In the 70's version of Devilman worth watching?

In the 70's version of Devilman worth watching?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jVfi59F_FVg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Bump.

No. It's even worse than Crybaby.

how so? I'm new to the devilman series and i'm wondering if this is a good starting point. How is it bad?

The Birth is the only good adaptation but it only adapts the first 2 volumes
Just read the manga

Don't start there. It was hot enough shit then to live in a vacuum, but it's really not representative of the franchise. OVAs first.

It's doesn't even have Ryo
Might as well have a different name.

The 80s one is the one you want.

Theres really nothing there. Just watch the OVAs

Yes it is, ignore the complainers.

none of 70s nagai toei adaptions are worth watching
honestly
inb4 xpearse

>e-celeb

Fuck off Sup Forums

>none of 70s nagai toei adaptions are worth watching
Incorrect, I've seen most of them and at worst thy are still 5 star classics.

>they

Who the fuck cares?

If you liked Go Go Mach and similar shows, really only worth it for enjoying a 70s show, not for Devilman in itself.

Doncha mean Speed Racer?

Im working by way through crybaby now and Im surprised to see that general consensus was that it was trash. Why? Its certainly no masterpiece, but its not bad either. The style is interesting and its fun to see how characters develop. Im only on episode 7 or so though so I guess Ill save my final judgement until I actually finish it.

I assume Speed Racer has a lot of edit differences from the original and would be a different experience entirely.

Don't bother. The ending is shitty. Ryo kills Akira btw.

Slightly rustled but whatever. Here's your free (You)

It's popular and Netflix funded it, therefore it cannot be liked on Sup Forums.

Mazinger and Cutie Honey are both pretty good. Worth watching some of them at least.

>cutie honey
>worth watching

No way. It's generic ecchi fanservice trash. Completley unoriginal uninspired with no redeeming merits whatsoever.

>Completley unoriginal
It was pretty much the first magical girl series, retard.

No Sally the witch was retard.

>Im working by way through crybaby now and Im surprised to see that general consensus was that it was trash. Why?
Contrarianism and the fact that there aren't little girls for the typical Sup Forums user to jack off to.

I think the real reason is just that most of the people here have read the manga and view Crybaby as a mediocre adaption. The changes they made to The story would incline me to agree with that assessment.

If you wanna get into it read the manga. Then you can do OVA and Crybaby.

I very much doubt that many people here have read a manga from 1972, most were probably born this century and have never experienced anything older than they are.

Its not like Devilman is obscure; it's older but it's always been an entry level manga. I doubt most of the people here are that young, if they were they'd just go somewhere like Tumblr or Reddit.

I'm 25 and didn't know about Devilman until I encountered the character Jinmen in the fighting game engine MUGEN and was thoroughly disturbed by his design.

There used to be this autist that made Devilman manga that's every month back in 2014. Besides, Nagai is pretty well known on /m/ for years now.

>playing mugen

Autist

>playing
I was watching youtube videos of it
Particularly over a 2chan meme character
Devil Spoo
youtube.com/watch?v=jVfi59F_FVg

You're very wrong.

It's a completely different beast from the manga but it's not bad. It's a pretty solid, somewhat weird superhero show.

It'd be fair to say it's inferior to the original, but to go as far as to say Crybaby was bad is just stupid. It's a solid well done show even with its flaws.

The only good thing about crybaby was the Devilman's design,

everything else was utter garbage.