How did FGO and the secondaries ruin the nasuverse? It was going so well before

How did FGO and the secondaries ruin the nasuverse? It was going so well before.

Nasu ruined the nasuverse. Secondaries are natural consequence. Fate Extra was the last straw, hell I'd say even Zero anime shouldn't happen.

>fatemonkeys surprised their franchise is shit

>implying the Zero anime wasn't the apex of the nasuverse

>It was going so well before

FGO is only the result of Fate being shit from the very beginning

Since Fate/Extra I knew there's no hope for Nasuverse.

well unlike most mobage spinoffs which are considered goofy omake and dream matches FGO is taken completely seriously a majority of the time.

>It was going so well before
It really wasn't

It wasn't so well before. Things like extra showed how lazy they are and how much they want to milk fate and saber. Can't blame them for it but at least they can be mote creative.

How did FGO ruin the nasuverse? And don't give a shitty excuse like muh waifus and husbando

Like did the main story of the game retcon anything from the original Fate?

Fate is definitely the easy road to fame and fortune. Nasu wants money, so you really can't blame him for taking this route. I just hope he would work on new, smaller stuff while maintaining FGO, but I know that's wishful thinking.

I actually like the fact that I got one thing for me to put all the blame.

>It was going so well before.
Hahahahahaha
Oh wait, you were serious?
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

>did the main story of the game retcon anything from the original Fate?
If anything it justifies the simultaneous existence of all 3 FSN routes via its timeline shenanigans.

The fact that Camelot falling was a quantum timelock as well would mean that Arturia's wish for someone else to pull the sword out instead of her would just put the role of "King Arthur" on someone else, and Camelot would still fall.

Nasu was preparing to George Lucas his own franchise even before GO. It was only a matter of time. The missile has been launched: there's no going back to the way things were. It's dust and ashes from here on out. Loli's and titty monsters sell more than plot. Nasu offered us this fate and we devoured it like the good goys we are.

Was Fate ever good?

For some, it helped cement the new precedent. Many people were drawn into the Nasuverse through the stories and worldbuilding told in FSN and Zero. As of now, Strange/fake is the only new "traditional" Fate series that's being published.

Yes. It's really impressing how F/SN characters are still so popular after 14 years.

Stop treating Fate like if it were some sort of sacred cow and start reading better visual novels.

Fate peaked with the original VN and has only gone downhill since then. When people ask about getting into the series I tell them to read the original VN then stop because that's it, it never gets better.

And this is from someone who actively plays GO.

Fate died with zero lol

>it was going so well
Let's not play pretend. Extra was shit and the only remotely good things after HA were Carnival Phantasm and Melty.

>do the battle royale format better than the original
>dude the franchise died lol
Why do you guys keep doing this? Same happened with Apocrypha despite the acclaim.

Mahoyo came out in 2012.
In Extra CCC Nasu was still trying at least.

People who just want Servants and battle royale shit are the reason TM became this way. FSN used that as a bait but then completely shat on the concept of the Holy Grail War, in classic Nasu style.

this

>Like did the main story of the game retcon anything from the original Fate?

It actually did. F/SN, Zero, and Tsukihime are separate universes now ruining the entire DC/Marvel style shared world they had.

Werenn't they always separate universes?

And yet Zero somehow didn't do the same by making life miserable for all its participants? Only Apocrypha went head first with the concept, but still made it entertaining nonetheless by throwing away rationality.

>Fate
>Battle Royale Series
This is why Secondaries are the cancer

Illya zwei was the peak

only downhill from that

It ruined it for you cause you didn't pull a 5 star you shitter.

and this is bad why

Fate, Tsukihime, and KnK universes were always separated. They were alternate realities.

no

>7 people participate in a fight against each other for a prize
how is this not a battle royale

War is hell
Holy grail war is stupid
Dont do the same thing like my father does, faggots.

Official Typemoon Tier List

Worth Experiencing
>KnK movies
>F/SN VN
>Melty

Not Worth Experiencing
>literally everything else

>not written by Nasu
>apex of nasu-verse

Zero caused the secondaries and normies. Zero was a mistake.

>were always seperated
Redman and Ciel used to hang out secondary-kun

too bad Sup Forums missed the whole point of Zero and think Shirou is actually sane

What's a quantum timelock?

I want cake Aoko to sit on my face with her jeans, and I want to eat her ass.

>reading 2004 Nasu
>reading 2004 Nasu with a bad translation
No thank you

Pic related
This.

Yes, the characters still exist in the universe but the realities wasn't. Like the story of Tsukihime did not happen in Fate and KnK reality, or KnK story did not happen in Tsukihime and Fate reality.

>being an EoP
ohohohoho~

>Tsukihime
>Mahou Tsukai no Yoru
>Fate/hollow ataraxia
>Kagetsu Tohya
Add them you nigger.

>Ciel during her church work met Shirou during his siegi no mikata bullshit
>Ciel working for the church is intrinsically linked with the events that start tsukihime
>Shirou doing his bullshit is intrinsically linked with the events that occur in F/SN
Just admit Nasu retconned it.

Only Tsukihime/KnK were.

They had a better more expansive, interconnected world and dividing it up made each new one less interesting.

>bad translation
this meme needs to die. i see people always say shit but never give any examples of bad translations, they just state it as is and expect others to believe that.

it's impossible to learn Japanese, unfortunately

The "save" points of the timelines. Events that must happen for a timeline to exist.

Basically common major events across all the timelines that still exist. Timelines that stray off and have those events not happen or end up differently are culled because they led to a stagnant future.

Another quantum timelock is the fact that regardless of timeline, all Fate/ timelines will have a HGW in Fuyuki in 2004. FGO's timeline had 1 single proper HGW and it was the one in Fuyuki 2004.

>Tsukihime
Very overrated. It's a mess of a VN full of shallow characters that there really is no benefit to reading. By far and away the best thing to come out of it was Melty.
>Mahou Tsukai no Yoru
This isn't even overrated, the general opinion is that it's average at best.
>Fate/hollow ataraxia
If you loved the characters of F/SN so much that you are content to sit through SoL shit interspersed with Nasus pseudomoral wank maybe but it's certainly not worth experiencing on its own
>Kagetsu Tohya
Same thing as Ataraxia but replace pseudomoral wank with needlessly complicated branching choices

cyka blyat

Are you pointing out things that were mentioned in FGO? Cause I don't remember those details. But to be fair it's been a while since I was into nasuverse. I just remember that the alternate realities thing was mentioned somewhere.

>Only Tsukihime/KnK were.
Oh, I see.

Can you provide the quote from the actual VN? Nasu's meme answers change every time. They establish fuck all. Now fuck off, secondary.

You can't hang out with a very dead woman because Roa was killed and Ciel was never possessed in Fate.

It's from mats and interviews from like 2005. Retconned a long time ago.
I said used to you stupid nigger, it's clearly not true any more.

>the writing is bad, so it must be the translators fault

This, Basically Shirou want to avoid the shitstorm F/Z does. Fate is Antiwar series, not the opposite.

>the general opinion is that it's average at best.
Weird, because all the opinions I've seen say it does what Nasu set out to do with Fate and fights in general best

The Ahnenerbe existed because the fate and tsukihime version of the characters did NOT belong to the same timeline.

You had this started since Extra loud and clearly with Sion being informed as still birth and dead in Fate worlds.

Tsukihime has the best vampire lore outside of the World of Darkness. The Tohno stuff was also golden and Kohaku is a more interesting Sakura.

Mahoyo is one of those cases where it has a lot of people who believe it's great because it's untranslated. The reception when it came out in Japan was very lukewarm and Nasu didn't bother with even hinting that he was working on a sequel.

>The Ahnenerbe existed because the fate and tsukihime version of the characters did NOT belong to the same timeline.
Ahnenerbe was to mix KnK characters with Tsukihime and Fate ones originally
>You had this started since Extra loud and clearly
Extra came out like 5 years after Nasu originally said they were connected.

I don't know what is so difficult to comprehend about 'this used to be true but isn't any more'.

I thought that was because of the low production values and no voices rather than the content itself.

It's pretty animated for a visual novel though

Mahoyo had great production values and the effects are fantastic, it's just boring.
>no voices
All Typemoon vns were released unvoiced.

>I said used to you stupid nigger,
no, it never happened, "nigger", all you have is some joke that Nasu made because he never took seriously shit like Archer's clothes.origin. He's not fucking Tolkien who thinks shoes need a backstory.

Zero was Urobuchi not nasu. It should have ended with this light novel... maybe Prisma manga staying underground just like MBX. Nasu should have finished Mahoyo and return to Turkeyhandle. But thats just my Tsukihimefag wishful thinking.

>never took it seriously
>talks about the magic properties it has and its origin
Is your argument really "He said it but he was joking trust me", because that's pathetic.

>Ahnenerbe was to mix KnK characters with Tsukihime and Fate ones originally
Yet it's used mostly for Tsukihime and Fate, you drooling retard.

>Extra came out like 5 years after Nasu originally said they were connected.
Please quote this, and from an actual official work. Because the only connection FATE has is with KnK due to Touko. Which makes sense considering KnK world also got incinerated.

Nasu retconned the entire setting of when the wars took place creating continuity problems (like making Karen 14 when she used to be much older) way before this divide and people give a shit about two separate works being two separate works?

Sounds like oldfags aren't really fans and hate to have their headcanons challenged.

Its a perfect Pleb filter who likes SAO, Mirai Nikki, DBS, & Naruto.
Real fatebros only Read/Watch F/SN, F/HA & F/Z & understanding the meaning of it.

>Yet it's used mostly for Tsukihime and Fate
Because they have more characters. Saying mostly means not entirely anyway, so great job.

>please quote this
It's in Fate/complete material III.

>It's from mats and interviews from like 2005. Retconned a long time ago.
What was retconned, the Ciel-Archer relationship or the multi realities thing? Archer still could exist in Ciel's (Tsukihime) reality and Ciel still could exist in Archer's (Fate) reality. It's just that the events that happened in their reality might be different than the actual events of their game, therefore not connecting them directly. Pretty sure even Extra is an alternate reality.

Spbp

But they're still worth experiencing, at least as a 2nd tier if you enjoyed the 1st tier. Unlike the rest of TM trash.

>Pretty sure even Extra is an alternate reality.
Yes.

Redman, for one, made a contract with the Moon Cell instead of Alaya in Extra's timeline, resulting in a much happier redman.

You could just not watch them. It's not like the type Moon routes that need to be watched/read in order to understand the whole story.

>fatefags think their shonen powerlevel shit is better than other shonen powerlevel shit

this is why everyone hates you

No one cares about Karen's age; shared universes are a huge selling point though, to the extent that it turned the MCU into a juggernaut. The Nasuverse, in Urobuchi's words, used to be Japanese Marvel.

The problem is that nothing good will come out of TM again, since they're fixed on pandering to secondaries by misusing Servants, and put literally no effort into anything they do thanks to a shitty mobage making them all the money they'd ever need.

uhhhh seems like a bunch of neets just don't have phones

>F/SN
>Powerlevel

Wow, look at this image full of shitty bland and meme characters.
It'd fit right into /vg/.

It's im@s cg all over again.

>Going so well before
Bullshit, it started with Zero but adding gachashit just exploded Fate's popularity plus we got that piece of shit Apocrypha with a pull towards Trapfags/ Trannies (people with bad taste.) Either way TM is normie now, deal with it.

This.Fate should be nothing more than a glorified eroge.

Sorry but there was no fate community on Sup Forums before F/Z,now do me a favor and shut the fuck up.

Zero is the reason fags want EPIC battles from the franchise, completely misunderstanding the whole theme of the Grail war being a pointless and vicious slaughter.

>no fate community on Sup Forums before F/Z
yeah, when F/Z was airing there were totally no lnfags pointing out how adaptation sucked.

People always find a way to bitch about something.Consensus is not fun.
F/Z as a standalone is a better anime than much of the overrated shit we've been fed this last years.

It was still mediocre adaptation. They even fucked minor, yet important details like Iri's dress color.

but that was the beauty of Kerry, he partook in the epic slaughters and realized at the very end THE GRAIL WAR WAS A MISTAKE and commanded Seiba to excaliblast his cupwife only to stumble through the wreckage desperately searching for some meaning in all the pointless bloody destruction their tournament causes literally every time.

It's a mediocre adaptation(your words,not mine) but a fucking great anime.That's what matters,not your mickey mouse virtual coloring book with words

It's fucking great anime the same way Tsukihime 'adaptation'