringement lawsuit, it's so uncreative

girls are more badass than men

>genres women will never understand

Show one example

How's that desperate attempt to get laid coming along for ya?

Shonen is not synonim of mainstream shit for 12-y-old normalfags like Dragonball / Naturo / One Piece.
Go watch a real shonen like Pandora Hearts(*) or Full Metal Alchemist

(*) this one you'd want to read, rather than watch

Ryuko and Satsuki from Kill la Kill are more badass than anyone from TTGL

>shitty Harry Potter ripoff in the OP
>hurr durr why are shonens so bad? XDDD
weak bait

I want shounenfags to get their own board. They have nothing in common with the rest of Sup Forums.

Fuck you. fuck your halfassed mainstreamer opinion, and fuck your mom and dad too, OP.

Love, Battle Shonen Fun

If shounen was about guys hitting each other, maybe I'd actually enjoy it.

As it stands, shounen is generally about cock-teasing poorly animated fights with a fuck-ton of filler and expecting you to care about characters with the depth of a puddle.

The male characters are always either retards or edgelords who spout shit about "much hard work", even though everything is handed to them,and the female characters only exist to slobber over the MC's cock.Even Moeshit is superior, since it at least understands that characters are more important than plot. Shounen is THE bottom of the barrel anime genre.

harry potter is written by a woman
it's not even proper shounen

The only good battle shounen ever made was written by a woman.

There exists modern shounen manga with a legit strong MC from the get go. Those are usually published in magazines outside of WSJ.

Where did the trend of weak shounen MCs like you described started?

And?

There are other countless good action shounen made after the turn of the millenium but those are usually serialized monthly and often are not as popular as DB clones.

Women often write better battle shounen than men, period.

Kek

This is one of the worst posts ever made, shounen doesn't mean DB ripoffs. You're overgeneralizing it.

And Baki. Kenichi if you can stand the fanservice.

I want to watch Little Bitch Academia because Diana looks so sexy, but the anime itself is so boring

You would understand it if you grew some balls.

You're the kind of person that when seeing shonen thinks of Nardo, MHA, Fairy Tail, etc and never even considering stuff like Death Note or Full Metal Alchemist.

should i watch LWA? I hate shonen

>All shounen is DBZ and Naruto

Do you even realize how stupid you sound right now?

>He says as he posts a pseudo-shonen

It is shounen (technically), but the OVA was well received from what I've heard.
But beware, just watch it and form your opinion.

The sad state of Sup Forums when it comes to shounen as a word.

what would that be?
women can't write for shit

Because not every shonen manga are about fighting maybe?

Nisekoi is shonen for instance, even if it's more of a romance type of manga

Do eet user. She badly wants the D.

Only the OVAs
Avoid the TV at all costs, its garbage.

>Because not every shonen manga are about fighting maybe?
Speaking of battle shounen, there are other forms of fighting within it such as summon-based duels, mecha and to an extent, board game duels similar to Yu-Gi-Oh!.

>says such things while posting a LWA image
You should know better than anyone else that fun things are fun regardless of what their actual "quality" is, no matter who is appraising them. Take that stick out of your ass and you might be able to enjoy a whole new world of anime one day.
>...
>Ew.
>Icky..
Disregard that, there's no hope for you.

togashi isnt a woman

Yoshihiro Togashi is a man.

youtube.com/watch?v=NmFDtMw2Ee0
The virgin shonen otaku vs. the chad grownup reader/viewer

*casually tsumos*

While I agree with you, I know you just want to post smug Diana.

>only entertainment being watching some big buff retards hitting eachother
do you know how much millions a MMA fighter is paid? Yes of course we enjoy it.

if pic related was a shonen, it would fall into many pathetic shonen cliches.

is that rock & roll ricky?

There hasn't been a good battle shonen since FMA. And even then, calling it a battle shonen is reductive.
Shit genre for retards. Just take a look at the One Piss threads.

Read more battle shounen if thats what you're looking for. The monthly ones are usually better than the weekly ones.

>Watches LWA
You really aren't one to talk, faggot

Correct.
>There hasn't been a good battle shonen since FMA.
Incorrect.

Keijo was a sports shounen, it doesn't count.

oh man, keijo is so great. New chapter when? The goketsu will be awesome.

Seinen >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Shounen is for 12 year old kids and below

Haha yeah those dumb kids and their shounses anyway I'll go back to my mature seinens like HxH and Death Note

Lol, there's ton of immature seinen just as there's ton of mature shounen.

Violence-wise, modern shounen can be even gorier than many seinen, often done in a over the top way.

Sorry for the typo.

>shonen=battle manga

Sasuga Sup Forums

You know shonen is not a genre

Action shounen manga where no one dies outside of flashbacks is pathetic when overdone.