How do you even fuck up Bleach so hard

Just how badly did Tite Kubo play his cards?

Even if the last arc was pretty shitty, the rankings were trash, he fucked up his shoulder and maybe was at odds with his editors, Bleach had acquired a legendary status that only a handful of other Shonen Jump series have surpassed.

You have Togashi doing whatever the fuck he wants, and the D Gray Man manga somehow is still getting published on that other magazine and against all odds. Why shoot Bleach in the face when he could've just gone on hiatus or whatever?

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=uVaKesaMDkA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

AFAIK there were conflicts with editors (it was pretty obvious that he wanted to kill byakuya with FEAR, even wrote a poem and everything) not letting him write what he wanted so he just ended up giving zero fucks and trashing it near the end on purpose.

second to last chapter even has a few jabs at his own work like that joke over hisagi bankai.
Its really a pity, I expect it to be a case where he wasnt given options and in the end it was bitter even for him.

>implying we'll ever see him again
its over

>implying we'll ever see him again
As an artist, at least. Not as a writer.

>he wanted to kill byakuya
why would editors stop that
ace from one piece was a top 5 popular character and they allowed oda to kill him

Imagine if Jump gave Kubo the Oda treatment where he can take a week break each month. I bet the story/ direction would've been executed much accordingly and he wouldn't be as sick and damaged up he is now. I feel bad for Kubo and imagine if Oda didn't have his breaks, for one his writing quality would've noticeably declined and surely he would be writing the story all sickend like Kubo had endured.

probably same reason why he couldnt kill icefail-kun.
did you even see how much rage fangirls sent to his twitter in both occasions?
I dont think both series are quite comparable in characters and audience each character wants to attract.
I took the adult-transformation of Ice shota to be just Kubo finally giving in to fangirls (cause it sure as hell didnt make any sense)

It's just a run of the mill case of an author destroying his own creation.

bleach had no coherent story structure. it was pretty much doomed to fail and even so kubo managed to stretch it pretty well until the aizen fight. fullbringers marked the true death of bleach

It's not that hard actually. WSJ wanted to milk it for what it was worth, Kubo only had the series planed to the SS arc. Even the SS arc got changed to milk it. Aizen was suposed to die and was a good guy, Tomboy girl was suposed to be part of the team, Uruhara was suposed to be the big bad. It's a common theme among many of their titles.

>how do you fuck up the 8th best selling manga of all time
I don't know OP, you tell me.

It's not like fujos are known for their taste or even care about the plot. Kuro sold tons and was trash. Slam dunk is one of the few rare series where fujos carried the series and it didn't suck ass.

>>>/reddit/

fuck

>WSJ wanted to milk it for what it was worth. It's a common theme among many of their titles.
Very true. I can't even begin to count how many titles were axed the moment sales began to dip after a period of popularity.

Do you have sauce for that? Sounds really interesting

Of course he doesn't.
The WSJ business bogeyman going against the mangaka wishes is constantly brought up in discussions like this and there is never any sauce.

>how do you explain the 8th best selling manga of all time getting suddenly axed in 5 chapters while the popularity rankings were rock bottom, whereas Naruto was always head to head against One Piece and was planned to """end""" on chapter 700 (not without its own issue though)
don't know user, you tell me

Kubo made over 20 sternritters
Half of them were 1 shotted
The other half have completely nonsensical powers
And not 1 sternritter fought against Chad

They're not even comparable. Oda has credit enough to pull something like Ace's death. Kubo doesn't. The fact they let him kill Gin fucking baffles me. He probably killed one editor or two in the process.

His pen name is TITe Kubo. Tits^3.
His priorities were aways clear.

can someone plz explain what is going on with bleach. i thought it ended time ago

It's completely Kubo's own fault that it had the shitty ending that it did. He wasted so much goddamn time on side-fights that the actual main fight with the big bad was only a few chapters and literally ended with one hit caused by a deus ex machina item introduced maybe one chapter earlier.

The argument that they rushed him to end it is not valid, because you could say the same for Toriko too. But the main difference is that Shimabukuro isn't a shitty writer and figured it would be much more important to prioritize the final arc over the stuff leading up to it, and did the best with the time he had. Kubo basically gave up. I want to feel sorry for the fans who followed Bleach for this long but I was already let down way too many times to genuinely care.

Those statues tho.

I think it's a mix of Kubo not being easy to work with, and his editor not being able to lead him to interesting plots again.
It ended up having saint Seiya syndrome after SS arc, it looked same-ish and frankly boring. Aizen got kinda interesting for a while but then it became shit again.

I feel like Toriko really didn't deserve what it got, but yeah at least it didn't shit his deathbed.

Pretty fitting since SS was one of his main inspirations.

Is he working on something new already? Kishimoto didn't take long to start his new shit, I was hoping that by starting fresh, Kubo could do better than that other hack.

Kubo killed Bleach due to health problems. Odds are he will take some time to recover.

>Health problems
Why did he not want to take hiatus instead? If DGM's mangaka who is less popular can get one, so could Kubo.

>The Virgin Quincy
>The Chad Fullbringer

i still dont know why it gets a real life movie adaption now. Like whats the point

A reboot? Trying to get people hype for a continuation/sequel? Just to milk a dead cow?

>>The Chad Fullbringer
This is perfect.

Why dont they just continue the anime adaption. Im still waiting for that fuck

You'll get it once Boruto is over. The director for the Bleach anime is currently directing that.

;-; which means never doesnt it

m.youtube.com/watch?v=uVaKesaMDkA