Darling in the franxx ep 6

"You're nothing but a monster!"
This phrase tell itself to hiro or klanxx?
It's so complicated darling in the franxx...

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OtEMVJJk178&t=14m34s
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Does anyone have staff lists for the next episodes?

Talking to herself because she thought she had killed her Darling.

Please?

who said that?

Strelizia!

Nice thighs

They got the Gundam Korean aboard for this.
Think they'll ever persuade Obari to star in an episode?

They're expertly crafted.

Now that could be cool.

>Now that could be cool.
Sure would. On one hand, the guy is now full at work with the new notBuildFighters, but at the same time, his sister is really into DarliFra so... yeah.

Will Strelizia get an upgrade at some point or will more power just be unlocked as Hiro and 02's love grows?

Dr. Franx is too old school not to make a Strelitzia 2 for mid series and Strelitzia 3 for the final battle

here's your controller bro

Say something nice about Ikuno

Her freckles are cute.

Her robot is boss.

Storyboard/Episode Director: Touko Yatabe (Khara Animator/Director)
Animation Director: Satoshi Yamaguchi (Trigger Animator)

What to expect?

Shit.

this is worse than aldnoah zero desu

My controller is red, my man.

Kind of amazing how little happened in 6 episodes

Touko Yatabe is something of a newbie director/storyboarder. She worked as unit director for Dragon Dentist (and also storyboarded her segments there) and did some independent short, most notably. I expect it will be better than episode 6, but worse than episode 4. It could also happen that it'll be the best Trigger episode yet, since she's both storyboarding and directing (in episode 4 Masayuki on storyboarded) so it'll be closer in feel to one of the A-1 episodes, where the storyboarder also supervised the episode getting put togetehr.

>02 dips Hiro
No matter how much alpha posting is attempted, some things are simply and immutably correct.

Episode 5 probably won't be topped for quite a while. And unless someone like Maeda Mahiro directs/storyboards an episode, Takao Noriko's new episode will probably be the only one that comes close to how good the 5th one was.

Anyway i don't think 002 is committing completely to Hiro yet. In the end she went with Mitsuru and she seems to have a certain crush on Hiro just because of his genes.

the Shitposting was better, I'd agree.

Se Jun Kim is directing an episode too including doing some KA so that's going to be a fun episode.

We don't know what to expect. Yatabe has worked on some decent stuff so far but his only credits as the storyboarder are for one episode of Three Leaves and The Dragon Dentist.

Animation director only checks the drawings for errors so that one doesn't matter.

Expect fun. It's supposed to be a breather ep and we'll be getting a new ED apparently according to the theatrical screening talk show.

Ah, nice.
So far he only did the shot of Hiro getting "eaten" by Strelitzia from the OP and that already looks great so I'm looking forward to this.

Yatabe is a woman.

I like to think they take turns leading or at least will as Hiro's confidence grows stronger.

He's alpha, but in the sense that his wife is the only person who could pick him up and snap him like a twig.

She's super cute.

Which episode is he working on?

A lot happened given what this story and what it revolves around.

>She squeezes his hand
Pure maiden

>In the end she went with Mitsuru
She didn't actually want to cheat on Hiro with Mitsuru. But Hiro allowed her to do him, like a good little cuck, so she took the chance and did it.

Should have seen that coming with a name like Tou-ko.

Don't know. He just said he was and he's already done a cut in the OP. I think he said he started in November so might be an upcoming Episode.

Not really. Other than Hiro's relationship with 002, nothing much got established. Only teases here and there. And episode 6 drags the whole introductory arc down significantly.

Watch that scene again and actually pay attention to dialogue and expressions.

Not really, it felt like setup for the actual story
We still don't know anything about any of the characters, setting, etc.

Whatever he's working on, I expect it will have some cool action scenes.

Episode 5 was something else. Great direction and cinematography, good pacing and editing, very nice use of music. Not to mentioning the animation and backgrounds. It has it all. Great SoL episode. Honestly might be one of my favorite episodes of all time, definitely in top 15

Nope, disagree. This story largely revolves around those two as that's been stated several times. Hiro's development alongside his full acceptance of Zero Two and the changes that start to happen to the cast makes it for plenty happening. The setting is implied to learn as you go along throughout the entire series and that's perfectly fine, through Hiro's eyes and current experience, plenty has happened.

I don't think so. Those two seem like different variations of the ED theme.
Listen closely, the track at youtube.com/watch?v=OtEMVJJk178&t=14m34s has additional sound effects weaved in. Also, it drops and intensifies at 15:00, while the one in episode 4 is clearer and seems to just end there. Maybe they will be ultimately one piece in the OST, but they won't be used together in the show.
The one in the link definitely sounds like a midseason finale track.

There is also the monologue of Hiro where he himself says, in his heart, that he hoped she would refuse.

Cute.

Answer me, please.

She did it. That's all that matters.

She has a nice taste in girls.

Hiro is such a woman

Piss off.

6 episodes to go from failure at piloting, to getting dino aids, to to overcoming dino aids in order to protecc smile. Its not mile a minute, but thats pretty good movement for an opening arc.

Nope. Bullshit logic from you doesn't apply.

This is correct, and episode 6 solidified her ambivalence towards Hiro.

Is this the power of brainletism?

>Answering the kids from the Gundam SEED containment board.

Go back and stay there.

Is this the power of being retarded? "Fuck what happened in the scene, fuck how she was clearly feeling, fuck the context, she did it and thats all that matters!!!!" this is what you're showing me.

Exactly and it's sekai kei and how they've set it up, that is how it will progress. A lot happened as it's character driven.

True. Recall the cockpit scene when Hiro faints. Hiro collapses and 002 says nothing. Not an "are you ok?" or even a "get up you wuss!". She simply ignores it. And while she's struggling to fight the Klax, she once again behaves like she did not even register Hiro's apparent death. She doesn't say "you'll pay for Hiro" or anything of the sort. And her "die you monster" lines are ambiguous and can be read in any number of ways. Even afterwards, the most pressing issue on 002's mind is to increase her Klaxosaur kill count, using Hiro as her tool to build ever greater piles of dead dinos.

Go back to your isekai and haremshit.

>Being a speedwatching cuck fetishist

I want to hold Gorozzzzzz...

Nope. It doesn't need repeating how wrong you are and failure to read scenes and connect them.

She also let him ride with Ichigo. She is educating Hiro that she is only his, and he is only hers. Even if they wanted to be apart, they couldn't make it work with someone else.

Hiro somehow, without wanting it perhaps, has tested her. He himself says he wanted her to refuse

>Hiro sacrifices himself to save an other pilot who will bring happiness to 02

That's not why he did it though. Pay attention to the quick shots before Hiro makes his decision. Him having his own personal desire doesn't undermine Zero Two's feelings. It was obvious she was wanting the same thing.

>no argument
Ok.

Why is he wearing a mask inside a recording studio?

Why are you projecting? I always notice this. People always try to insult the tastes of others by bringing up things that they themselves are embarrassed of watching.

I've said it many times in other threads, people have as well. No need to bother but you're wrong that's for sure.

I think that at that time 002 also wanted to show something to Ichigo, she proved to be superb and almost selfish, certainly not in love. The situation of Hiro then is different because for him we know that at the beginning he is naive and does not know what he feels and is a crescendo up to episode 6. About 002 instead you cannot know for sure

Boys, I found out about a great combination: rum and orange juice (from blood oranges). Shit's amazing! Going to make myself another glass of this shit.

why would she do any of these things for a corpse?

If sync fails, she's killed another one. Hiro failed and she's alone and scrambling to gain footing against a ten story piledriver.

that's the point of the hallucination of her walking on: in both cases, it would destroy her to look back.

Whatever floats you boat.

Most of this board is underaged or had shit parenting. What do you expect? Like what you like and who cares what others think.

>why would she do any of these things for a corpse?
As a sign that she ever cared about Hiro as something more than a permanent stamen/tool she can use to kill klaxosaurs.

Read the rest.

>why do people mourn dead people, they're just corpses
Sasuga.

>It's supposed to be a breather ep
Is there a source for this or is it just what people assume based on how there probably won't be two big mech fights in a row? You can have an episode without mech fights that's not a breather; I definitely wouldn't call episode 5 a breather.

That was mourning though.

The theatrical screening after talk show. I was going through it and apparently they were saying its fun and has a new ED variation.

Why should I? You clearly didn't read the rest of my post either. The problem here is that Hiro was unconscious in the FranXX and 002 was still more concerned with killing the Klaxosaur (in and of itself), than avenging Hiro's apparent death.

The two can be extricated and separated, but they can also be one and the same, and 002 can both fight the Klaxosaur and give some indication that she cared about Hiro at all, in any way.

It's not like the two are mutually exclusive (either fight, or mourn Hiro). That's why I brought up trying to fight the Klax as revenge for Hiro's death. It would show she cared about him as something more than a tool for her own ends.

That's a relief. I figured the albino shota squad in the ending meant we were moving directly into a new source of drama.

The way the 6th episode happened indicates that the story will shift gears pretty drastically from this point on. I expect that the Jian bird motif was only relevant in the introductory arc, for example. They used it as a book-ending within the story too early.

>not knowing what love is
>not know what kissing is

Theirs "being test tube babies raised in a sheltered enviroment" and then theirs autism

After Hiro regained his consciousness, he looked at 02 and rambled some stupid bullshit "why do you fight? can't do it on your own, you will die!" or something along these lines.
Like nigger. She is going to die if she doesn't fight back. So you want her to just take it and die?
The dialogue in this show makes no sense.

But this is wrong and ignores the very pressing need for her to fight, she doesn't let her personal feelings get in the way of handling a life or death situation.

Hiro fainting left her a sitting duck to the Klaxxosaur, and you think she'd drop the ball completely to come running to his side? I'm surprised 02 didn't chew him out at the end for it, but then I think that's only because him fainting like that was somewhat to be expected.

I think your problem is that you want a moeblob of a love interest like Ichigo, who forgets her duty and is reduced to a quibbling pile of tears the moment Hiro appears to have died. Some weak ass heroine who's only real defined role in the series is to be reliant on the MC and hang off his every word. Utterly useless.

She doesn't believe the Klaxosaur killed him.

How can you know what those are if no one tells you?

Love is one thing, but kissing is completely a social construct.
Some cultures use it as a simple greeting, it doesn't really have to have anything to do with love and shit.

Your entire issue is because you're only looking at it at surface value though. Your entire point of view is assuming and ignoring the obvious directing of that entire scene and how it ties back to the question Hiro asked earlier in the episode and ignoring what that remark about being a monster was intended for. It was to herself for killing Hiro and her fury and rage, that is part of what Hiro also realized when he remembered those words. That is why that sequence in his dream with Zero Two exists in the first place other wise it would just be at the same plantation transport. Her fury was intended for both but ultimately also for Hiro, she wasn't going to let it get shat on. She thinks she killed him.

The VAs said the episode should be focusing on the Argantea team and now we've got this from the episode's director.