Junji Ito Collection

Today's episode has My Dear Ancestors and The Circus is Here.

>My Dear Ancestors
The guy with a really long head?

Do you guys think we will get more popular stories like amigara fault?

We go over this every thread. Amigara Fault was not part of the collection this series is adapting. It was a short story published alongside Gyo.

Today's episode is sponsored by lunch money of a local middle school boy.

Holy shit, what the fuck is wrong with 8th episodes?
Yuru Camp also had a lot of quality.

Death March too. Did everyone run out of budget?

You guys act like there was a single episode of this that WASN'T full on QUALITY.

I would go to a Circus if real ones were this good.

It wasn't as awful as in this one. At least they tried to keep Ito's artstyle in the close ups. They couldn't even handle that in this episode.

Looks like you haven't seen this one.

>CGI ancestors monster
I haven't even seen it and it's already shit

Every week.

Fucking hell, the Hellshake Yano bit from last week's PTE had better animation that this.

When the clowns drag the tightrope walker bodies in they have polka dot clown pants on.

>It wasn't as awful as in this one.

I love this.

>are you upset.jpg

Throat singing outta nowhere, I like it.

Spooky QUALITY.

it's even worse than that
>CGI door

Is Tomie a feminist icon?

>circus
The fuck did I just watch?

Usually I do not complain about QUALITY that much, but what the fuck, Deen.

I'm enjoying Pupa season 2.

This is no pupa though.Choose your meme correctly.

don't remind me

>overhyped
>censored as fuck
>low quality animation
It's definitely pupa.

The numbering of the stories makes less sense every week. I think one of next week's stories will be Blood-bubble Bushes (58) but I'm not sure if the other one is 12 or 72, it's a bit hard to make out. Either way it'd be a Tomie story which has to be wrong since they're saving those for the OVAs.

Maybe the numbering skips over the Tomie stories?

>pupa
>overhyped
>this series
>censored as fuck
What made pupa was the retarded/out of place censoring a la terra formars not because its censored, plenty of series get censored.

If you'd remove those none of the current numbers would make sense and I have no idea which other stories would count in their place instead. I guess the other story next week might be Thing that Drifted Ashore? Though that should be 73 instead of 72.

I don't get it why they just show the numbers instead of the chapter names.

ito didnt intend it but she is now

They really fucked up with this one.

They didn't even bother to draw his mustache here.

Holy shit.

Why would a character that shows a typical 3dpd sluts true manipulative nature be a feminist symbol? A lot of Junji Ito characters are little redpills like that which makes me wonder about his past.

this girl has some ear-piercing screams

Tomie is a strong independent woman.

Ito portrays human relationships in a realistic manner, neither idiolized bullshit nor contrarian edge. That's why even if they're on the side of the stories they're so believable.

Literal midget proportions.

Low effort

>Why would a character that shows a typical 3dpd sluts true manipulative nature be a feminist symbol?
In these days? Why wouldn't it be?

He's a demon, he's constantly shape shifting. Only the most experienced eye can notice the nuances of his deliberate changes, as if mocking the forgetful mortals.

>Butchered Junji Ito adaptation and butchered Yume Nikki reimagining on the same day

>still no Hanging Balloons
They're probably going to butcher it anyway

The worse the animation gets, the more I enjoy it for some reason. I think it gives the show a creepy vibe. Like, the first few episodes were pretty weak, but I'm strting to like it lately.

i wish each main character boy/girl pairing didn't look the same besides spiky or smooth hair.

Maybe you're unironically like it ironically now.

What baffles me is that the circus manager has all the inbetweens

>tfw
its my favourite story and its going to be shit, cant imagine how much QUALITY will go into those giant heads

I've just lowered my standards for every kind of media out there or I can't enjoy anything.

I think it's pretty cool, the characters are irrilevant, it's all about what happens to them. It feels like everything is some spooky story someone is narrating you.

All this QUALITY made for a truly horrifying experience.

true

>bitching about a horror series getting mediocre quality
Fucking faggots, horror thrives on B-grade quality.
If you want high quality 'horror' go watch some edgy shit with explosions.

Man, as much as I enjoy Ito's work this is a new low in QUALITY.

>being shit makes it good

Fuck off DEEN. The manga thrived on having fantastic art and the show looks like a pile of shit.

I laughed so hard at this scene.
This is how Ito is meant to be enjoyed. Laughing while wondering what the hell is going on

Man that's not QUALITY anymore, it's just not giving a shit.

Yeah, I agree. They just could not care less.

>muh thick outlines

Ito's art is solid but generic at worst. Picked a random page.

I doubt you know what the word "generic" means. Try thinking of one better descriving the thing wanted to express.

is the toad her womb
hot

This episode was three times the quality of the previous episodes.

I could almost forgive the powerpoint animation, but some of these faces I refuse to believe were drawn by any self respecting human being that calls themselves an artist.

>Mfw it turns out the DEEN production team are all disgusting monstrosities like in Ito's works and are deliberately trying to sabotage the anime to keep their true identities a secret.

Try being underpaid and with limited time

Reminder that 99% of the budget went into Tomie.

Ito JUST

How about using a 5 year olds fridge drawings, you wouldn't have to pay them at all.

>horror thrives on being bad

I just think its a shtick for clowns doing their dumb entry.

If you're using the list I once posted here, it's incomplete, so it could be off

Not like it matters, because I think DEEN simply fucked up the order to begin with
My dear ancestors definitely was published in Nemuki Vol. 29 (1996-01-20)
Yet is has a higher number than the crossroad pretty boy / Long dream which both came after it

It would be fine if it was B grade. This is probably closer to D.

This show is pretty retarded. They should not sell it as horror, but as grotesque comedy.
I'm only watching to see what absurd nonsense they come up with. Or actually what Itoshit they'll dig out.

>junji's works finally get an anime adaption
>It's this

The true horror

I wish there were less "completely no animation" moments and stuff where mouth doesn't even nearly match what is said so that it wouldn't immersion break so badly.

Do not engage ironic anime watchers.

>They should not sell it as horror, but as grotesque comedy.
>I'm only watching to see what absurd nonsense they come up with.
but that is literally the main appeal of the original manga works as well. ito isn't scary but WTF LMAO guro stuff.

I can't even buy a bag of potato chips with the money spent in this episode.

Where can I read Gyo now? Mangadex doesn't have it and kissmanga is unusable.

Then the series appeals to me. Although not much. I won't ever rewatch it.

google junji ito index

Ito's work is better described as grotesque, but saying that justifies having what's a contender for the shittiest anime quality ever is pretty dumb.

I'm honestly still enjoying this show. It's the one of the only shows Im still anticipating when it comes out, besides Colors and Slow Start. I think part of the reason is this It's just funny. It's like they started with that first episode to clue people in that it was a silly show. It's my surprise of the season, somehow.

I can't believe Mario is fucking dead.

Reading between the lines here, this story is about the disappearance of this show's budget, and it truly is horrifying.

When did green clown die? I don't remember this.
The ringmaster clearly said only one clown was left, the orange one.

Maybe he was the human rocket?

Animating him was to expensive so they just skipped his death

Someone has to clean up the tent and shit.

Why did the girl stop running away?
It felt like something was missing in the episode.

She lost her sanity and as a result her mind was broken