This kid obviously has some sort of mental issues...

>This kid obviously has some sort of mental issues. Let's just ostracise him and treat him like a monster instead of getting him the help he needs
Japan everyone.

>These kids obviously has some sort of mental issues.
>Let's dismantle mental healthcare and pull all of that savings into increasing CIA budget for global mayhem making.
>Wow, why do these school shootings keep happening?

America everyone.

Yeah, Japanese culture is not friendly to people with psychological disorders. Having a mental health issue there is something you literally have to keep secret from everyone outside of your family (and often even from your family) because you basically get treated like defective trash over there for it.

GURORIOUS NIPPON ICHIBAN NAMBA WAN NEEHSHION

It's definitely getting better but the older generation has too much influence.

What said. Although things are really exaggerated for effect in anime, manga and LN/VNs, there's always some truth about the Japanese people's attitudes about things in them.

EBURISHINGU FAINU, SUWIIPPU SHEEMFURU FAKTSU ANDA DA KAAPETTO, ROOKU BISSHI, MEEKU HAPPI SMAIRU FOA PUBURIKKU.

HAASSHU RIARITI TSU MACCHU, TSU SUTORESSINGU ANDA SHEEMFURU, MEEKUSU MII KURASHU IINTSU SURAMBAA

With all the old people, must be a lot of people suffering from dementia.

>Japan everyone.
I believe you mean america

Seeing as the thread's already being derailed, lemme ask you a question.
What is responsible for the growing number of school shootings over in America?

Well, you are defective trash for having it.

Internet makes it easy to meet other crazies so you don't have to grow out of being edgy.

Poor investment into metal health as well as a culture that sees it not as a bad thing but something that makes you unique.
Compared to the reality of the school system which is designed to make you conform to that of the zeitgeist of the kids in your level and to a lesser extent the school administration's wishes.

Is wrong in that he thinks the internet amplifies the crazies, it instead mitigates them and gives people catharsis.

So it's the opposite thing the Japanese do. The Japanese isolate, Americans embrace.
Neither of which are right.

Everyone salute this fucking patriot.

No, American propaganda is heavily weighted towards the "embrace everyone we have no real differences" meme at the moment, while the reality is that people will form groups that exclude others (cliches) in highschool, that just so happen to abandon those that won't fit in to any, so you have the conflicting message of "people will accept you" but won't in reality.
Japan is "better" in that both sources are aligned, you will be isolated and you're told you should accept being isolated.

You'd think people from a wealthy nation the whole word admires (and/or fears) can afford to have better insight into human nature.
People have always banded together - the US is significantly more invidualistic than most Asian countries, but that doesn't mean that people won't form their own groups and cliques.

It's mostly because of how the SC went AWOL during 60's and 70's

Old people related mental issues get a pass due to the massive amount of veneration that elders get in Japanese culture.
Old people with degenerative disorders aren't something you'd talk about over there but you still have to respect the old person for being old and can't hate them for being demented as a result like you can with young people.

Shitty, underfunded public education system + shitty, underfunded public mental healthcare (or public healthcare in general) + easily available guns literally fucking everywhere = Lots of school shootings.

Really not a hard thing to work out honestly user.

no person is trash

>no person is trash

This episode showed how thin the line between comedy and horror is. The same story could have been easily turned into a dark story with a terrifying ending.

There's no money for big comapines if people are healthy happy and sane as a rule.

The means for making ourselves healthy content and protect ourselves means fewer ways to control the populace and more ideas popping up that will make things bad for people in power.

>can afford to have better insight into human nature.
that's exactly the reason they make shit up to make the dumb commoners feel good

He was miserable, angry, and violent. Why wouldn't he be ostracised? The fact that it's not his fault doesn't make him less unpleasant and dangerous to be around.

Those things can happen in poorer, shittier countries for sure and nobody starts shooting each other.
School shootings seem to be a fad in usa.

I love this show by the way

>Shitty, underfunded public education system
Shit yeah, underfunded, not so much.
It's more misallocated than underfunded.
>shitty, underfunded public mental healthcare (or public healthcare in general)
Public healthcare is a fucking meme that economies can't actually sustain, like that of SS.

good, people in europe run around spouting their "mental illness" constantly, blaming all their failures on shit like bipolar disorder that they may or may not even have

The kid who shot up florida was on those ADHD drugs that turn you into an unfeeling mass murdering terminator.

t. took those drugs before

That too, you get lots of publicity for shooting up your (former) classmates. Infame is also a form of fame.
America is just fucked on all levels

The trick is not to take them as prescribed, but grind them up with the back of a spoon and snort them on the weekends for fun.

SC=Subculture?

It seems like we sit at the extremes of "pander to all disabilities" or "pander to none at all." Its suppose it could be similar to being charitable through deciding to give to the deserving or undeserving poor, but now we have that choice less and less by the gubmint.

Its a combination of things that causes it.
>Shitty parents which would hit their children like a bully rather than talk to them and address their issues like an adult. Fucks them up more permanently than anything else.
>Huge increases in prescriptions for pharma drugs that alter mental states
>Lack of intervention by the people around him. Notice how everyone said that they weren't really surprised by the most recent kid.
>Violent vidya or media (not normally, but only in those that are unstable due to above) which act as romanticized simulations
>Possible deep-state involvement to create and/or help these individuals, like access to arms

>tfw udon falls out of pockets

I actually believe that an Sup Forumsnon would make a better parent than the average parent in the US. Yeah, there are going to be some people who will groom their daughter into being their sex slave, but it can't be helped. An user would probably want their kid to have a better life than they do, and they'll do everything in their capacity to do it.

>Japan everyone.

More like everywhere. Well, it varies from ostracization to complete isolation, but still.

Better than sending your kid to the shooting block called school America

Its an unfortunate part of reality that we can't protect everyone, but that's the price you have to pay for allowing relative individual freedom of choice in their lives.

I know that in the case of Shouko if I went back to that age, I probably wouldn't have been friendly with her in retrospect compared to now. I know I was bullied a bit, but then I did some myself to other kids, partly vicious sarcasm and jokes that hurt a lot of people (mostly girl classmates). When I was a kid as punishment to disobedience all that my parents did was yell at me to stop aggressively and do their bidding or hit me. They didn't give reasons, they just bullied me into submission at the time. Now though that I'm older, honestly the only reason I can really think of that they don't do the same tactic anymore (when I live at their house for rent saving but work/pay for myself) is that they can't do anything to me physically anymore, because I'd be more than capable of hitting back. Its like with a lot of chores around the house, they don't even ask me to do them even though I'd be more than happy to help usually.

Little kids are so much smarter than most parents realize. Just ask them what they're thinking about and why and you get an interesting perspective most of the time. I always love being around them.

Jap/koreans are pretty fucked. If there is any mentally unstable person, their first reaction is to move away as faraway from them and talk about how someone should get the police or how crazy people should be put in jail.

t.korean

Jesus, is there no psychiatric lobby there? No PSAs? No education on mental health?

>Sup Forumsnon would make a better parent than the average parent in the US
That's not saying much.
>there are going to be some people who will groom their daughter into being their sex slave
It may be less than you imagine.

I was just about to say this.
Did you faggots forget high school?
Let me refresh your memory, everyone is an asshole and would think the worst of you if you weren't in their social club.
I remember plenty of kids that were horribly bullied and told to kill themselves, even people who were generally quiet.
You either had thick skin and kept up with the bantz, acted like a weirdo so people would leave you alone, dealt with the shit and moved on when school was over, or grabbed a gun and kill everyone you could before you offed yourself.
It isn't just a Japan thing, people are genuinely awful, especially kids.

Not him, but that's a thing in Eastern Europe to a degree, too. Maybe not as drastic, but people isolate mentally-unstable and people who aren't "alright with the head". If you have a recorded visit to the "madhouse", even for a short depressive episode, you pretty much can't find a high-paying job since people will distrust you. Visits to various doctors and medical facilities, disabilities, and vaccinations are all written down in a "notebook", which most, but not all, employers look at, so you can't really hide that.
In recent years school psychs have upped their game and have started being way more serious. They weren't much of a thing about 15 years ago, when I were a highschooler, but every school has one of these now, and they're extremely serious.

Its been pretty long since ive been in that place, so i am not sure.

If for comparison, i know a chinese kid who used to be considered as the dumb kid of his peers, always distracted and unable to focus. They never really did anything about it, they just left him as it is

Then he moved to canada and he was diagnosed with adhd. Now he goes to a worldclass university in north america

distrust your capacity for that job*

Technology and awareness.
Terrible shit happens all the time in the world, however it's easier to keep it to date with all the awful atrocities thanks to technology. Aside from that, it's also easier to get weapons, not like a walk in the park, but if you really want a gun to shoot up your school, it doesn't matter what laws are in place, you will find a way.
Terrible shit happens and people who act like they care probably don't and are only participating in discussion for personal gain, be it to push an agenda, ad revenue, or getting people to like you by acting sincere.
I imagine there are people who do actually care, but the minority that use these situations for personal gain are much louder.

Americans have it easy compared to asia. In america, the teachers actually stand up for you or at least try to do something about it even if it worsens the problem

In korea, they just note the bad kid and let them figure it out by themselves. They are extremely conformatory, which bolsters the problem. Not to mention, they get fucking creative with how degrading they make you.
The faft that they are even more stressed from national exam amplifies the entire problem.

T. Bullied kid in korea

That's how it is in most countries still.

There's also the infamy element to the whole thing, since media is so ubiquitous these days, some impressionable kids get "inspired" by these people. Whether the shooter had some master plan to give birth to future shooters, or just thought killing everyone would be one hell of a way to go out (plus, the whole country would get to know his name), the media has a large influence. Even if the news of shootings were blocked on TV channels, it wouldn't do much damage to this behaviour; young people these days don't even watch TV for fuck's sake - they get their news from the internet, where there is very little control over the authenticity of the article. You can generally trust the TV channels, since they have a reputation at stake, but some random website on the internet? Anyone can write anything.