Kemono Friends wins Tokyo Anime Award Festival 2018 as Best Anime

Kemono Friends wins Tokyo Anime Award Festival 2018 as Best Anime.
Tatsuki also wins Best Director.

twitter.com/TAAF_official/status/966241124896550912

Other urls found in this thread:

mobile.twitter.com/irodori7/status/966251845898321920
youtube.com/watch?v=-GZosfl0WFg
desuarchive.org/a/thread/168795826/
youtube.com/watch?v=U1UTeLnPEaI
twitter.com/kemo_project/status/966295113663094784
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>it's only been a year
Feels like it was ages ago.

It's still dead anyway.

This kills the hater.

>Tokyo Anime Award Festival
lol, shit awards.

WHO CARES KADOKAWA ALREADY KILLED THE FRANCHISE.

mobile.twitter.com/irodori7/status/966251845898321920

He's really kojima 2.0

KF is dead though.

Seriously, why did it has to end this way?

Wasn't the grand prize for this about 1M yen?

>children's show
>PSP tier CGI
>best anime

As voted on by industry professionals.

Expect your pro anime studios to copy the style of the successful shitty animators

>AOTY for a year it didn't even air in

>other award winners include Nasu and Kaijura
No wonder Tatsuki won, they're putting all the hacks on pedestals.

Might as well post this again:
youtube.com/watch?v=-GZosfl0WFg

Lemme get uhhhh

Do
Do you even know how the awards work?

desuarchive.org/a/thread/168795826/

youtube.com/watch?v=U1UTeLnPEaI

Why did the mods deleted that?

it's also called "expectations"

I can't speak Heisei
who was nominated along with KF?

Guess who won this shitty award last year?
Yuri on Ice

Maybe they care about that blatant attempt to squeeze more money out of the assets without Kojima?

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win!

YEART!

The otter was so fucking sexy.

jej

Finished this show a few days ago. It was really amazing. I can't stop thinking about it.
I wish I had watched it with Sup Forums when it aired.

twitter.com/kemo_project/status/966295113663094784

PPP getting their own album.

And it won the fan vote again this year. Stay mad

I'll forgive them if the remade this into superior 2D.

>tfw I'm starting to get interested in Kemono Friends now but I'm not sure if it's dying or not.
It seems it's own company had a winning hand, but it's playing all it's cards wrong. I hope it survives, it has such an interesting indie charm to it, the kind that creates good communities. Things like Granblue and FateGO went viral and created productive fanbases, but are far from being really comfortable to be if you don't enjoy being a competitive and aggressive person.

Okay it was a good show but calling it best is a little much.

Don't you think that would kill a bit of the interesting weirdness that attracts people to this series? It's like a Vocaloid's voice or ZUN's art.

It's dead

2D anime takes what?
A hundred workers, a thousand fast computers, millions of gear and accessories, and an established fort with massive electric and internet bills.

Yaoyozoru is a 10 man apartment room.

It's dead, and anyway it was more fun to watch it weekly than binging.

It's alive everywhere except Sup Forums because the memers moved on.

Except CG anime is far more likely to look like hot garbage than regular 2D anime no matter how many people are working on it.

If it sells, it sells

The fanbase, sure.
Profitability and creativity of official franchise? eh.

Except it usually doesn't, so saying CG is cheaper means nothing if it's going to flop 95% of the time anyway.

Nice.

Sure.
But this is about Yaoyozoru being able to afford 2D anime - which they ain't. Probably won't even bother no matter how much more they start selling because of the hasstle of new animation styles and more complex management of workfoce

>It's not important if my favorite anime doesn't win!

All of the official events and collaborations are still being sold out. It's not record breaking as it once was, but most other franchises would still kill to have a fan base as large as it still is.

Pavillion flopped and so would the next anime project
Only the VAs are profittable

We should be celebrating this news, the thread should be full of Friends and exulting anons but no, all I can feel at this is pity and sadness. How did this happen? How did they just kill such a beautiful thing just like that?

I love Sup Forums's definition of a dead series, sasuga stalkerfags.

Not a good quote because that applies to everyone and everything - including terrorist cells and dictator countries.

When will the people who wanted Tatsuki gone commit sudoku?

Probably never because Mine is fine with it.

>KDKW on suicide watch

Reminder that the half-nude guy who said this was fine with the oppressors being his own people instead of the foreign people.

Now that you mentioned it, I just realized that this is the first KDKW franchise to receive such a prestigous award. And it only brought them more shame

Must be fun to see Mine's face as Tatsuki receives another award for a franchise that he started

You people are still forcing the meme that they hate each other?

He is saying that he the award should be given to everyone on the studio?
And to think that the average director does not even know the names of their own animators. This is a man who deserves every joy in the world

Until Tatsuki unblocks him, nothing would convince me otherwise

Mine was perfectly happy to have Tatsuki removed from his project.
Tatsuki blocked Mine on twitter.

I'm sure they're best friends.

I think he said one of the reasons the show turned out the way it did was that since the studio was so small everybody was in constant communication with each other, which wouldn't happen in a larger studio.

Truly a shinning beacon of hope in an industry marred and poisoned by the tar of greed and shallow creativity.

Is that true? Don't they have their hand in a majority of anime?

But it fits perfectly to KF today
Fuck your politics

>no Kaban in Pavilion
If only Kaban were here.

Where's the guy who was claiming Keifuku was going to sell 60,000?

I came to laugh at you. It sold 1,200 copies.

Corrupts.

1200 in one day. It wouldn't sell 60000 but it's without a doubt a blockbuster success. For what that is a 5 minute short sold at about 40 bucks.

Doubt it will break 3000 before.it stops selling enough copies to rank. It's already dropped down to 4th in the daily ranking. Will probably be gone by the end of the week.

Still 60,000 is hilarious.

Every animator in Japan is without a doubt jelly as fuck at the money irodori is making and wish they can be Tatsuki....

60,000 sometime soon.

Keep in mind almost all the money goes straight to irodori, I'm sure they made more with this than they did making KF.

It went sold out like three times now, that's why it dropped down in the ranking. It won't be 60k but it's definitely going to be over 3k or even 10k.

I'm talking about real world sales rankings on oricon not Amazon or stalker estimates. By day 3 it's already fallen to position 4 so isn't selling anything more than a few hundred today.

The fanbase on Sup Forums kills the image of tatsuki and kemono friends in my mind 2bh

It's mostly just one autist to be honest.

this is run-of-the-mill moeshit

for the life of me I'll never understand why it's so big

watched 3 episodes and stopped

it wasn't terrible, but it's just your average moeshit. And I have nothing against CG

It gets a lot better over time, ep 4 was when the series started blowing up. You need to watch till the end to appreciate why people love it.

This show isn't even remotely good, the characters are flat and one note, the animation is ass, the story is incoherent and doesn't make any kind of sense, it gives you nothing worth thinking about, the music was forgettable.

I don't understand why it was so popular, same with yuru camp.

>reddit spacing
Fuck off samefag.

I'm really happy for Tatsuki and Yaoyorozu.

>reddit spacing
post disregarded

I've yet to see a show turn jump tiers midway. Can it improve from 3-12? Undoubtedly, but it sure as fuck isn't going to go from average to AOTY.

You can't call it a legend if it was still alive, this is fine.

There are several reasons why the show became so popular.
1. Characters are simple, but each one has a stand-out personality that is easily defined so it's easy for people to relate to or enjoy any one character without having to spend several episodes with them
2. All the characters are based off of animals which are easily memetic and the fact they're all kemonomimi of exotic animals is naturally interesting to the common viewer, as it isn't common to see
3. The show gives off both a "classical adventure" and a "going to the zoo" feel with its presentation of a great adventure through an abandoned super-zoo and despite the simplicity, tells so much to the viewer through the background and other hints without explicitly telling them, giving the viewer something of a puzzle to piece together as they watch and enjoy the main characters visit completely different areas of the park and meet all sorts of Friends
4. The character designs are stylish and do give off an impression of the animal they're based off of. The fact they're depicted admittedly poorly in the anime and given the large number not included in the show, artists can easily choose a Friend of their choosing to draw to show off their design fully (or lewd the shit out of them)
5.The music is reminiscent of early 00s adventure games, further reinforcing the nostalgic tone of the show while also providing a calming tone to each scene but also being completely capable of raising the excitement when needed.
6. The development of the main characters throughout the show ties in completely with the problems they encounter or the things they experience and the fact the viewer is with them the entire time means they can fully appreciate and recognize just how far the characters have traveled and just how much they've changed throughout the show.

The post are 1 second part newfag, this show is objectively shit.

I'm currently starting this show

I hope you enjoy how cute all the Friends are

Theres so many average animes that completly shit the bed for an ending. Kemono freinds stayed consistently above average in everything except animation the whole run. It wasnt perfect but it was competent which is rare.

I've seen many memes so I've always been curious to check it out, but haven't had the time or energy.
The premise seemed weird and I won't lie when I say visually it kind of grosses me out, but in a good way, I can't really describe it, it's like I'm looking at a late PS2/early Xbox 360 video game that got cancelled during development and all that's left to show for it are the in game cut scenes.

i miss it lads

Yeah nostalgia plays a big role which is why it is popular mostly with the upper 20s-40s. I can't put my finger on exactly what it is but it really reminds me of something from early childhood that I haven't experienced since.

Oozora dreamer a shit
Pepapu are shit

Its old nature documentaries back when they were simple. Just hey look at this animal, this is what it does. Instead of hey look at this animal, its going extinct cause we are killing the rainforest. Or this is a shark, killer of the sea look at all these shark attack victims. Bunch of preachy bullshit to get views.

Thanks for putting a link in a spoiler, faggot. Take you gayness elsewhere.

Wow it's almost as if different people liked different things. Crazy huh?

It means there is a lower barrier of entry which allows smaller studios to experiment with new (risky) stuff while the established studios keep pumping out battle tested otaku-magnet clones because they won't take risks on expensive animations.
Also, do you think fancy animation is the prime factor in a shows success? Just look at all the 3d classics on N64. Zelda didn't need fancy graphics and animation to have fun storytelling and gameplay. Meanwhile shows like VEG have (inconsistently) fancy animation but the show sucks.

You just outed yourself as a newfag.

It's either Attenborough charm or Amazing animals edutainment, but it warms the heart.