What's happened to anime Sup Forums?

Every season it seems to be getting shitter and shitter.

> Generic self-insert SAO rip off ()
> monotonous slice of life ()
> Harem anime with as much substance as meat in a McDonald's burger ()
> Japanese government funded propaganda ()
> Another disappointing Trigger anime ()
> uninspired fujoshi bait ()

While we were gifted devilman crybaby ( still a divisive topic even today) is there a single show that rises above mediocrity this season?

Last season we had some of the best shows I've seen in a decade (you posted one), why you gotta be a wet blanket all the time?

People have been making this post since the dawn of time. I should know. I've been here about that long

>what is Devilman Crybaby
Netflix will save the anime from the censure, moeshit, and gaybait for money that is currently killing the Japanese based anime industry

I feel like we've gotten a couple this year that are a step up from the norm, like Kokkoku and possibly Last Encore if you're a Fate fan, as well as continuations of other good shows like Mahoutsukai and Yowamushi Pedal. If anything it's been getting easier and easier to sift through the trashy shows at the beginning of the season, but I don't think the number of good shows per season has dropped dramatically.

devilman crybaby was one of the worst anime in recent years to anyone who isn't an old fan or edgelord

Get better taste.

I agree. We're also getting more and more 3DCG trash like OP pic related.

More people get into watching anime and studios want to cash out spurting as many shows as posible, without caring too much about the quality, and pander to the groups that give'em the money, aka hardcore fujos, and normie streamfags.

idk why are you asking me?

Violet Evergarden.

Nobody was talking to you, fuck off.

>>forgets fujoshi

....okay

I believe he was talking to me,not (you).

Forgive me!

Your webm is from an anime that aired last season, newshit.

>he says while posting a houseki no tumblr webm
they new anime are not shitty It's just your shit taste

Hey OP we are getting bad anime cayse of ppl with shit taste like this fag right here

>> Generic self-insert SAO rip off () > monotonous slice of life () > Harem anime with as much substance as meat in a McDonald's burger ()> Japanese government funded propaganda ()
It's always been like this.
Are you 12?

Phos a cute

>using gift as a verb
Get the fuck out and stay out.

user isn't watching ANTARTICA the anime?

>you posted one
This

I unironically feel quality has been picking up lately (or perhaps not quality but enjoyment).

This, the whole "pretending everything is shit all the time" shtick on this site used to be funny but I think I've grown out of it.

>What's happened to anime Sup Forums?
You don't watch anime and you don't like anime and don't even know what's going on with it. This is the case for >90% in the "anime community."

watch aots

*AOTY

Last season:
Girls Last Tour,Land of the Lustrous,Inuyashiki, New Garo
This Season:
Yuru Camp,Antarctica, Devilman, Darlifra,Violet,After the Rain,CCS,Fate Cooking,HakuMiko,Kokkou,Junichi
Ito,Citrus,Loli Shogi
Next Season:
Golden Kamuy, Ashita no Joe sequel, Bones original
Anime is in golden period again dude. Watch them instead of shitposting.

>being ESL-kun
>having good taste
Pick one, Pedro.

Honestly I feel the opposite. There's more anime coming out now than there ever has been. Most seasons have something for just about anyone anymore. I'm currently watching 9 shows that are currently airing., if time permitted I'd probably pickup like 3-4 more.

What year do you guys think is the worst for anime?

shuumatso/girls last tour was pretty based.
the rakugo anime was also pretty cultured.

this season has... yuru camp which is pretty comfy and "educational". and.... saiki is nice i guess. but yeah. this season is pretty weak.

hakara tonkotsu ramens is okay and Hakumei to Mikochi is good.

this season is the season of advertisement and 12 year olds for the most part

devil man cry baby also had a goal and accomplished it's goal EXTREMELY well. personally i don't really enjoy the source material/plot but damn. they did a good job adapting it.

This season is definitely better than some of the previous ones.

God I wish I could carry a gem

But Sup Forums is one person, it's all me.

Nothing, i keep watching and enjoying most of seasonal anime since 2006.

>Every season it seems to be getting shitter and shitter.
Not anime it's the viewers.

>Dissapointing trigger anime
Speak for yourself
>monotonous slice of life
Which is this? If you talking about Sora Yori then you're just plain retarded.

And then we have the best anime of the season, unrivaled on the fact that noone picked it up for some fucking reason, the true king of comedy (fuck gintama), Saiki Kusuo no Psi-Nan 2. If you don't think this is a masterpiece of anime, then you should probably just end your life.

Stop watching anime and fuck off then. No one cares about you.

This is the best season in years

The only good shows you posted were land of the lustrous, girls last tour and devilman

Even a fairly worn out trope can still result in a great anime if it's used properly. It all depends on the execution, you can start with the best possible premise and still fuck it up and you can also start with a shit one and surprise everyone by making it actually enjoyable to watch.

Watch out everyone internet badass over here.

You genuinely liked Darrling? It's not a bad show when all things are considered. But it's just rehashing overused narratives and badly at that.
Most episodes turn into team is losing we need the virgin and his bitch to save the day. Granted there been some character development between the main mc and his old partner but that's it.

All the other characters apart from this trio are window dressing.
It's a very forgettable show and I feel the only thing holding trigger back are these scripts.

>citrus
>good

>HnK fan talking shit
heh

The advertisements are good this season though, Sanrio Danshi is interesting and Toji no Miko is great.

>english titles
wew

It's a season 2 so I didn't pick it up.

>Watching Seasonal shit instead of old school gems from 2005-09

I prefer watching 2017 gems.

>cgishit
>gem

houseki no kuni is 3DCG shit

The show is about gems, my friend.

At least know what the fuck you are trolling.

No clue what you're talking about, this season is great. Sounds to me you have just outgrown anime.

The cgi is actually good though and allows for shots and scenes that would not be done due to budget to work and happen. It had a unique style to boot unlike most seasonal trash. Only people who say it's cgitrash are those who have not seen it.

I wish that were me...

>trolling

There's usually at least one or two things a season that I have fun watching and that's good enough for me, even if it's dumb shit like PTE

Netflix will make more live action adaptations with based niggers until they give up and fuck off from anime like every other media mogul that tried to get rich on anime fads.

I saw it, it was okay. Didn't bother finishing it because it was ugly and I didn't love any of the characters, but the Lunarians were cool and the CGI gave them an eerie feeling that 2D couldn't.

bad taster

what I'd give to become the sensei only to headpat all the cute gems(male)

>> Japanese government funded propaganda ()
which one is this one this season? i've enjoyed previous iterations

You said this every season. At least remove the haremshit part, they are dead at this point.