Sword Art Online

So I gave in and read the Alicization novels since the manga is taking way too long to update.

Fucking hell why did Eugeo have to die?

Other urls found in this thread:

geekculture.co/logging-into-sword-art-online-beaters-event-tokyo-2018/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Because he was more interesting than Kirito

>Cropping Kirito and Best Boy
For shame.

Different image user.

Because if he lived, he would cuck Asuna as Kirito's true love

because kawahara thinks kirito needs to suffer some more

Black Swordsman? More like a potato waiting to be chopped.

It was a good reason to take Kirito out of the story for a while.

REEEEEEE fucking delete this.

This

Reminder that memories of Eugeo are what brought Kirito out of his double coma, Asuna, Shinon, and Leefa only helped and the More Deban club might as well not have existed

I have no idea what's happening in that picture but I feel angry for some reason.

PoH is a piece of shit to the highest degree.

"It's SHOW~TIME

Terraria > Solus > Stacia (In terms of design)

I respectfully disagree:
Stacia = Solus = Terraria = Alice.

I want Yuna as a permanent part of the SAO gameverse.

If only she got a unique bard skill line that boosts up parameters that players have in SAO

Something that never had a living body can't die. It just gets moved, edited or deleted.

Well they brought the miracle that is Yuuji back to us so once we reach Ordinal Scale it's a high possibility

Maybe then Eiji wouldn't be the faggot he was in the movie.

You haven't read Hopeful Chant I take it? She had a rare skill Chant that provided various buffs depending on what song she sung.

Damn. She could've been a real valuable asset to the front lines then. How did she die anyway?

This would be a welcome addition to the gameverse. Also further cementing as the best continuity

> How did she die anyway?
Chant

Yes, it gives party wide buffs, but it also draws priority aggro from EVERYTHING. She got rushed by mobs while Eiji was stuck behind a locked gate had had to watch

Well fuck. I need to read that then.

Man if she had proper tanks with her she'd be a fucking godsend to the front lines.

Tanks don't matter

You could have a hundred tanks, as long as her song is active every mob in hearing range from boss to adds is going to try and kamikaze her ignoring everyone else.

They did have tanks during that fight actually, they were just literally unable to pull off her no matter what

Considering we already have 1 dead character alive in the gameverse I would to see the writers bullshit their way into having Yuna be alive.

How she died is what Hopeful Chant is about. The gist of it being that Eiji and Yuuna had separately been leveling up to join the front lines. Eiji joined the KoB, got promoted to Asuna's squad, then demoted for freezing up in combat (apparently from fear, in reality from a slight incompatibility with standard full dive settings) and passed over for the next floor boss clearing team. The time to kill the next floor boss rolls around, Heathcliff, Asuna, Kirito, Klein, and all the other top players leave to kill it. Then a random player comes into town begging for help saving the rest of his party who are trapped by a field boss that has minions that inflict the silence status effect(prevents crystal usage). Eiji and two Fuurinkazan members are the best players available, so they put together some volunteers for a rescue mission, and Yuuna insists on joining. They got to kill the field boss with Yuuna buffing them, but it spawns one more wave of mobs than expected when it hits low health. Right in the part of the room where Yuuna is. Eiji freezes up again, begs the Furrinkazan guys to save Yuuna, but they refuse because they don't dare break off from the field boss or it'll start wiping everyone else. Yuuna uses her skill to draw the new wave of mobs down on herself to buy time for the party to finish off the field boss, and is killed while the party finishes off the boss and Eiji is frozen.

But would it be Reconstructed Yuna from project OS succeeding or would it be idol Yuna but somehow able to possess True Yuna's memories from a partial reconstruction? would they figure out a way to disconnect her from the final boss before they kill it like how they saved Strea?

It doesn't draw aggro from everything. Yuuna specifically sang a song that pulled aggro.

After the Alicization game saves Eugeo we'll get our chance to save Yuna too.

Saber a cute.

Delete!

Save it for when the anime airs. Saber shitposting will be in abundance.

If we want to go full fanservice then it would be Idol Yuna with a partial reconstruction of the original's memories that can also sometimes turn her look back into the original SAO Yuna for the people who prefer that design.

I approve of this idea.

Darkness without boob armour?

Just finished Accel World VS Sword Art Online. Surpringly short and unsurprisingly dumb.
Summary for those that dont know
>Yui alive for 1000 years
>gets fucking depressed because everyones dead and gone except Strea
>they were building kiritos VR paradise
>they kinda accidentally created Chrome Disaster
>Yui literally wants to kill herself but AI restrictions dont allow it
>dons the identity Persona Vabel
>travels back in time
>virtual time
>this creates a distortion in Brain Burst
>Kuroyukihime and Crow go through distortion
>theyre separated, KYH barely believes Vabels request to 'protect' her
>Vabel abducts Yui from Kirito and Asuna
>KYH tasked with stopping Kirito and Asuna
>KYH realizes she fucked up, opts to help Kirito
>spend majority of the game gathering all of the SAO and NegaNebulous gang, misunderstandings and friendship ensue
>fight ghost data copied from BB of the 7 kings that Vabel brought with her inbetween because we need bosses
>and because apparently Incarnate abilities are the only way to make an admin console delete Yui
>Vabel actually deletes Yui
>Future Strea (who had appeared once early on but said nothing of value) appears through Strea and KYH
>tells them they can accelerate to the virtual future to take future Yui back to the past, and fix everything
>"future strea how are you here and why do you inhabit Strea and KYH?"
>"because we have similar souls"
>TN note: Soul means Seiyuu
>they accelerate to the virtual future
>Vabel reveals who she is
>"im going to kill you so i can die"
>final battle
>somehow merge past Yui and Vabel
>this results in Yui getting a memory wipe
>back to the past
>everyone says their arigatous and splits up
>just another day in SAO gameverse
It was okay i guess.

>Surpringly short
Didn't expect it to be so short either. The plot (though dumb) was interesting enough

The fuck is this convoluted bullshit?
Sounds fun though
Persona Vabel needs to get in daddy's harem

>"future strea how are you here and why do you inhabit Strea and KYH?"
>"because we have similar souls"
What did they mean by this?

Hence the
>TN note: Soul means Seiyuu
part.

Don't look too hard for plot that makes actual sense in any of the SAO games.

I liked the fact that the story actually added something to Yui's character, kind of a shame that the events of AWvsSAO are non canon but that's the nature of crossovers.

>>they kinda accidentally created Chrome Disaster

Holy shit what the fuck?

>Don't look too hard for plot that makes actual sense in any of the SAO games.
HF and HR had a pretty sold story
LS really dropped the ball

I don't know where user got that from, she just unsealed it and made it her bitch, its creation story is still the same since its literally summed up in the chapter intro cutscenes

Honestly i didnt dislike the plot, it was just extremely rushed. And having run through it in maybe 30 hours relative to LSs fifty didnt help that.
Kawahara wrote it so convoluted is to be expected. And it isnt really a bad game, just short and unpolished. Skill connect can be easily abused, but ive had instances of getting OHKOd from enemies lower than my level too.
This was nice, even if Kawahara took the edgy way out. Always wondered when shed fight, and then it turns out you get Vabel as a part member postgame.
It was one of the experiments to transfer emotions into the virtual world Yui and Strea were working on in the future. Future Stera even said at one point they thought they sealed it for good but it was just too stronk. Vabel used it to her advantage in creating a raging negative beast to do her bidding.
Genuinely enjoyed LS. Not a spectacular game, but good enough that it never felt like a chore.

>unsealed it and made it her bitch
Is Yui a secret dom?

Strea and KYH are both great

IIRC they simply used the Disaster as part of those experiments. they didn't create it. Because the intro to each of the game's chapters is a literal retelling of Chrome Falcon and Saffron Blossom's story

>you get Vabel as a part member postgame
Wait I was under the impression she was DLC.

Oh i see. My AW knowledge isnt as up to date as my SAO knowledge, that i have much of that either. Still, they way it was told from Strea and Yuis POV made it seem like they had a hand in it.
Ah yes thats correct. I had all of it already, so it didnt cross my mind to disclose.

Strea is a bad influence
I blame her for Yui's misconduct

Ah I see. If you've got all the DLC already then what's your opinion on the Cast Away From Another World DLC? It costs around 30 Australian dollars here so I'm wondering if it's worth the price.

Wonder if ill ever get around to playing HF. But i still need to finish the last DLC of HR, and Fatal Bullet will be here at the end of the week...

AW vs. SAO may have been rushed, but I still say its all worth it for the nonstop Snow Black bullying

I went in order So I have HF and HR done

Oh yes. KYH bully was always nice.

Sucks to suck black king

Wait, you played HR without playing HF first? Weren't you confused by characters from the previous games and stuff while playing since it's the third game?

Sadly i only just neat the game last night. Was doing a few Side Episodes until just a little while ago. To my knowledge, it just adds a dungeon with infinite floors, as well as Alice, Eugeo, and some other characters.
Ehhhh i dont have this one. Whos affevtion do i need to raise?
>no Argo affection scene
Aaaaaaaaaa
I got HF back when it hit the Vita, but i couldnt suffer through the poor translation. I have the PS4 port from preordering HR, im just unsure if ill be able to handle its differences after HR.
Not entirely, i had a general grasp of Philia and Strea. I had played LS as well, so that helped a bit.

RE:HF is the games most complete form and the beginning of the Gameverse canon(It changes some story elements around so it renders Infinity Moment/Original HF obsolete) I'd definitely Play it just for Philia, Strea. and the Hollow Area is fun. Fuck that final area boss though

Meh, not that user, but i'm at floor 81 and the game is always about doing the same fetch quests or slaying a certain number of monsters, finding the boss room and just kill it by spamming burst attacks. The only reason i would pick it up is for the story of the gameverse like you said.

>Alice, Eugeo, and some other characters.
Oh I need the context behind somehow getting those two into ALO.

Hopefully ill do it sooner rather than later, but the next month or so will be spent with Fatal Bullet. Mayne after that, because i cant even think of any games coming out for the rest of the year.
Still havent done them yet, i think i only have Eugeos side episode available right now. Just kinda annoyed they didnt explain how Sachi got in.

Where did the anime stopped animating?

After mother rosario or Early and Late ?

The same way the Burst Linkers did:

VR Magic

Remember that this is the game about a time traveling AI trying to kill herself as a kid

Still makes more sense than Alice and Eugeo in HR.

Gamevserse OVAs when?

End of MR, Ordinal Scale was original story that takes place before Alicization

For those who were interested in what the Beaters event was like.

geekculture.co/logging-into-sword-art-online-beaters-event-tokyo-2018/

They really didn't animate Early and late?

I somehow remember watching something about excalibur.

When A-1 finish the main series I wouldn't mind seeing Hollow Fragment as a movie or something.

Although Lisbeth end in HF never carried over to the squeals it was my favorite ending Lisbeth really deserves happiness

Well A1 did say they plan to adapt EVERYTHING SAO as long as Reki keeps making content for them and he did help write the Gameverse plots so who knows

Iirc, it was only one chant that draws aggro, not necessarily all of them.

I really want it.

That looks like a lot of fun!

Who hype here?

Early and late is just a bunch of side-stories. 2 were animated (one in each season) and one was left over.

It's so close I can almost taste it.

Hollow Fragment and Lost Song are kinda meh when it comes to story. But the gameverse waifus are worth it. Hollow Realization on the other hand would have 2 cute new waifus and the story is also pretty good.

Asuna looks pretty good in GGO.

Does anyone one know how long the average playtime for Fatal Bullet is?

Well if they give it the Same treatment as the last game gets you can expect around 40 hours for the main story and another 20 - 30 for the DLC's. I grinded my character out to level 999 and it took me around 200 hours so you get something for your money.

Early and Late is three short stories. First Day, A Murder in the Safe Zone, and Calibur. The first was skipped, the second was adapted by the first series, and the third was adapted by the second series.

Gameverse Lisbeths Thirst is unquenchable

I doubt Kirito can go back in the past.
Yet

If your best girl isnt Yuuki, Sinon, or Lis, theres a problem. The three of them are too precious to pass up.
I went fullgoy and preordered the LE with overnight shipping. This and Yakuza 6 are my game highlights of the year. Does anything else even come out worth giving a damn?
Well theres the donut steel OC story, a Phantom Bullet adaption, and them whatever side content they decide to drop. Id guess 50 minimum.

Sounds fair. Hopefully there are just as many side events as the previous games.

Yuuki was saved by retcon to a less severe illness, and I assume if they did keep Yuna it would be her AI self either as partially complete idol Yuna or a complete reconstruction like her father wanted

It wasnt so much a retcon as it was they just decided to write that shes getting better. Pretty sure its still super aids in the gameverse.

Would still fuck

Yuuki is still the best there is but Premiere and Tia really grew on me in the last game.

I wouldn't really call it a retcon as it's a different continuity and the events that lead to it are logical.
You could just put her illness up to whims of fate ( and of her immunity system).

Because he is better character than Kirito and they need to upgrade Kirito's coolness with dual wield again somehow

I NEED it. Yuuki is a miracle and she didnt deserve the aids. I want her to get better like its implied she does in AWvsSAO because she deserves love.
Premiere = MAMORU. Shes perfect daughter material and im glad shes back in FB. And if Tia is anything to go by, shes gonna fill out real good.
Tia being going full hazukashii when told good job was pretty warming.

The Twin Goddesses deserve worship and love. Stil salty Tia isn't in Fatal Bullet. I hope at least Premiere will let us know what's happening with Tia in Sword Art: Origin.

In HR her condition is stable with the possibility of improving it would be cool if in FB implications of a cure breakthrough would be a god send
then she can chill IRL with everyone in OS game

in AWvsSAO, Ardor Maiden details a person in the hospital she visted he brother at that was under previously meducuboid treatment, but due to the discovery of a new drug compound, her condition improved so much so that she could freely walk around the hospital at least. There was no naming, but its pretty clear it was Yuuki. If FB goes that far ill buy every SAO game until i die.
>OS game
I remember saying in a thread months ago that i wanted an Yakuza style beat em up Ordinal Scale game. Shit would be fun as hell.

Strea being a bad influence is part of her charm.