Golem Hearts

Press "F" to pay respects...

did it get axed?

>Chapter 15
Gee I dunno, did it?

wdf I thought we was going places then all of the sudden this holy shit.

I really don't get nips. Everything about this felt so generic, just like black clover, yet GH is axed and BC keeps going.

GH felt like original jump
BC felt more like plagerizism of all the other jumps

The mangaka literally skipped the entire journey and gave us the MC at his goal. Cant say i saw this on a axed series.

> BC felt more like plagerizism of all the other jumps
All other shounens.

What can you expect from the same population that loves shit like kemono friends so much

BC gives them Narutobux in their eyes

I bet that time skip pissed all the readers off. I also didn't like any of the characters introduced. Only the main character and creator was enjoyable.
They also tried to set up the whole edgy rival crap.

I kinda digged the oneshot, but the first chapter of the series was shitty, so was the others following it.
Shame that it got axed, always sad seeing series die, even if they deserve it.

I liked Golem Hearts. It's wasn't original, but it was a fun combination of archetypes. It's strange how some series get given time to grow but some get killed immediately.

Black Clover is far better than this, and I don't even like Black Clover. Nonsense powers that aren't explained, boring fights, an incredibly stupid world that is poorly developed, and all the side characters were shitty and forgettable. This was fucking terrible.

BC came out at a time where they needed something to fill in the gap that Bleach, Naruto and World Trigger (RIP author) left.

The only reason why it's still there is because they needed it to be there and it had time to grow and plant its roots so that axing it for a new series is too risky a move.

Black Clover has everything that appeals to edgy kids while GH did not

Do mangakas ever recover from being axed early and start new series or it's over for them?

Horikoshi did

Horikoshi has been axed twice in WSJ before Hero Academia.

Barrage and Oumagadoki Zoo were cut early but the latter lasted a bit longer than normal.

BC is generic but it's a good kids series.

I loved all the characters

Give them back

Could've been interesting, if he was given some time and didn't have to rush everything in an attempt to stay alive. Pity desu.

Also surprisingly this, especially the female characters were fun.

So how did it lose readers?

It never got them i believe. That's why i think the whole ToC ranking thing is kinda stupid, who's gonna vote a new series over the rest of them, that he follows for so long?

I honestly wasn't invested in the rivalry or the characters. The premise was neat, a self aware golem seeking to be the best in his field. But speaking personally, the whole "I'm going to be the number 1 in [insert field]" is such an overplayed trope in shonen in particular, and WSJ specifically I don't blame people for not getting interested in this series.

Better luck next time.

What happened? I only saw the oneshot.

I really liked OZ, but if it had to dis for hero academia to live then god speed nobel manga who beats the fuck out of the MC girl for comedy

Bad timing, most of the magazine is already filled with consistent series, it stood no chance.

It got through an arc then in one chapter raped up and ended. Still better ending then Negima or HSDK

>The premise was neat, a self aware golem seeking to be the best in his field. But speaking personally, the whole "I'm going to be the number 1 in [insert field]" is such an overplayed trope in shonen in particular,
I think, if it had been allowed to have a normal run, Noah's main goal would be to collect and repair those other special golems like himself. The whole "I wanna be no.1!" was more about making Lamech the top Arcanist, so it had that nice little twist so i didn't mind it desu.

At least it gave the MC and his dad a happy ending instead of the usual 'and the adventure continues' crap that axed manga usually have.

You literally described black clover. At least lamech was fun, and nosh is significantly less annoying than asta. Not to mention while golem hearts is generic, it's at least not paint by the numbers BC levels generic. I don't understand why this got axed and BC didn't. Does it co down to art style?

>I don't understand why this got axed and BC didn't. Does it co down to art style?
As said, BC came at a time when WSJ needed new series so it was able to stick around, and it managed to gather a following at that time so it was harder to axe (no reason really, it's kinda popular from what i see and sells, i didn't like it thought and dropped it). Golem Hearts didn't have that luxury.

Respectful bump.

It's the same thing with Samon-kun. If it debuted a year later, it would stay, seeing how many gag series are ending now.