Manga

Just a little discussion thread for what we've been reading recently. I started rereading Berserk a few days ago and it really solidified it in my top 3 manga of all time. The art, the writing and story, all are extremely well done. I'm still only near the middle of the Millennium Falcon arc though so maybe it gets worst but even if it goes to complete shit the work before it will always be legendary.

Nice blog

Lately been reading Mother Sarah. it´s average at best, but at least seems to be better than Akira

Wouldn´t place Berserk in my top 10. maybe in my top 20, but it´s a really good manga. even if people criticize it after golden age arc. And Puck is favorite character, yet I admit Guts and Griffith are the ebst written one

Fuck off back to some seasonal anime circlejerk thread faggot.

just got caught up on umaru's brand new series umaru G, it's still fantastic

Some say Berserk would be better without Puck but honestly it wouldn't even be Berserk without Puck. With Pucks comic relief I feel like we can take Guts's rage more seriously. For example in some anime or manga the violence can be so extreme that it becomes comical (Devilman Crybaby is a perfect example for me) and hard to take any of the other drama seriously. But with Berserk there is just the perfect amount of silliness with Puck to really appreciate how fucked up everything is outside of the comic relief.

My current reading list:
Akatsuki!! Otokojuku - Seinen yo, Taishi o Idake
Angel Voice
Bad Boys
Bakuon Rettou
Bartender
Be-Bop High School
Berserk 38
Crows Zero II - Suzuran x Housen
Drifters
Giant Killing
Gin no Saji
JoJoLion
Mad Bull 34
Moyashimon
Nanba MG5
Ore no Sora
Ore to Akuma no Blues
Otokojuku Gaiden - Date Omito
Rokudenashi Blues
Rokudou no Onna-tachi

RokuBlues is easily the thing I am enjoying the most right now.

Berserk should be considered up there as one of the best manga ever regardless of how bad it may become. I don't think the latest chapters are terrible despite not being as good as the earlier ones.

Rokudenashi Blues is fucking great, I really need to get into more delinquent manga. I got Crows, Real, Kyou kara ore wa, and Rookies left. I'm leaning on reading Real next but I heard its in hiatus hell so I'm on the fence. Fucking Inoue.

I saw clips of the berserk cgi film, and i pretty much know what happens more or less and I speed read through like 100 chapters on some random manga website.

I've never read the first chapter or anything but I just always thought this show was just edge lord garbage. It's been years so i'm sure i might like it if i tried it again from the start but what would you say is the appeal of the story?

Cause honestly I thought the fights where really boring and lazily written, the 'conflict' wasn't anything too interesting or personal until they got betrayed by griffith(that i remember i could definitely be wrong.), up until then it was just middle age knight faggotry with no real end game.

Is there anything different about it like a time skip?

Looking forward to the next batch of chapters for RokuBlues, it's been amazing for several volumes now, no wonder it rankes so well when it was running.

You need to read Bakuon Rettou, shit is fucking incredible and has realism that other manga can't ever hope to achieve.Same with Be-Bop High School but it's less noticable since it has a bit more comedy in it. But as far as delinquent manga goes, Be-Bop High School is one of the best because it's easily the most relatable.

You should reread it user, it is edgy but lazily written is something you cannot call the Golden Age Arc. Speed reading is also a big no-no with Berserk. The art is brilliant and so is the paneling. Berserk is like a fine wine, don't treat it like some boxed shit, user. If you just don't like edgy stuff, Berserk may not be for you. But if you don't mind it if it's done well, then you're in for an amazing read.

Oh yeah I've heard about Bakuon before, I heard the art is amazing. Guess that's next on the neverending backlog list.

Noice, a delinquent bro.

Ragna Crimson, is edge fantasy done right. I have always liked the mangaka´s work, but the nips seems to hate it, and stuff like Sky High got axed way too early.

>reading recently.
sweet fuck all, kusoge taking too much of free time

Picked up Berserk and Golden Kamuy recently. Dropped Berserk around 50 chapters due to it not really grabbing me (fantastic art though) and I'm just over 100 chapters into GK so far, enjoying it a lot.

Looking to pick up Hyouge Mono shortly, since it seems to be getting somewhat active scanlations nowadays.

>no end game

How did you miss the point that badly m8?

>m8
Fuck off.

I hate Puck. It feels like he's only there because Miura wanted to draw shota ass and tears.

You're right, but even shitposting Berserk is better than 75% of the frontpage.

I refuse to read ongoing scanlations, so I'm working through my backlog.

Reading several series monthly but also started reading Trigun. The art in Trigun is pretty garbage at times but it's quite a bit better in Trigun Maximum. Had some shit scans at first but managed to find scans of Dark Horse's version or something.

Wish Witch Hat Atelier scans would go faster too.

I hate puck after conviction. he is just a shadow of his former self.

Curently reading Dead Dead Demon's Dededededestruction
Also waiting for Neko no Otera no Chion-san new chapter

Read Dorohedoro recently. I've never quite loved something as much as Dorohedoro, I always get warm fuzzy feelings in my heart when I look back at it.

Then I read Murcielago, which gave me warm fuzzy feelings in my dick. It also made me realize how rare non-JK yuri is, or non-romance yuri at all. Unfortunately the scanlators dropped it and it's going to take ages for the physical volumes to catch up.