Digimon

Will there ever be a digimon anime as good as Tamers again?

Other urls found in this thread:

archiveofourown.org/works/13665546
youtube.com/watch?v=-qUkl4leUTw
japanesewithanime.com/2017/07/sekai-isekai-meaning-japanese.html
youtube.com/watch?v=cAAh0Gn2J8A
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Tamers was really good, but I like season 4 more. I also like season 1 the most after watching it recently.

Savers and Xros Wars were better. Tamers takes way too long to set up its characters and story and has dumb shit like Ryo and Alice. Don't understand why people think it's the best. Is it just all Lainfags?

Savers was pretty kino bud

One of the greatest Isekai
Leomon death and Dukemon first appearance is epic

archiveofourown.org/works/13665546

Tamers was really the only good Digimon anime. Digimon really only excels when it comes to the games, but Tamers was the exception.

01 and Frontiers was better.

Other way around. The Cyber Sleuth games were great, but most Digimon games are trash. The anime, on the other hand, has about an equal amount of good and shit, though since original Xros Wars ended its been nothing but shit

There's no 01.

Didn't you learn to be the biggest dreamer?

>Xros Wars
>but most Digimon games are trash.
I hope you're being ironic

tamers isn't isekai, hell not even 02 is isekai, it's only adventure.

He is right. Pokémon always had the better games and the worst anime, Digimon was the other way around.

It is isekai.

Meaning: "Another world"
usually referring to Japanese stories (anime, manga, light novels or web novels) which involve the main character being transported into another world via either reincarnation, summoning, or a god transmigrating them.

Tamers doesn't go into another world until over half the series is done, and when they do it is in an expedition, not being transported. 02 has the kids diving into and back the digital world when they very well want. Even frontier doesn't quite fit the definition since they choose to go there, although it could be applied.

It's still isekai, or reverse-isekai if you want.

Adventure 1 and Savers > Tamers

if you say so

>Savers
I am so glad that savers finally gets the recognition it deserves.
I remember a time were everyone thought that it sucked.
youtube.com/watch?v=-qUkl4leUTw

Which evolution line is best overall?

liomon -> leomon -> grap leomon ->saber Leomon

Which Digimon game is the best?

Digimon World 3

>Digimon World 3
Wew lad

>There are people who like Savers

Kill me

>Kill me
Just do it yourself

Digimon World 1. It was made before the anime so it's the only one that was made to actually be a good game instead of fanservice licensed crap.

So you're telling me that THESE are Digimon?

You really should stop breathing

not seeing the issue.

Isekai doesn't mean forced summon you fucking retard.

Cyber Slut has the cutest girls

isekai doesn't apply to every form of fantasy either. They have to suddenly find themselves in another world, having lived in a world like earth as we know it.

>They have to find themselves in another world, having lived in a world like earth as we know it.
Which describes Digimon. Even fucking Narnia is isekai.

>suddenly
No.

Narnia definitely is isekai, as is adventure. The other seasons are not, unless you're also thinking of stargate as isekai.

Stop being retarded. Digimon is 100% isekai, the best one.

This user is correct.

>Savers
I love this meme. Savers was boring as shit, had the most forgettable characters in the franchise as well

You say Tamers takes to long t set up characters while saying Savers and Xros Wras are better which took even longer yet still couldn't develop decent characters?

It MAY be a reverse isekai, because it gives some attention to Calumon adapting to our world.

I don't think being able to choose to go there is relevant, if you can't go back and forth whenever and so on. Frontier seems to be an isekai to me.

Tamers is not isekai. The alternative world needs to be the setting of the story. In Tamers, they only take a short trip WAY into the story. Tamers is not isekai and Noein is not isekai. Both only feature small trips to the alternative world in a story that takes place in the original world. The alternative world needs to be a fundamental premise of everything, it can't just be a plotpoint.

Stargate is indeed isekai.

>The alternative world needs to be a fundamental premise of everything, it can't just be a plotpoint.
The digital world is a fundamental thing in Digimon. It doesn't matter if the characters themselves are only there for a short period of time.

That's irrelevant. That's like saying Fullmetal Alchemist is isekai.

I wish the kids spirits could speak through out the show. Also the battle with the royal knights went on for too long.

Yeah no. If you want a more complete definition you can see
japanesewithanime.com/2017/07/sekai-isekai-meaning-japanese.html

, but visiting many worlds isn't quite sufficient to fulfill the definition, even ignoring what the genre actually is which is more limiting.

>Digital World
>Isn't Isekai
okay

The digital world is only a small part of the story. Not all alternative worlds are isekai. Noein is not isekai. Seirei no Moribito is not isekai. Sailor Moon is not isekai. They are just works that involve an alternative world that they take short trips to in order to do certain things. The story functions without the characters being in the other worlds.

>The story functions without the characters being in the other worlds.
Digimon wouldn't function without the very homeland of the digimons.

Sure it's a one shot, but c'mon digimon doesn't have a digital world.

Like I said that's irrelevant. The mechanics and lore behind everything doesn't matter. They would never have been able to do alchemy in Fullmetal Alchemist without the energy from the souls in the other world, but that doesn't make Fullmetal Alchemist an isekai. Even though the alternative world is completely necessary for their world to function.

What do you think about the upcoming mobile game?

Wait which mon is the one besides agumon?

erismon. it's surprisingly cute.

Are do we know what mecha/dragon knight or cosplay girl it evolves into?

Not yet, it was just revealed yesterday

Oh okay cool

I thin it would a "Legend Arms" digimon like Rudomon.

>Calling another show boring while defending Tamers

The girls designs are kinda lewd.
And that´s great!!!

When did this one get revealed.
This is what I kind of hate about digimon, I never know when a new one gets revealed.

in japanese magazines, V-Jump in particular.

Rudomon can transform himself into a shield. All his evo line can transform into shield as well.

Legend Arms Digimon can transform into powerful weapons. They kinda like the new hot group after all the royal knights were revealed.

I know of the legend arms, but I just didn't know about ludomon.
What I an really wondering is which mon is going to wield them since their strength seems to lie in that they can turn into really powerful weapons for other mons to wield.
A Gilgamon maybe?

Some anons especulate Rudomon´s mega and Durandamon fuses in the anniversary´s v-pet to a new Omegamon. (Shield + Sword)

zero arms>legend arms

>new Omegamon.
Pls no.
How many omegamons do we need?

Considering that Ryudamon is an experimental "prototype digimon" do you think he was supposed to be the prototype legend arms in lore?

It seems never enough.

youtube.com/watch?v=cAAh0Gn2J8A

Much simpler times. I liked this one on RTL II on German TV

Digimon world 1 ,3 and card battle are the only good digimon games

World 2 is good on emulator. battle evolution/rumble arena is also reasonably fun.

Cyber Sleuth/Hacker's Memory and Next Order are good, but we had to survive a decade of terrible DS games to get there

the first ds and dawn dusk are good, minus the ludicrous random encounter rate.

This, I unironically liked Frontier

Frontier had the best innate premise. I'd much rather myself transform into a Digimon to throwdown than have some obnoxious pet with little/obnoxious personality do the fighting while I stand on the sidelines. And yes, Tamers added biomerge but that was fairly late.

Frontier also had Zephyrmon

Would you watch a bootleg sequel to frontier?

>uninronically liking deus ex punch
Shit taste tbqhwy

Savers characters didn't take as long, and even if it did, its plot got started much sooner than Tamers as well. Its characters were fine.

Xros Wars, on the other hand, didn't focus on its characters enough for it to matter if they were underdeveloped; it was a show concerned first and foremost with showing you flashy, over the top action, which I think it excelled at

>Zephyrmon

She is somehow both cool and an overdesigned mess

Best girl.

I want to believe, but I don't want it to be shit like Tri.

adults made everything better.

If xcross wars is canon does that mean the tamers got their digimon back despite what the audio drama says? or the events have a different chronological order?

xros wars is unlikely to be cannon, or at the very least only picks up the cast from specific points in time before the finale.

Case in point, takato fusing with a alive grani to become cm, which something that could not have happened at any point (grani died the moment CM was formed).

What's the Ultimate named?

It's metalgarurumon X-antibody.

that's metal garurumon X, an x-antibody mutation of the regular metalgreymon.

Tamers>Adventure>Xros Wars>Savers>Frontier>Xros Hunter

No idea where Tri ranks yet, but its pretty shitty.

Savers is fucking terrible though, the characters are one dimensional and uninteresting as fuck and they mix Masaru jumping skyscraper high and punching godzilla tier monsters in the face with fucking genocide.
Its really shit

Xros is ruined by its woeful Death Generals arc and complete lack of cohesion in general.

Good taste

You have a problem with it buddy?

Aside from the whole henshin thing Frontier was a bit too by the numbers for my liking. It also looked super low budget coming off of Tamers.

Tamers last episode looked atrocious, thanks to toshio deguchi.

I enjoyed watching it when it was airing, it had a wide enough cast thanks to actually developing the monsters that I was never bored with it, nor did I ever actively think "this character sucks, please do something else" which is high praise in the Digimon franchise.

Tamers had a low budget, and the last episode is full QUALITY

This pic x1000
Apocalymon could've been really cool if foreshadowed from the beginning. In fact, with a proper story, I think he could've been better than the D-reaper because he is the forced antithesis of the growth = evolution thing that Adventures was known for. A being thats in anguish for not being good enough had plenty of potential to be fleshed out better.

Can I get this digivolution in Cyber Sleuth?

I remember the guy in the right in Rumble Arena 2, was fucking hilarious with his fart attacks

watching Xros while it was airing with /m/ were some of the best times I've had on here

Xros got me back into Digimon altogether in fact

looking back on it though, it's not a good Digimon series despite its positives of developing the Digimon themselves for once, with it coming at the cost of not developing the humans

Taki and Tagiru might be the worst Digimon protagonists yet. And I absolutely hated Takuya.
But I did enjoy Xros wars for what it did.
That crossover episode put the nail in the coffin though. Which is good because it was near the end anyway.