Your journey through the rabithole that is anime

Come on what was it? What pushed you over the edge? For me it was Bakemonogatari. I have always watched anime like DragonBall Z and Ultimate muscle etc but it was pretty casual. What was the point of no return for you?

It was also probably bakemonogatari for me.

Bakemonogatari for me too.

Love Hina.

Kare Kano.

>Bakemonogatari
Currently on episode 6. Should I finish it? Also, I think hitagi is kind of creepy and weird.

eva when it was being aired

detective conan

the desire to know if he undercovers the black organization pushed me to search for cartoons episodes on the internet, which for me was only for homeworks until than point

after learning to search for ''anime'' and watching all the episodes, I had to resort to the manga. 15 years later and I start to doubt I'll ever learn about the black organization

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure unironically got me back into watching anime after I took an almost 4 year break from it completely and I was pretty casual about it before.
Now I watch stuff like Monogatari series too and it's probably one of my higher rated series.

NGE.
My local TV station started airing it with subs. Watched first couple eps, didn't really care for it, ignored it for weeks.

Later on, I accidentally saw the part where Shinji's Eva is forced to rip up his buddy's berserk Eva, with tons of giga-gore happening.
After witnessing that, I just had to know WTF had happened while I wasn't watching, and my first venture to P2P filesharing started the very same evening.
I still remember those ~30-60 Megabyte sized Avis I found of all the episodes. The resolution must've been like 240p, audio compressed to hell and back... but that didn't bother me one bit at the time.

You all know how it goes afterwards: series ends, there's suddenly a gaping hole in your life, and you start looking for more stuff to fill it. I literally did everything from Elfen Lied to Azumanga next, simultaneously even.

The 4th season of Yu-Gi-Oh! GX that was never dubbed.

i want to go back in time

Yes.
>mfw when all Germans made it to anime because of Biene Maja, Conan or Heidi

The years of being treated like the hired help at private school because poor then having women literally crawling on me in college followed by depression for not wanting to fuck them then and there and subsequent alcoholism had more to do with sitting still and staring long enough for it to seep into my skin.

Hellsing. The TV one.

>tfw for Finns, it was Moomins and Silver Fang

Sailor Moon. Looked kinda weird at first but 11 year old me was impressed with the transformation scene which caught my attention and I kept watching. After that I learned about the whole anime shit(which I called manga initially)
It was the first one that made me realize it's something separate from cartoons. Before that I had seen stuff like Voltron, Saber rider and the star sheriffs, mysterious cities of gold but I just figured they were done by the same studio or something because of similar character design and the way backgrounds were drawn.

FMA or Death Note probably. I know they’re both almost entry-level, but I had them both recommended in college and they were gateway into anime in general.
Incidentally, the Monogatari series was probably the first niche thing I watched. Seems to be a common trend.
Right now I’m in the middle of the shift to Moe appreciation since the last 3 shows I’ve enjoyed were SSR, Yuru Camp, and Place Farther than the Universe.

Rozen Maiden.

I think Project a-ko and silver fang were what hooked me back then. Guess moomins as well but I didn't realize that was anime until much later.

this and then clannad and the rest is history

i personally found it incredibly boring, but apparently people find it really interesting so I'd say give it a shot. If you don't like it don't continue with the series.

That one time I rented a vhs of berserk from blockbuster in 4th grade.

Lucky Star
Kagami is still mai waifu ~

Saint Seiya

Are you me?
Haibara has been my waifu ever since I saw this moment on TV.