Name a moment more hype than this in shonen history. I'll wait

name a moment more hype than this in shonen history. I'll wait.

I fucking hate you, Akamatsu

When I read this in the manga, was pretty hype.

What the motherfuck is that gif?

i admit, that was pretty good. naruto had the best hype moments.
i wonder if it's just nostalgia and if i might hate a rewatch. opinions?

The stuff like the Chuunin Exam and Sound Four arcs are good because Naruto & Sasuke themselves are barely in them.

IF YOU WANNA SEE SOME ACTION

>battleplan is just trying to outspeed or bruteforce gaara's sandshit
>far from even being the first time a character drops weights
>hype

When Naruto arrives at konoha as a sage is probably the hypest moment in that series

>makeagif

Fuck off Narutard

Shanks and Whitebeard meeting up was pretty good.

it's the execution and characters even in the fight that matter. it wouldn't be as hype if it wasn't some goofball like rock lee fighting a prodigy like gara.

ez

Haikyuu honestly has so many.

This

would've been cooler if Goku didn't do it first.

I rewatched about half of it so far including shippuden and I'm enjoying it. I don't think it's nostalgia either. When I rewatch DBZ I just think "man this is stupid" but when I watch naruto again it's like "man, this is still kinda cool". Different strokes and all that.

step it up fampai

big dick whitebeard

yep

holy shit is that the actual translation?

This one for me was never toped.

no, but is the best pic that i could find

Thumbs up for Getter Robo

These are very high in the ranking, good taste anons

It’s really more about how they do it, this build up, to the shots themselves, the emphasis they put on no one ever getting the upper hand.
It works as a nice surprise and glimmer of hope.

I guess that’s to be expected though, Kishi always has the best fight writing and choreography of the big three.

Way better execution here.

The first time he gets drunk and fights bone man.

I specifically recall Yuromeshi doing the same thing with spirit weight during his tournament fight, and it was cool, but I was not hyped for it. Rock Lee was pretty brutally dismissed for a while and Gaara really played up as not only evil, but possibly literally unbeatable. I don't know, I guess if you are too much of a soyboy you wouldn't understand how cool it was to see such a disadvantaged character go ham. I went and bought ankle weights the day after I saw this shit.

This

Early Naruto is a series which simultaneously has perfect examples on how to Start a shonen and how NOT to End a shonen.

Hidden Mist/Zabuza arc is THE benchmark first arc. Everything about it works. Chuunin Exams come at the right time, introduce a ton of diverse and interesting characters roughly on Naruto's level, and have plenty of interesting scenarios, including Lee vs Gaara which is another benchmark.

Once Orochimaru crashes the exams the entire series hits a gradual declines that never stops until it ends (outside of maybe 8-12 great fights between Orochimaru vs 3rd Hokage and the end of the fucking series). It's decent for a while afterwards but it doesn't have a character or moment that really sets a high standard like Zabuza or Lee dropping the weights. The fact that it got dragged out so fucking long doesn't help.

true

It's not very hype in restrospect because Lee loses, his ideology is proven wrong because the special snowflakes were the literally most powerful all along.

Goku going Blanco

Wrong. It takes time and dedication but Might Gai proved the philosophy was right in the end. Might Gai proved himself to be stronger than any and all of the Kage, including Madara and so on, and he was self taught. If the writers aren't hacks, Rock Lee will become the literal strongest ninja alive.

I've been reading the Keijo!!!!!!!! manga lately I'm constantly surprised at how solid of a shonen it is beneath the obvious silliness/sex appeal of the premise.

Not a GOAT contender but pic related was actually really good. I actually fell for the strategy the characters put together without it feeling like it was bullshit I as the reader never could've guessed.

I was surprised at how badass Musashi ended up being.

If One Punch Man counts as shounen, then this, more than Lee vs Gaara or more than Goku vs Freezer.

>literally sonic blanco
We DBS now.

Still the best OP arc

It absolutely does. It's only categorized differently because it heavily parodies it, but in terms of structure, especially when Saitama isn't involved, it's very much shonen. The joke is that there's just one guy that breaks all the rules of shonen narrative that's the MC.

>shonen
Are you stupid ?

Gurren Lagann is generic terrible shounen shit disguised as something else with a meme premise, meme art style, and meme dialogue. It's overrated shit.

This final battle

Woah-oh YEEEEAAAH

Asspull powerups: the arc.

Marineford may not be the best written arc, but it was the most hype, simply because we got to see the top tiers flex their muscles

>JoJo
gross

lol WORD!

Try learning what the words you use mean.
And using less buzzwords.

The foundation of the series premise has some faults, but the first couple arcs of the series really are fantastic.

mai nigga

snk has so many great hype moments, even though it seemed like an asspull at the time this is one of my favorites

Okay but why didn't it wreck the floor and shit every time he jumped around with those weights on?

agreed, this entire arc was probably the best of the entire series

>b-buzzwordsz!!!
TTGLfags are the worst people on Sup Forums

I rewatched it recently. A few parts of it are still fun. In particular, the Zabuza arc, lee vs Gaara, stuff with Jiraiya and 3rd vs Orochimaru and the Sasuke chase fights were good. Those bits are surrounded by shit though. Out of the 100 or so episodes in the original show I would say 60-65 are total shit.

I disagree strongly. I think it was solid up until the Pain Invasion arc and Naruto defeating Nagato was solid but even following that, it remained pretty decent. I also am finding myself disagreeing with a lot of popular criticisms of Naruto. Specifically, these concepts

>Naruto is a story of an underdog who grows strong but then became a story about Ninja jesus who was destined to be the Ninja King
Every ability Naruto had, he had to work his ass off to learn, save for the six paths power that got handed to him. And we're shown how much he must struggle to learn these things that are exceedingly difficult, yet things only he can learn i.e. Rasengan, Sage Mode, Kyuubi Mode. But since the very beginning they stated over and over how much different he is for having the Nine tails sealed inside him and for having way more of his own chakra than anyone else. So he was always slated to come out on the top eventually, BUT it wasn't just handed to him.

>Nobody gets development outside Naruto and Sasuke
Some characters get cast aside but plenty of them got developed fairly, at the least getting a back story and an arc with a fight to show off their strength. Many of them support Naruto and Sasuke up until the very end - it's only after Hagaromo gives them literal super powers that they are so far above everyone but by this point, the series is almost over so it's not surprising they ended it on a "save the world with your strength" note.

>Naruto "Talk-No-Jutsus" everyone in the series
With the exception of Nagato, Gaara and Obito, no other villain gets that. Nobody. None of the other Akatsuki, Madara, Orochimaru, Kaguya etc. And the whole thing about Naruto being able to make friends with everyone easily for his personality gets stated multiple times throughout, so it's a given that they would have actual demonstrations of this

>meme meme meme overrated meme shonen is a genre meme
Fuck right off Sup Forums tard.

>meme meme meme overrated meme shonen is a genre meme
Fuck right off Sup Forumstard.

>lol i copied ur speed bro
Anyone else hate this shit?

Came to this thread expecting to see yusuke vs toguro. Fucking neo/a/.

Not even the best one m8

ahhhhhh so gud

I can't. I started training with my own leg weight because of this.

kaguya's arc was better

goku going super saiyan

Isn't even the hypest moment in naruto OP

Here you go OP

>2 chapters of every single formerly defeated character being summoned and using their ultimate spells that they got offed before they unlocked
>finally characters rocket up to space to do the final blow
>which ends up being a planet sized fucking megazord dragon

done

>lol i copied ur speed bro
That never happened.

I hope we get a fight as good as this ever again.

Unf.
Azuma gets serious once and it fucking destroys Suwabaras life forever.

Don't know how Zatch got to out hype itself time after time.

>Shonen

Just for you, user.

Thanks user

I'd say this was pretty hype considering we had to wait for like 100+ chapters for ANYTHING to happen.

>watching shonen
how shit do you presume my taste is?

>y-you probably don't like Naruto b-because you're a soyboy
gee I wonder which board this shining example of our community is visiting from

Speaking about part 1 Naruto, anyone got chills when pic related happened? As a kid it was scary to see Akamaru against Sakon and Ukon and after how Choji and Neji ended up after their fights it only added to this moment.

Pain arc was amazing but getting to it is a slog and the arcs after it are where naruto finally jumps the shark for good.

I can't
Rock Lee is unironically my favorite character from that fucking show. Probably one of my favorites period. I thought the anime was trash but he made me like the episodes he was in.

His portrayal in English was so bad it made me hate watching anything in English

That whole episode was hillarious.

I prefer the part where Seiya sees through Aioria's Lightning Plasma, dodges through it and hits Aioria.