Berserk

What was your reaction on the eclipse? Were you spoiled, if so did that affect your perception, or did you still enjoy it immensely?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yhx8yVvmM5k
youtube.com/watch?v=9LberS62RF4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>enjoy it
i was spoiled and it was really hard to go through it nonetheless

I went in blind but it was obvious that griffth would become femto (I mean femto appears on the slug count arc, has a bird motiff and a past with Guts). Still the actual eclipse was a "holyshit" moment.

My very first exporuse was someone uploading the entire cgi film series onto youtube, and watching it at like 3:00 AM on a school night.

I thought it was the epitome of shock factor edgy bullshit, but that might have been because the films lack a lot of manga content.

Those films are abominations

I was spoiled, but lacked context. So I read Berserk got to the Eclipse. It waan't that bad.

Have the raws been leaked yet?

Does seeing the '97 anime first count as "spoiled"? Anyway, I saw that on an all-nighter and I was seriously dropping from sleep deprivation and I was still like WhwhwhwhwWHAT? Especially after The anime just ended there.

Reading it was hard even after I knew what was coming up.

actually it was really traumatic and horrifying on personal level. now every time I reread berserk, I skip eclipse and troll caves, as its too traumatic for me to read. I guess its first horror manga that touched my psyche on such personal level

>it was obvious
It was flatout said. It wasn't meant to be a plot twist.

Spoiled, and it didn't affect me much, but then again, I never really cared for anyone in the band of the hawk except Guts.

I thought the rape scene was tacky, but overall it was cool

>what was your reaction
GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIFFIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITH

>I had it spoiled for me
>it wasn't that bad
>it didn't "affect" me
Gee

>cgi film series onto youtube, and watching it at like 3:00 AM on a school night.
You must be 18 year o-
>Golden Age Arc 1 came out 6 yeas ago

bump

I knew something fucked up happens and knew how it looks like more or less but still managed to "enjoy" it so to speak.

Most of the other parts of the manga I had no idea about though, so in general it was a fucking treat.

brap

New chapter when? Notice of hiatus when?

next chapter is in three days m8

I watched the 1997 anime first, and by god it was a surprise. I feel like the anime doesn't foreshadow it as much as the manga. Since it ends right there, I ended up devouring the manga in about a week because I was so hooked.

I saw the anime in the early 2000s.
The anime immediately began at the Golden Age Arc so, there was pretty much zero reference to the supernatural apart from their first fight with Zodd.
So, the ending of the anime felt like an asspull without any build up. It reminded me of the ending of Evangelion.

I was not spoiled.

I thought the arc or whatever where it's trying to hook you in the present wasn't that great, especially with guts jobbing to the big bads in that strange pocket dimension. The golden age arc should have just been the beginning of the story.

I really liked the story. I am a dummy so I didn't pay attention to the foreshadowing much, only one Griffith transformed did I figure it out. Guts has had a hard life, he gets a break and then LITERALLY everything gets fucked up.

I'm not caught up all the way, but he has his little band of friends and they're about to fight that Indian guy that has the bahalit power for his own desires.

same

I'll say this though, I was geniunely bummed when half the cast was killed off.

feb 23

i knew griffith wasnt a good guy from all the

"didnt do anything wrong xD"

so i suspected somekind of betrayal or something, was still pretty insane though, definitely wish i had known nothing though

ctrl F no forces

really lads youtube.com/watch?v=yhx8yVvmM5k

>What was your reaction on the eclipse?

I read it mostly blind apart from what discussion I had seen on Sup Forums.
I thought the counts daughter at the beginning would grow up to be casca. I also saw a page if casca being raped in the eclipse and thought it happened in the most recent chapter. The chapters right after the eclipse where guys runs after casca and she miscarries broke me, felt depressed for weeks.

My first experience with Berserk was through the '97 anime. The eclipse scene had my jaw dropped the entire time in disbelief and horror. I was more shocked that the anime ended at that point though, felt like the worst possible point to end the anime. Looking back, I think it's not such a bad ending point though especially given where Berserk is now. I immediately started reading the Berserk manga from the beginning after finishing the anime though.

i cri evrytiem

too soon

GUUUUURIIIIIIIIIFFIIIISSSSSSUUUUU!!!!

New chapter?

While pretty impressive, it was too predicatable

Not yet boyo, learn to suffer with the rest of us.

My first new chapter was the exact one where they get off the boat.

the only good thing susumu can do: producing berserk ost´s

I went in blind, I first read it in high school back in 2007. I knew bad shit was gonna happen, but not at the level of everyone dying except for Guts and Caska being retarded. Also the rape scene didn't affect me too much since I was an edgy teenager.

I was more or less spoiled, but reading through it was still a kick in the gut that basically forced me to shut down and go to sleep.

In two days user. Although probably won't be translated for a bit.

What did you think about Pipin dying?

>enjoy
Idt that's the point of the eclipse

As said, you know something bad is going to happen, but you don't know what exactly, and what more, there is the Casca variable. You don't see her at the beginning, so I really wondered if she was going to die too. Turns out it's kinda even worse.

youtube.com/watch?v=9LberS62RF4

wtf is this a fate reference???
did berserk copy the holy grail design????

I'm gonna knock griffith the fuck out. Land a right hook clean on his chin and make him sleep. Then I'm gonna kick Guts in his good eye and fuck that up too

Spoiled all to hell, still fucked with me.

Then you'll fuck Casca and Schierke at the same time and your Dad will finally respect you

The rape made me hard af .

>Then you'll fuck Casca and Schierke at the same time and your Dad will finally respect you
no that shits gay

Honestly came outta nowhere. I think it escalated way too quickly, and it didn't really fit Griffith's character. Although, I guess people change after being tortured and mutilated for a long period of time.

I was sad, because he was one of my favorite band of the hawk members. He never got as much time as some of the others, but the strong silent type was good. Plus he was one of the first to make Guts properly interact with the rest of the band after their battle and didn't mind the elbow to the nose.

Reminder Yang got cucked by his friend Jean Robert Lappe

Yes, anyone that read the manga should have been spoiled since you see Guts screaming "Griffith" as he's shooting some gay bird. Later you find some gay named Griffith who talks about "muh dream" all of the time. It wasn't hard to figure out what happened. The only thing new were the specifics. I was surprised when Guts was the one to take his own arm. I thought we were going to see some generic shit where he loses it against some tough opponent.

Didn't get spoiled. It was kind of shocking but mostly just got me excited for what was going to happen next.

>the specifics
Well those specifics could have taken form in a lot of different ways.

I wasn't spoiled, and I felt something really bad coming, but man, holy shit
Love this manga a lot
Read through it 1,5 years ago, thinking about a second full read already
And I've never done that with any manga before

Same. I ended up showing the series to my close friends, but only I dove into the manga. Best decision I ever made and that was 11 years ago.

Watching it in the '97 anime was once of the most powerful watches in my life. Was totally like nothing I've seen before. I think I place it second only to watching Cowboy Bebop episode Jupiter Jazz pt. 2 when I was 12 (It was the first seinen anime I'd seen and that episode was the first I saw. I was just hypnotized the entire 30 minutes, even by the old Adult Swim format).

WAIT what... Are these spoilers for the upcoming chapter?

NOOOOOOOOOOO MY AUTISTIC WAIFU GO BACK TO POTATO

It was fucked up but the art was so magnificent i was just in awe of it. Personally i think the eclipse is child's play (heh) compared to the elf children raping each other with their stings. I've seen a lot of fucked up shit on the internet but that shit made me pause and consider if i wanted to continue readi

>trips
FUCK OFF!!!!

SHES BACK

I really want her to talk so we can get the futurama meme going. "She can talk, she can talk?" "I can siiiiiiing"

That's the final panel isn't it? That means she doesn't say anything?! We have to wait till March for her to talk again?!

>left arm is still here
There better be explanation for that or Miura is a fucking hack.

>he thinks she'll talk instead of months of her having ptsd

She still looks retarded.

Fuck. I started to cry. It’s been a long, long time. Is she really back?

>the first page of the next chapter is Casca sobbing and attacking anyone nearby uncontrollably

>hiatus announcement

I discovered Berserk through the Eclipse, decided to read the whole thing because of it, it's where the story begins as far as I'm concerned, everything before that was kind of a long flashback to understand what I just saw.

YESSSSSSSS

Cease with these words Sup Forumsnon

>continues March 23rd
>unpotatoed Caska

My brothers out there, we’ve made it. This is the end of an era. God bless Miura, and bless us all as well. Celebrations are at hand.

WHERE ARE THE RAWS FUCK

BACK TO WORK GOOKS

I was spoiled and Black Swordsman - Lost Children is still the greatest thing I've ever read. I wish I wasn't spoiled, but it didn't affect me negatively.

I knew it!! Edgefags BTFO!!

>First panel of next chapter
>Casca takes Farnese's dagger and kills herself

Anyone who likes Berserk being dark got eternally BTFO a long time ago.

She still looks retarded.

>Casca rushes to Guts
>man was so tired that when he finally relaxed with some booze he got knocked out
>he's sleeping now, leaning on a tree and can't see her running towards him
>Casca stops two steps away and sees all his scars, his missing limb, his gray hair
>it' almost like he aged for thirty years
>she grabs his shoulders and starts shaking him
>"Guts...Guts! Guts! C'mon, I know you can hear me, wake up! Guts...Guts!"
>"...Please stop shaking me, it doesn't seem to be helping the pai.."

There's still a chance. At this rate Guts will never obliterate Griffith's boipussy. We gotta get back on track sometime this century.

SAUCE NOW FUCKING FUCK!!!!

Just google it you inept nigger

Fantastic. The last thing before she went gaga was being raped by a demon version of her first live, seeing her friends die horrifically and I'm sure she has to remember losing her baby. Fucking shit she'll need therapy.

Berserk has dark elements. But there are those who want unnecessary edge like Casca wanting to join Griffith.

Guts' scars magically disappeared with the art style change though.

>Berserk has dark elements
*had

No, has.

This. The last time Berserk was dark was that emperor that Griffith killed, and even then the dark tone hadn't been prevalent for a while.

5 pages only?

So autistic Casca 1997 - 2018 ?
It has been a while...

We reached the point with people genuinely arguing there shouldn't be anything dark anymore in berserk and everything should work out without any problems
face it, berserk has become a completely different manga

>hah, that's only 11 years
>wait
Goddamn

I just wish they would do something permanent. Like If Guts had actually killed Slan in the Troll dungeon, it would feel like something was accomplished. Grunbeld in the Berserker armor, same thing. Instead it's just drawn out forever.

Sup Forums didn't even exist back then, we couldn't even react to RAWs.