The moment when you realized a series wasn't worth taking even the slightest bit seriously

The moment when you realized a series wasn't worth taking even the slightest bit seriously

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4gTOImLRJnA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

This shot always reminds me of that papa roach AMV
At the time I had no idea about Dragon Ball Z since only DB was running on TV and I got so hyped up for this.

Funny because Toriyama wanted to end the manga after Namek. Everything after that was written week by week because his editors threatened him.

>Funny because Toriyama wanted to end the manga after Namek.

Stop spreading this baseless rumor.

If it took you this long to realize this then I don't have the words for just how slow you are.

About the time Gohan went monkey.

So literally the first episode I watched.

I honestly thought this was an edgy show back then.

Androids saga and the build up to Cell were the two last good arcs.

are you kidding me? pic related was fucking hype! this tv tropes generation is the worst.

Just here for the memes.

dragon ball should have ended when roshi destroyed the moon

No he wanted to continue, but with A-20 and A-19 being main villains. I still want to know what they would have done without Tori's Editor bitching at him to change villains

it's anime. it's all retarded

the introduction with trunks takes such a savage dump on the past several years of dragon ball that the only real explanations are him being forced to make shit up as he goes along due to being pressured to make more, or that he just somehow got brain damage

>Toriyama wanted to end the manga after Namek! Everything after that was written week by week because his editors threatened him.
Wow! You would think he calls the police after being threatened every week for the last 30 years now

I realized Dragon Ball wasn't taking itself seriously since the first episode. And I mean the REAL first episode, when Goku was as kid and met Bulma.

It was a gag manga that became more serious that it really was. I mean that character is called TRUNKS in a series where characters are named after underwear and food, holy shit.

>taking anime seriously in the first place
thats your problem

I've always wanted to know that. English is not my first language, so I'm okay with the name "Trunks", but how is it for you americans reading that name? It must be pretty stupid.
>Hey, Shorts, help your sister, Soutien!

I'm pretty sure Toryama's always wanted to end the Dragonball series.

It took you that long to quit taking Dragon Ball seriously?

The police are threatening him too, japanese police are notorious gokufags.

Something something yakuza.

Dragon Ball never took itself seriously.

I thought it was a good fakeout honestly.
>oh man, frieza ain't dead, shits gonna hit the the fa-
>DID THAT DUDE JUST ONE SHOT MOTHERFUCKING ROBOFRIEZA

Is that i thought. Was a good way to introduce trunks, but he turned out to be a literal nobody like every other side charcter. Oh wait, you're talking about how a normal sword was able to cut through freezepop. Yeah, that was dumb.

why would you take a gag manga seriously?

The introduction of the top left hand corner and every fight would have looked like this:
youtube.com/watch?v=4gTOImLRJnA
Because SSJ and massive ki attacks would have empowered their enemies and weakened them.

no one really says trunks anymore

>implying this scene didn't do the opposite

>Everything after that was written week by week because his editors threatened him.
More like fucking all of Dragon Ball was written week by the week. Toriyama has admitted many times already that he was LITERALLY making up shit as the manga went. Toriyama has and will always be a lazy fuck who did all the shit he did in a way that allowed him to be as lazy as possible, like, you know, how he made-up Super Saiyan blonde so that he would have to ink less every week.

It baffles me that people hold Dragon Ball writing to such high standard and examination after the statements made by that made so many times. He even has to be reminded of shit he has written before. Do you people also think he spent 1 month 24/7 writing Super? He made some scribbles on a napkin and let Toei and Toyotaro do the rest. Because he's a lazy fuck. A massively rich lazy fuck at that too so he has three times as many reasons to be lazy.

You people who keep watching and reading Dragon Ball expecting an epic are nuts. Learn to enjoy things for what they are instead of what you hope and want them to be.

it took me probably too long

Why couldn't we have this Gohan?

>Toriyama wanted to end the manga after Namek
Why do people still spread this rumuor? We have Kanznehsuu now, they did research, they have a fucking Intended Endings guide

jesus, people watch this?

It's all his hair's fault. He kinda looks like this in Resurrection of F because he has short hair.

How did it end up like this?

Right Gohan was pretty nice.

He wanted to stop then they asked him to do more he then wanted to make the androids the main villains including 16,17,18 but publishers wanted something stronger therefore cell was created

weird how Freeza was basically the Yamcha of villains.

Threatening him with ways for him to make more money instead of allowing him to suppress his genius idea and potential. HOW HORRIFYING !

This is a meaningless point considering Dragon Ball as a series was supposed to end after they summoned the dragon for the first time.

Who the fuck was taking Dragon Ball seriously? It's creator doesn't even take it seriously

Ah, so you're a Z-OnlyBaby

>take any show ever seriously
theyre just to enjoy in free time and kill time, man

hohoho, you'd be surprised
Once it gave numbers to power levels, people started taking it dead serious.