ITT: When you knew shit was gonna get real

:'(

I'm still mad.

Is this series worth reading if I've already seen this panel and that other spoiler page that gets posted every single time?

Yeah, go read it.

You should definitely read it, dont mind the spoiler.

This

Yes, for sure. It's a good story.

This was a ride.

Reach for the one you love, Kuromine Asahi

I miss reading Bokurano when it was coming out.

Cant wait for the AO fags faces when this part comes.

Fuck I'm still mad

FUCK I'M STILL MAD

Dont forget the sister and mother

You know I read this whole series yesterday after you guys posted it so much and I was pissed at how fucking depressing it is, not at all what I was expecting, I thought it was going to be something I could relate to, not some feel good story about how everything in life works out no matter how screwed up you are in high school

Sesuji and Shoodan were much better series in my opinion, at least they were realistic

I always knew they were dead meat especially with how drawn out their "rescue" was

But that dead came outta left fucking field.

I was already reeling from the time skip, then they just butchered best girl right in front of my face...

Don't use emoticons on Sup Forums.

It's not bad but it's really overrated here for some reason.

He should have stayed on the street.

Unironically fucking this

;__;

>best girl
>not the cop

Its not a story about how everything just works out, its a story about how everything will work out if you actually put in the effort to be a good person

Dang she's cute, I should read this.

There are so many "shit just got real" moments in Samidare.

Fair enough, I thought about rephrasing my post but sure it's a story that has great hope (but no actual lesson) in it if you are too young to be on this website

The crux of the story is expecting a loner teenager to be surrounded by people who will have his back, no matter what he does, and girls who will fall in love with him even after he does despicable shit to them

As an adult, the story is frustrating, at least if you are initially drawn in by the premise and capable of relating to the protagonist at the beginning of the story but my guess is, most of the people who read it can't relate to him at the beginning and think of him as subhuman and that is my complaint

I hate how a story that deals with what could have been an interesting topic that actual people experience just turns into a "everything works out because people are inherently good" narrative

There was no consequences for anything in the entire manga

Pretty good. Ties everything up pretty cleanly right at the end. Broccolli is a gc

Pretty much everyone knows about the Godhand before they even read Berserk, but this still counts.

A joke for kids.

It's been forever. What's the deal with this scene?

It's the same scene as this
It's just the moment that turned Zenkichi from reliable ally to confused enemy

i still get goosebumps when the gunbuster march starts up

legato mindbreaking vash was the highlight of the show

YAMEROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Dont fucking remind me

The absolute fucking mad man.

What manga is this?

It must be Bakuon Rettou based on the art and filename

thanks user

How did this sell? I realy enjoyed it until rape namek. Could've been a classic

I stopped reading it when he got cucked, but spoil me this: Did he bang the proto-Tomoko in the end?

Only reason why it worked out was because Broccoli was literally Jesus Christ. IRL he would have been expelled or sent to juby.

No

He's really hopeless.

No, he ends up with the girl from the beginning (not the manipulative one but the smoking one) so he wins even better than you think and the girl who cucks him totally forgives him and never even questions why he did what he did with special vengeance just for her, it all went completely unresolved

This. I mean, we never even see his family once after they are told about what he did

I lost my shit during the Lee/Gaara fight in middle school so reading this years later brought it all back

Where is this from?

It was originally just a parody of Death Note. It spun out of control, it wasn't something actually planned.

anyone got the source for these two? I google searched the image and only found a bunch of fags on pintrest talking about dreams

As always with that series: better in the manga

>forgives him and never even questions why he did what he did with special vengeance just for her, it all went completely unresolved

But the first thing she asks after he confesses what he did to the class was "Why?", at which point broccoli tries to comfort her. It's pretty heavily implied Broccoli stood up for Kurosawa behind the scenes despite what he did. It may be a little unbelievable that she'd forgive him so easily but I don't think it's completely unresolved.

What I was saying was rather, she thinks why, but never actually bothers to ask and get an answer, and he never offers one in his apology. I realize that point can be construed as him not trying to break up her relationship but realistically, he should have to explain to get her trust back in men. She forgives him because he always seemed nice, but he seemed nice and hung out with her and then did that to her which a normal person would think meant he was never nice at all. Her situation is different from the other girls because she thought she was close friends with him but the other girls he victimized were never his friends.

She dismisses his betrayal without ever understanding it was all because he thought she betrayed him. He got resolution by realizing she ended up with the better guy, she didn't get resolution and just forgave him because she was dating Jesus Christ. It's dishonest and emblematic of the problem with the manga. She's portrayed as completely pure with no fault but also no lingering damage.

The fact is that the pic in the OP is perpetuated as the moment shit got real but this notion implies nobody keeps reading after that moment because it's actually when the story just resolves itself out of nowhere and breaks off from any semblance of reality.

>Resolved itself out of nowhere and breaks off from reality
I'd say a redemption story where the MC works very hard to right his wrongs and is eventually accepted again is much more based in reality than a serial masturbator being given a hit list and ultimatum by a girl he barely knows.

I'd agree the page linked isn't when shit REALLY got real by rather the page where the smoker girl gets her boyfriend and his friend to beat the shit out of him. That showed that things were grounded in a reality where things can't just be forgiven without consequences, just because he said he was sorry and rightfully admitted his crimes didn't stop him from being shunned away from his class and friends. Even his teacher, while agreeing that apologizing was the right thing to do, admits what he did was fucked up and was wondering why he even confessed at all instead of getting away with it.

The answer to that was both guilt and wanting to become a better person, along with no longer having that threat looming behind his back. And he worked hard to become a better person, most people, like Kitahara, would look at that huge hurdle in the road and not work themselves to jump over it. It's why she gave up, her only out to being bullied was gone when he jumped a hurdle when she herself couldnt. He ran head on into his apology knowing full well he'd be hated and bullied for what he did, but also knowing he's have a weight lifted from his shoulders and also knowing he could work at bettering himself while Kitahara just accepted her fate and locked herself in a room.

honestly you lost something huge by seeing that page.
it's something that hit me like a truck. but in my case i found the series by pure chance off a good MU rating. but it should still be okay i guess.

fucking kill yourself for posting this.
i always get so fucking mad for this spoiler in particular, maybe it's because this is THE turning point and the manga is pretty short in general.
i can't imagine it being the same, reading all that happened before this while knowing that this will be what he chooses to do.

You equate what he did as a sign that accepting your punishment is the path to a happy end except that you then act like Kitahara didn't also get a happy end.

I will 100% agree that the part where Kitahara begins pressuring him and providing a hit list is where the story really showed its cracks to me but the struggle of the MC was real so I let that part slide as an artistic license of turning events up to 11 while keeping realistic motivations and actions in the manga's world. That part, while not completely believable as an ongoing plot device, never breaks the fiction.

Though in a real world, Kitahara would have killed herself or other people and not just turned out fine and everyone who bullied her turned out fine and the guy who saved her from her room was dating the person who helped bully her and that was fine and everyone wanted to see her again despite the fact nobody gave a shit about her the entire time they knew her and that was fine. This is problematic because it teaches that bullying people has no consequences but that wasn't the point of the manga so we can let that slide.

But Kurosawa never faces realistic blowback for his crimes and if anything, his life actually improves (the harmful lesson here being, if you make an overdramatic and damaging cry for help, people will understand it and reach out to you even more). Getting beat up once is not a consequence, he needed that beating and was open to it. Getting shunned isn't a real consequence because he shunned everyone else the entire time before that. And at the end of the day, the various characters reached out and forgave him without ever asking questions. We never see his family life affected, the school never treats him as if he even did anything wrong. You can't simultaneously believe the mean notes on his desk were consequences for his actions and then accept that he improved because of them, because he never overcame them. He just lived with them and became a better person.

You didn't really lose anything from seeing it, no. It's a part of the story that gets foreshadowed for ages and is obviously going to happen. One event that happens before this and basically every event that happens afterwards is where the strong themes of the story come into play.

But it's not THE turning point at all. It's really not. There are multiple turning points for multiple characters and this is the one that is arguably the most expected one. Everything that happens afterwards is much larger than this scene. Plus it's ten years old and is always discussed on this board where it's pretty highly rated, maybe even overrated in some senses.

The raping was unnecessary but I suppose it is the most "realistic" depiction of the situation.

wow

such doge

I can understand a lot of your complaints but the one that doesn't sit well with me is the questioning.

How realistic would it be for a girl that just learned someone she thought was a friend was cumming on people's stuff to walk up and be like "hey why did you nut on that girl's musical instrument?" That would be an insanely awkward question that's only real answer would be "I got told by another classmate to do it" at which point he'd have to throw Kitahara under the bus, and he makes a point to apologize and admit his own failures and mistakes rather than pushing it on others whether they deserve it or not. Blaming others for his mistakes and blaming them for him becoming a social outcast for the rest of school would be going back to the way he was.

I find it much more believable that a group of school kids would want to avoid such an awkward conversation as much as possible. I also find it much more believable that they wouldn't all forgive him by the end of it, but that could be chalked up to wanting a happy ending.

i don't think you really get it. he never explained because he didn't want to rat out kitahara. he just wanted to leave it all behind him.

>The fact is that the pic in the OP is perpetuated as the moment shit got real
but it is. everything that happened after is the result of this moment, of this decision.
before that he was being blackmailed by kitahara and was running in a downward spiral. this is how he "got out", so to speak.

but kitahara didn't get a happy end?

>But it's not THE turning point at all. It's really not. There are multiple turning points for multiple characters and this is the one that is arguably the most expected one.
no. just no. were you spoiled this page before/when your read it or something?
tell me, how does any of the stuff that happens afterward happen without this confession scene?
you're really missing the significance of this scene. for the overall story, this is by far the biggest and most impactful moment in the manga. it literally changed the course of the story and his life

and it wasn't foreshadowed at all. again, it just seems like you knew beforehand because of OPs like these.
there was no reason at all for him to do this. and he only did it because in the scene beforehand he realized how wrong he was doing takigawa.

>Where you spoiled this page before/when you read it
No, the description of the manga literally says it's a "coming of age story about consequences, forgiveness, and people's ability to change." The second he started questions his own actions and defying Kitahara it was obvious what was going to happen. Some brighter than me could predicted a redemption arc based on the small synopsis alone. It really isn't a huge story and it isn't even a focus like the discussions here have been saying. It's not about the apology, it's about the consequences and changing as a person, that's just a small step towards the goal. The much bigger twist, and probably where most start to realize he isn't a totally fucked up person is where he realizes he is in love and doesn't want to taint the image of his interest even in his own mind

I don't know, it's been about ten years since I was the age of the characters in the story (I'm assuming they are 15) but in the real world, people would have asked why. People ask why all the time, it's basically all they do (or they will at least try to tell him why he did it).

Now if you want to dismiss it as, the school and family asked why and that's why we never saw it, then fine. But his response to the why could have easily shown growth, he didn't have to and shouldn't have thrown Kitahara under the bus if questioned because she was using him to do something he already started doing and the most egregious act was one he volunteered to do for very personal reasons.

He could have simply said he had this daily activity and when he saw students bullying a classmate, he thought he would bully them (the answer to the school) and then to the girl he loved, he owed it her a more personal apology but again, her being the angel was the unrealistic part, he shouldn't just walk up to her and confess to her he had feelings for her but she wouldn't have just become friends with him again as if nothing happened.

You realize if he told them it was his vigilantism to stop bullying, it might have actually saved Kitahara from her later breakdown, right? He wouldn't have even had to say her name, just make the teacher more aware of the mistreatment of students in his class.