Tokyo Ghoul Re:161 Discussion thread

Kaneki is not dead, whatever happened to Uta is going to happen to Kaneki. Uta's kagune holes are reminiscent of Dragon's without the eyes. The shape of the holes are also identical to Kaneki's.

Also, one detail that everyone seemed to miss is that Rize has literal gills in the last page.

Other urls found in this thread:

linkspooky.tumblr.com/post/171062541435/mother-of-monsters
i.imgur.com/1n80E58.png
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

2nd for

Based kaneko returns

I don't understand what is going on.

Explain to me the message that this manga is trying to convey.

When Eto called him Kakuja's egg, all along she meant he was going to be a literal egg for someone. The entire set up of him eating a part of her was a fluke to bait him in and go ahead with the plan. Only Furuta and Kanou knew the real plan all along, Arima and Eto just had an ambiguous idea and presumed things were going to get to this conclusion.

1. Recreate an event by using a descendant of those ghouls who are capable of it.
1. Farm an entire group of one eyed ghouls with that ghoul's organs to see who's stable enough to grow in RC cells to unfathomable levels.
2. Feed that Ghoul the rest of her pieces.
3. Since Kagune manifests imagination, you somehow roll the dice the victim thinks about her + something something her actually being real inside of him because Kagunes have souls or some shit.
4. Witness the Dragon massive Kakuja turning ghouls into humans and humans into ghouls because Kagune magic.
5. In the chaos, bring up the birthed city buster tier creature and force all of humanity and ghoulkind to unite against it.

Never go on dates.

Just bee yourself

looks like it's time for a burning party.

Let Cuckneki RIP.

He ruined his character enough.

If Kaneki dies right now, Black Reaper was truly the most strangest and bizarre pointless moment in the manga. All that hype for a nameless King will also be pointless.

this shit is so horrible
who the fuck cares about rize
just show Kaneki being edgy one last time and dying and wrap it up Ishida

can we stop pretending to hate Ishida after this week's chapter?

Most of us agree the manga has been dead for almost 2 years now. This chapter was so out there and so bizarre - I'm actually interested in how things are going. It feels very TG'ish if that makes any sense, due to how ambiguously things have been revealed.

Can anyone fucking explain where the fuck is this Size and who created it?

let's be honest user, this arc wasn't perfect, but it had some pretty good chapters, :re is honestly improving a lot

>Hide's return was done pretty well and his deformed face thing was unexpectedly gruesome (i had no hopes that ishida would ever touch the fujobait characters)

>Kaneki got slapped around like the bitch he really is and i seriously hope it's the last time it ever happens

>Furata's memery to the max

Things look a lot brighter for this manga after this week's chapter, i tought we were done with TG but Ishida somehow managed to keep it going in an interesting way

Hide's expressions seem to tell he's pondering something and realised he was played. If he's really the witch's servant then there's no telling what he knows.

Kanou's little apprentice seems to know what's going on and is going along Kanou and Furuta's plan.

Who's the guy on the left?

That's Uta when he was fighting Suzuya. He transformed Shinohara.

>Furata's memery to the max
Furuta is largely responsible for the downfall of this manga.

I hope their happy in dreamworld.

>4. Witness the Dragon massive Kakuja turning ghouls into humans

Why do you think that? (Otherwise great post V-kun)

Because we saw people turning into ghouls this chapter. The guy in the bed was the same person who was in bed with his female partner when Dragon attacked. We also see a two-eyed ghoul look into a mirror and ask what are these eyes. Also, a ghoul feasting on someone was vomiting in this chapter.

Your friend.

Damn, I didn't even notice, fucking shame on me. I was so disappointed by everything else thus far I literally turned into a speed-reader with this chapter.

So if everything goes according to Furuta's plan he ends up being the good guy and Kaneki as a mere tool that was even set up by Arima and Eto. What a fag.

RIZE IS BACK BOYSSSSSSSSSSS

Furuta and Touka too, but mostly it was Not-Haise-anymore Kaneki who shat the fan the hardest.

Are those people turning into ghouls? Damn. I think i'm finally getting what Furuta's real plan is.

Turn Everyone into Ghouls and let them starved to death.

No one gives a shit, now let the thread die.

Let's discuss Fururta.

>Selfish to the last
Apparently Furuta didn't really care super peace like Dr Kanou , he was in for his own gain and the lols.

Rize was like Yoshimura brainddead so Furuta had to find a way to bring her back. The Nucleus inside Furuta might have been a part of Rize's old body.

>Kanou's little apprentice seems to know what's going on and is going along Kanou and Furuta's plan.

This fucking whore. Turning everyone into a ghoul just to be able to suck ghoul dick without being judged.

People always shit on Furuta ruining :Re (Which isn't true) , but they forget to credit him for the most exiting plotlines of the series.

The party is back!

It falls in line with her speech about Humans are the cause of all the problems. She was also in it to ghoulify everyone.

what a great chapter, had me on edge! that cliff hanger though! goddamn Furuta truly is /ourguy/

I like how Furuta's left eye hasn't healed (Human eye). This might symbolise how he lost his humanity.

Anyone have the compilation of posts when that user was insisting Kaneki's dick was actually his neck?

Ishidaaaaaa!

I first thought it was Furuta laying in bed depressed

>STILL reading this piece of SHIT written by the biggest HACK in the industry
uhhhh lads?

>I don't like something so you guys shouldn't either!

Are you looking forward for the anime in April?

Nah, I get what he means, it's Ishida's fault people lost faith justifiably.

The thread is ok, calm down. Ishida fucked up since December 2015 so none of us may have noticed at first (me neither) but this chapter was actually good (doesn't make up for previous shit though) and Vancouvers analysis above is alright. Ishida needed a last boss for his badly-executed story. Presenting us a new person (or even the V motherfucker Kaiko) would have been extremely hacky, we all know that V are fodder and Furuta is a failed meme f a character, so he recycled the tulpa inside Kaneki's head and her flesh inside the oggai into the final non-meme enemy people have to overcome to break the birdcage. I could be over really fast now or Ishida milks it into a third part.

I don't look forward to it, but will still watch it to see what they're gonna do with the fucked up plotline of root A.

FUCK OFF MEME CLOWN

read the image title, notice the marked area - it's the same shit Ishida included in his "Femtoneki" drawings

So what makes you think ghouls are turning human?

Yes I know about the guy vomiting in one panel, but are we sure that wasn't a human that was eating something at the time and changed?

Furuta wanted "Super Peace" and Dragons parasites turning everyone into Ghouls makes more sense than flipping everyone to their opposite species.

BURNING!

her kakugan lines also look like Rio's

I'm too retarded for this fucking manga. Fuck

linkspooky.tumblr.com/post/171062541435/mother-of-monsters

so was it rize really talking to ken? or his tulip ? if she's dragon and he was part of it then they were connected right then we could assume it could bee either

Someone please. I don't remember what happened to Uta. Please tell me he's still alive.

Last thing we saw of him is him and Itori just telling everyone they will keep clowning arround.

Interresting read.

So tokyo ghoul is the story of how everyone just ignores or underestimates Furuta and that they overestimate Kaneki (Including himself)

Furuta puts shit in motion and Kaneki is nothing more than the guy who was in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Probably a bit of both. Because he had her as a tulpa, he thought of her in the first place. And you can only revive who you think about I guess. Also you may need to have internalised that person for a revival. And RC cells may be sentient and have your memories stored (think Arata armour).

>Furuta puts shit in motion and Kaneki is nothing more than the guy who was in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Like Kaneki said he was at the beginning of TG.

Also I stumbled upon something:

i.imgur.com/1n80E58.png

The pic may come true with Black-Goat-Rize as Dragon, V as the magicians, Marude possibly as the veteran officer, Furuta or Kaiko possibly as the brutal serial killer (since I suppose they are the head of what's happening) and GOAT all as the rebel army. But I'm unsure about the "couple who confirmed their mutual love by way of an illness", maybe that still has to happen between Touka and Kaneki, maybe it's about Nishio's girlfriend (Kanou's assistant) who presumably knew how the "spores" (the illness) would turn humans into ghouls...
(I also wonder how/if Hide's reveal as the "witch's servant" will turn out. [Maybe he is Itori's boy])

No matter what happens Furuta will get off free again i think.

If V becomes the main enemy they main characters will focus on them while Furuta keeps scheming in the shadows (With the clowns maybe). This cycle will continue untill either Furuta completely succeeds or the main characters fight the root of all the problems.

>No matter what happens Furuta will get off free again i think.
>main characters fight the root of all the problems

So you don't think they'll succeed?

Depends on if they get theirs heads out of their asses and actually focus on taking down Furuta.

What killed the hype?

Touka , Mutsuki , Hide

Rue island operation and beyond.

Came here for just this answer, chapter confused the fuck out of me.

But the guy vomiting wasn't the same person shown eating the corpse, so I still don't see the whole Ghoul to human angle yet.

Bad execution regarding Eto's death, Arima's retcon, the Aogiri island assault, Mutsuki's problems, Touka's personality, Furuta's character as well as the psychological "stagnation" of various characters (Amon, Mado, Kaneki).

I guess Kaneki will manage to swim to the other side and rise from the dead, noticing that he didn't eat Hide after all, maybe talk with Uta and then do something of use for once.

Nothing. If anything, shoenenbattlefags are just salty about where’s mah punches and kicks epic fights

>Nothing. If anything, shoenenbattlefags are just salty about where’s mah punches and kicks epic fights

Bullshit. What was missing mostly were the internal conflicts and thoughts of the MC that the author failed to portrait after Haise regained his memories. Now that it's ending and the threads are resolving, I see what Ishida was trying to do in :re, but he did a fucking bad job compared to TG, there's no denying.

Kaneki blanco vs Rize blanco soon?

>blanco
The fuck?

What was missing that wasn’t already apparent? Did you need it spelled out more than once that kaneki is selfish and doesn’t want to bear the weight of consequences for his choices?

>I see what Ishida was trying to do in :re, but he did a fucking bad job compared to TG, there's no denying.
It still doesn’t feel like Ishida was heading in this direction in part 1 and early :re. Do you think there was a rewrite at some point?

I envy you.

They're referencing the Shitty fanfic that is Dragon Ball Super...where each week seems to introduce a new Saiyan hair color...

Why do I have the feeling this is going to end in the most bullshit shounen way possible?

Many plot points are foreshadowed early in TG, such as kaneki forced into a leading role and just doing what people around him said.

So why go to all the trouble of cloning Rize when he already has one floating in a jar at home? She was never confirmed dead was she?

Because you are retarded.

Kaneki using the power of friendship to power up and beat up furuta, then ghouls get their own city and everyone lives happily ever after?

So Ishida always had these ideas he just executed them poorly.

>Did you need it spelled out more than once

I didn't need a drawn out Rue island operation, I didn't need all this useless Mutsuki portrayal, I didn't need countless scenes of Touka being saved, I didn't need Arima and Arata being retconned into good guy and bad guy, I didn't need established characters being forgotten and wasted (Amon, Banjou), I didn't need "AND TO REPEAT MYSELF", I didn't need a meme character, I didn't need badly fleshed out characters like Shinsenpai Aura, Higemaru and Hot chinese girl - but I got all of that. Ishida focused on the wrong things and had a cast way too large for him to handle.

I do. Everything that happened after chapter 57 was especially atrocious.

Actually something far worse. Rize becomes innestable or some shit, Furuta fuses with her and they become a huge blob monster that stomps everyone's greatest effort, so they all give Kaneki their energy from wishing or some shit and he defeats the threat with a devastating blow and screaming something along the lines of ''we have friendship!".
After that there's the cliché happily ever after ending of course, ending with Kaneki's son symbolising a new hope for the next generation.

It's an excuse for a massive power-up. Incoming Rize, final boss-mode.

This.

>tfw there are still people who come to Sup Forums only for the TG threads

There's a good amount of foreshadowing, hell this chapters reveal of human's transforming was foreshadowed back when Ayato went underground and found Naga.

Remember all this black goats egg shit, all of K's mama problems. The big boss probably was planned by Ishida to be female all along.

Nigger, I just don't watch DBS. I visit Sup Forums for TG, Berserk and lately DITF (the one anime I watch this season), as well as to get info on new shows/manga and general catalogue browsing (3x3...) out of laziness. HxH, SNK, OP and Jojo I currently paused, therefore I don't visit their threads. /blog

I'd rather shame someone for watching Super than coming here solely for manga.

This meme has been a thing for months now and has appeared in many non DBS related threads as well.

Did something happen to his face? He should've been able to heal anything Kaneki did to him.

He might still be healing, his entire upper body was taken off if I remember correctly.

god I want to kill ishida

But only after partying with him in vancouver

what the fuck would he be doing in hongcouver

Burning

failed

OTP

Is there anyone who can beat Kaneki Ken?

Ishida

nu Rize

Rize save this garbage pleaseeee

The series died in chapter 58 exactly. No one in the world can refute this.

I haven't read this in months, I thought the meme clown was fucking dead when Kaneki became that huge Dragon thing. Is everyone fucking immortal now?

People can revive now

I haven't read this in almost two years and after seeing where it's gone I'm glad I stopped. I love me some suffering, but, you can only work your protagonist into so many ridiculous tragic plots and conspiracies before I just stop giving a shit.