Sel

>let's all love lain
but what did they exactly mean by this?
I mean of course you should love lain but what was the meaning of the phrase in the anime, who would love her, who would know who she was...

Other urls found in this thread:

desuarchive.org/a/thread/168292164/#168299553
web.archive.org/web/20060510030705/http://www.animejump.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=Sections&file=index&req=viewarticle&artid=32&page=1),
animenostalgiabomb.com/serial-experiments-lain-trippy-internet-anime-animerica-september-1999/),
desuarchive.org/a/thread/168292164/#q168299771
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It's a line from a film where they all love a musical artists with an ethereal tune

>but what did they exactly mean by this?
stop advertise your site fauux

Don't call him a fuck

It´s literally a meme

>but what did they exactly mean by this?
you are not supposed to understand anyway, why even bother

Still waiting on your argument against the actual context of that quote

desuarchive.org/a/thread/168292164/#168299553

>backpedaling

Yes yes, you said that last time when I literally posted Ueda explaining what he meant by that quote.

you still didn't google meaning of this word

I claimed that he said that he didn't want Americans to understand the series as the Japanese would, which is true, and is said as much in the image you keep spamming. How is that backpedaling when your claim was that English speakers are not supposed to understand Lain at all? Then, you argued that he was some evil gatekeeper over Japanese culture. When I posted pic related, you conveniently shut up and resorted to saying that Ueda was defending his racism, which is a pretty interesting claim considering America is not a race. Because there is obviously a single idea or collection of ideas that the creators wrote Lain around, there is an existing truth to it. Ueda said he wanted Americans and Japanese to have different reactions to it and establish new communication through the resulting "conflict" of ideas. Because the plot is clear and writers don't tend to write ambiguous thematic material, what he probably meant by this is a differing reaction to the thematic material that Lain presents. In this same interview, (which you can find at web.archive.org/web/20060510030705/http://www.animejump.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=Sections&file=index&req=viewarticle&artid=32&page=1), Ueda says "I'm glad that everyone likes Lain! But at the same time, I kind of wonder, do people over here really understand Lain? The way I percieve things, the way Japanese viewers percieved Lain would be different from how Americans viewed it. But when I was in L.A., the fans I met seemed so very Japanese in their perception... and that kind of isn't what I wanted, because like I said earlier, I wanted there to be a clash between cultures. I wanted American fans to see Lain and think, "No! That's screwed up! That's so wrong!"". That implies just as I said, that there is established thematic material that Ueda expected people to respond differently to, not that it was created with the purpose of being esoteric to Americans exclusively.

So you still didn't google it, a shame really
Now look at his original statement in interview (animenostalgiabomb.com/serial-experiments-lain-trippy-internet-anime-animerica-september-1999/), and not his half assed backpedaling
Then go to my original post

Also
>resorted to saying that Ueda was defending his racism
was post of some other user.
But it's convenient reduce everyone who don't agree with you to one strawman, right

fauux your site is weird

I was aware of this original interview, because it's what spawned the "controversy" in the first place. If you meant that you were saying that HE was backpedaling, it would have been helpful for you to say so instead of just responding to responses with ">backpedaling" like a shitposter. It can still be taken in the context of his multiple later clarifications. "They won't understand this. I don't want them to understand this." - because he wanted them to perceive the themes differently, as the later interview says, he wanted them to react negatively to what he conceived as Japanese concerns, but they didn't. Not to mention, part of the original question was "Do you think they will have the same reactions as Japanese audiences?". I'm not so cynical as to assume that he was trying to backpedal on a hostile comment multiple times. Why would he make a statement in an American interview in the first place if he was just going to backpedal on it? If he intended it in a hostile way, you would think he would have understood the reaction he'd get. One possibility is that it just didn't come across the way he wanted it to through the translation from Japanese into English. He may have assumed that the English speaking audience would understand what he meant with those words but didn't expect that it would come across differently for those speaking another language. "I want American people to react to this work" doesn't seem like the words of someone who wants Americans to just discard it as something they don't get. Rather, it implies what he would later clarify, that he wanted two cultures to clash in communication.

When you both use the same attitude, it's not unheard of to assume you're the same person. That's a part of anonymous communication. Don't act like you're some innocent lamb just because you only now decide to use a primary source for your argument when you were only spamming a Wikipedia cap for the months before.

>If you meant that you were saying that HE was backpedaling
>desuarchive.org/a/thread/168292164/#q168299771
Try reading next time instead of going full weaboo-apologetic autism mode that is spanning for months. Or if it's too hard, apply right away as a writer for wavemotioncannon, you woud be a good fit

>going full weaboo-apologetic autism mode that is spanning for months

As opposed to your months long autism mode posting that wiki cap in response to every Lain thread that vaguely mentions understanding its themes?

Guess who spending time furiously typing several paragraphs of text as response to such posts?

And guess who's watching threads about something they presumably don't even like based on your attitude to post the same image, and responding to people arguing against your points. You don't make yourself out to be any better of a person. I don't think it's that crazy for someone who actually likes Lain to come to Lain threads, and then write up a rebuttal when they see you trying to demonize their creator and reduce the series to "just stop trying you're not supposed to understand".

So I just was this show the question it's always the same haha. Valavala just first time valavala. Insert "I don't umder stand" haha what a great LAIN referents. Ha Ha that's a referents to SERIAL EXPERIENTS LAIN I watched that show I UNTASTUD.

I GOTTA GIVE IT REPOSE:
[Reply]
Regret you honest man.

OH WOW IT S A INSIDE JOOOKE WOW! IM IT TOO

[Reply]
Elopes you hold a deer.

A HA HA HA WOW IT'S LAIN IT'S THE SHOW It'S REALLY SERIAL EXPERIEMNTS LAIN. ME TOO ME TOO.

[Reply]
Wilt anischer in and near.

W O A H. IT'S THE THE REAL OPENING. IT'S THE REAL THING. WOW.

Did i ever said i don't like Lain? I said, exactly, that creators intention was to make it incomprehensible for westerners, so you should obey and stop trying.

>so you should obey and stop trying.
Lain is really straight forward when you're not being autistic about it. Creators are wrong all the time.

The creators didn't intend for you to not try. The fucking interview that autist posted literally said "I WANT AMERICANS TO REACT TO THIS SERIES".

And that's a misinterpretation that you have spammed in at least nine Lain threads (which are rare enough as is) over the last month based on the archives, which doesn't even count the posts you've probably made with a differently capped image with a different md5 seeing as you've changed filenames a couple of times. Your repeated negative attitude and insistence on demonizing Ueda is what would imply that you don't even care about this series. All these posts do is convince the people who don't bother looking deeper that there is no point in thinking about this series and that one of its creator's hates them, which is untrue and can make people shit on this show even further than they already do. You're either legitimately mentally ill, or are trolling these threads like the wave of "pretentious" posters.

>checking md5 and filename change
>legitimately mentally ill

>4 clicks is a lot of effort

Booring

I

so much autism just because of some stupid cartoon

Lainie's my favourite