Yona of the Dawn

Should I watch this show?
Looks like just another shoujo desu
But the manga is in like the top 30 on MAL list I checked and the anime is rated pretty high. What makes it special?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Mqf3PuDJXZc
youtube.com/watch?v=OEw5NyEFiBw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

The fact that neither side wants to hurt the other, very tragic. They acknowledge that the previous king was a pretty bad ruler and the usurper is doing a better job running the country, so the main cast just goes around fixing people’s problems.

Yeah, it's pretty good. It baffles me why Sup Forums doesn't ever mention it.
I guess that the whole story of the sweet princes getting her shit together and having no real villains and only characters that do what they have to do is the appeal.

The story is fucking amazing. I honestly think it got snubbed because it has "shoujo" tag on it, when it has none of the generic shoujo elements that bring down a show.
The beginning can be a bit slow since most of the main cast isn't introduced for a while but it's still a really good watch/read

A solid 9/10, got ignored because female protagonists by all the virgins on Sup Forums and /r/anime
Try watching it for yourself, the plot kicks in hard from episode 1

>Zeno backstory

I liked it and the MC is voiced by Chiwa. The only bad part is she gets "character development."

If you haven't seen Arslan Senki I'd go with that instead, similar premise of a cast out royal with a spear wielding body guard trying to get back at their cousin

That shit made me actually cry

Really? I thought her character development is one of the best parts of the series?

Yes. It's very good, plus the love interest of the heroine is great and a breath of fresh compared to other shoujo love interests.

It almost made me drop the anime.

It is shoujo and also reverse harem. However it has a good story. MC is whiny and unlikeable at first but eventually becomes best girl. Also Su Won did nothing wrong. Multiple best boy contestants. Yun, Jae Ha, Su Won, Zeno. Like damn they're all perfect. And read the fucking manga.
Arslan is great. I don't want to read the old one because I don't want to get spoilered for Arakawa's version. Well, I mean I already have been, but anyway.

What did you not like about it specifically?

naw man, Hak is the only best boy in my heart

If you're really not getting it, "character development" as in her cutting her hair.

>MC is whiny and unlikeable at first
Her father was murdered right in front of her by her first love.

Not the same dude, but this is one of the only moments where that shit actually makes some sense

>Doesn't list Tae Jun

I just realized I never watched the OVAs

Don't watch them if you ever plan to read the manga, which is good btw, the 2nd and 3rd ones spoiling something that's a big reveal later on

>Tae Jun
His character is so great these days.

it's suprisingly good

>taking MAL rating seriously
stay there

It's pretty good, although some of the reverse harem antics, while rare, can get annoying at times

its an ok and comforting historicalnime. if you dream of being a princess and being flirted by 7 studs or if youre into ancinet korean stuff then the show is perfectly for you. if you are into strategies and more brutal warfare then altair and arslan might suit you better

yona: fictitious korea
altair : fictitious turk
alslern: fictitious persia
LOGH: universe
vinlandsaga: norse
golden kamui: inuit and early modern japanese

>But the manga is in like the top 30 on MAL list

Uh, are you alright user?

>comparing firepoor beta orbiter to the perfection that is underage pretty boy who is still young enough to sleep with Yona and gets crossdressed canonically
nah.

And her excuse for everything before he got shanked?

Are you?

She is literally a spoiled princess raised by the world's most aggressive helicopter father who shielded her from knowing about actual hardships in life, and even then her dad is shanked 20 minutes in so I actually have no idea what you're complaining about

It's no 12 Kingdoms as far as royal girls becoming badasses go, but it's an enjoyable watch. It's a reverse harem, so take into account your tolerance for cute boys (I like them so it was definitely up my alley).

Also, spoilers so not for OP to watch, but this scene was fucking awesome and really memorable to me. That music, goddamn.
youtube.com/watch?v=Mqf3PuDJXZc

>he didn't watch yona's show

japan just hated it because they thought it was too korean. It actually wasn't too bad, maybe you could complain the dragonboys look too much like a gang of male idols I guess.

also hak is best boy

I forgot how good the music was.

>japan just hated it
Huh? The manga does well in sales.

Throwing a teacup at a servant goes beyond "spoiled". Missing your dad's entire speech because you're fussing with your hair goes beyond "spoiled." She was a selfish bitch with no manners. Princesses are supposed to have manners no matter how spoiled or sheltered.
It's kind of moot because she had the shit knocked out of her and knocked it off right quick in, but anyway.
12K anime continuation never.

youtube.com/watch?v=OEw5NyEFiBw
Good stuff

It's worth watching for Chiwa alone
That me made instantly watch it

But no season 2 ever

Most things don't get S2

If you plan to read the manga afterwards. Otherwise you'll be frustrated.

It's shit.

What was zeno's backstory
I have only watched the anime
Care to explain it?

Zeno is the original yellow dragon and
is immortal, so draw your conclusions from there.

Welp thanks for finally convincing me to give it a chance Sup Forums.

Have fun, it's a great ride.

YES WATCH IT

Like others have said already, the writing is excellent. 9/10.

I fucking loved that scene. So satisfying.

Fujoshit strong

Unironically

And she still wants that guy's dick

>But the manga is in like the top 30 on MAL list

SEASON 2 WHEN

That's one of her best parts, she's incredibly conflicted about it and is kinda moving on but can't let go.
Also Su won is kinda being shipped with Lily I guess, they are spending a lot of time together recently.

It's a reverse harem whose boys have an actual backstory. Very good if you're female or gay, okay otherwise.

That moment in your image was unforgettable

Just realized I don't have a copy of the entire ost

>hurr it's so gay bro

>golden kamui: inuit

The animu was pretty good. Not a huge fan of reverse harems, but they were not too obnoxious with every single dragon. I wish it was more Yona and Hak, but we can't win them all.

I liked it

Fuck off MALnigger

damn right he is