This is the final nail in the coffin. Mecha is officially dead

This is the final nail in the coffin. Mecha is officially dead.

"Final nail"? Mecha died with Seed Destiny. We're looong past that point.

>girl starts queeffing

Good to see the pleb filter is working, I bet you don't even like anime

You can't get it up for HARD MECHS, little boy?

Mazinger Infinity will cure you

OP is literally can't stop sucking dicks

dude are you not noticing the deep allegorical subtext of this show? You gotta pay attention my man, this show is NOT just about self-inserting and becoming infatuated with the gorgeous girls oh god why can't you be real I love you forever 02 this is all I ask for, why even live?
>tfw ywn be oni darling ;_;

Actually, Mecha dried out years ago. People are just trying to find ways to make Mecha interesting again.

>deep allegorical subtext
BALLS DEEP SUBTEXT BRO

It's true. There will never be a better girl in mecha anime than Miku, so the entire genre is fucking finished.

You have to be a literal faggot if this is what kills mecha for you.

This is Eva for plebs and it isn't even hiding it.

the 'subtext' is so overt it's funny, i'm really enjoying it
cant wait to see what the weird explanation for the setting is

Do they seriously need to pilot the mecha in that doggy style position

About time

Do not question the Doktor.

The problem with darifura is that it is an amazing character in a shitty show.

So we want to like it because the character is so good, but it doesn't really work

Mecha was never a genre, just a setting for lots of different genres. Action, political thriller, romance. When you compare them to each other, you compare different genres, becasue you confuse a setting for a genre. It's like comparing all different stories, action or drama, that take place in medieval times, or fantasy worlds, or in WW2. Is it really that hard to understand, or is it just you don't want to change what you think?

FranXX is literally saving mecha from itself.

Are there any mecha romance, really? I can think of lots of mecha series with prominent romance subplots, but none where the romance forms the core of the series.

Other than Darlifa? Eureka Seven comes to mind.

Anno killed mecha with Evangelion.

Full Metal Panic has romance.

Eureka Seven, King Gainer, Darlifra, Escaflowne, Full Metal Panic!, all Macrosses,...

Romance is more or less defined by a lack of action, to allow you to focus on the characters' emotions. You can have interludes of action in a romance story (e.g. Titanic), but the setting is mostly placid.
Meanwhile, mecha are giant weapons that create action wherever they go.

That Makoto SHITkai movie that ripped off Gunbuster, I guess

the characters are not "amazing." only 02 is okay.

I think I have seen this before.

>Goro is canonically gay
>Kokoro is cucking Futoshi
>Ikuno is canonically a lesbian

Literally none of these things are actually true, and yet you monglers seem hellbent on forcing these memes.

please stop.

Cock-Whore-O will fuck literally every single character except Fatshit.

The Ikuno one is supported, but not confirmed.

Nothing in the show supports the Kokoro speculation, but there's some production interviews.

Goro is canonically trying to reconcile being best bro to both Hiro and Ichigo, while his hormones are telling him to love Ichigo tenderly and strangle Hiro in his sleep.

>and strangle Hiro in his sleep
But Goro is not jelly.

I want to fuck Miku while tugging on her hairhandles!

Hopefully FMP:IV can redeem the genre.

Why the fuck does every new mecha show need some stupid gimmick like "boy girl pairs only" or "you need to be undead"? Why can't we just get a guy finding a giant robot and then aliens invade?

The entire fantasy about giant robots is one of them appearing in front of you and getting in and piloting it. Now I need to score with women too?

What are you, gay?

Vandread was actually good though.

Not in the west it's not. Japan doesn't know how to make Mecha anymore.

I want to fondle Misa's ass

>Cock-Whore-O
heh

>This is the final nail in the coffin. Mecha is officially dead.

Go cry in /m/

>strangle Hiro in his sleep
Why though? Hiro is more than happy to have nothing at all romantic to do with Ichigo. She may have sisterzoned herself out of awkwardness with her feelings but I'm convinced Hiro legitimately sees her as a sister.

Im not gonna lie the trailer gave me some weird SpyKids 3D vibes.

just checked /m/ for the first time in ages
lol

Feel free to not post that fucking trash, thanks.

Being haremshit automatically makes it worse

>final nail in the coffin
>implying it wasn't Gundam SEED

This show is servicable, nothing great, too bad that might have been what mecha needed to survive.

>Because nobody told me to stop
Could be a fucking awesome line in another context.

Who cares? Mecha is stupid anyways.

Don't worry, it'll be saved with R3.

Why are Franxxtards and VEGtards using the word plebfilter with their shitty shows that every normalfag are watching?

Imaishi is going to save it again

VEG makes sense that normalfags are watching that, but FranXX?
Is FranXX also pushed and/or aired on a major western streaming platform?

Don't know about VEG, but I've seen people claim Franxx is plebfilter because all the sex subtext scares off the prudes apparently. I don't really follow or care what mainstream Westerns fans care about, so I don't know how accurate that is.

no its not.

Yeah
But its mostly just pathetic here

I haven't watched the show so maybe they aren't really shown, but when skimming these threads, I don't think I've ever actually seen any gifs or images of the actual robot fighting. Just the inside of the cockpit stuff.

>with Seed
closer to the truth

You all need to watch Shinkalion, it's actually fun.

why is he using her ass to pilot a mecha?

remind sme of that one hentai from the 80's

>He didn't like pacific rim
Actually shit taste

Considering mecha genre is aimed at children to sell toys why is there so much sexual themes in the show?

It's just how its done user

shut up shut up sSHUT UP
kokoro and futoshi are /perfect/

SEED wasn't even that bad, just an inferior 0079. SEED Destiny was what killed mecha for good.

this

Cock-whore-o lusts for the milkman's milkstick. She's tired of fatshit not being able to find his penis with both hands and a mirror. He'd trade her in for a pizza.

milkboi is a pathetic drug addicted twinklet
futoshi stronk und healthy

It's entirely his MO for the first half of the series. When he finally gets into the robot, he's not done until the Angel is down or he is.

Literally down to the wire in multiple episodes

I still believe that one day we'll get a proper Muv-Luv adaptation that saves Mecha. It's hard to believe there isn't already one, actually, since they have animated the fucking spinoffs.

>mecha part of nge
The only one i don't care about.

Health at every size is a lie, you fat piece of shit.

futoshi is strongfat

>Mecha is officially dead
t. another TTGLfag who doesn't know what mecha is

Mecha died with Mazinger Z, everything after has been shit