Episode 131: "Goku, Until We Meet Again..."

Is this it? Is Dragon Ball Super really over?

Are we going to have to wait 16 years ago for a new series? Is this even going to tie into Uub and End of Z at all? And where the fuck is Lord Frasier?

gay shit should be banned

>Is this even going to tie into Uub and End of Z at all?

Yes, obviously the final episode is a retelling of EoZ with him leaving with Uub. What do you think "Until we meet again" means?

>Are we going to have to wait 16 years ago for a new series?
There's a movie announced for December and Goku is the official mascot for the Olympics so most probably he'll return at 2019. Nostalgic reboots like Gegege no Kitaro tend to run for 52 episodes.

>Is this even going to tie into Uub and End of Z at all?
That was the plan since the beginning. Only Sup Forumstards seriously believed Uub was retconned.

>And where the fuck is Lord Frasier?
Frasier? I think he had a show recently but was cancelled

We've got a title for episode 131 but not 130?

>There's a movie announced for December

The movie is not about Goku
>"The film's theme will be "Saiyans: The strongest fighting race in the universe," and will depict the "origin" of the strength of the Saiyan race."

>seeing another mans' chiseled chest is """gay"'"

well someone's clearly insecure in their sexuality.

It could mean he's finally achieved Migatte no Gokui and he's reached a permanent, Angelic power up. Then in the end he might leave with Zenoh and the angels for some time.

130 is just something about a "Super Showdown". Basically full throttle Jiren vs Goku Blanco, animation budget out the roof, etc.

>"I know this is cheap Niles, but you can just call this... Golden Fraiser. At last, I've become the pinnacle of radio psychiatry! It seems I was correct to pursue further education..."

Also it just seems very interesting that within 3 episodes, we could see Goku get shittershocked, then go Blanco, then shove Jiren's shit in, then Frasier pulls out whatever card he has left under his sleeve, then the series closes out with Goku meeting Uub and going to train with him or whatever.

I mean they're really going to wrap all this stuff up and hiatus the series indefinitely? It all seems a bit much.

So? It's about the Dragon Ball universe and I wouldn't be surprised if they add Goku somehow. Besides, Toei has been begging to Toriyama for a long time to focus on other characters besides Goku, like Gohan, Goten and Trunks, so this could be an experiment

The thing is they keep advertising this as "The Greatest Dragon Ball film ever made" and so on. It seems peculiar that the pinnacle of the films would never feature Goku or any of his friends and focus on presumably, a group of ancient Saiyans or one that obtained the power of a God or what have you.

but we are all knew (except toei) saiyajins when recovering from near death they gain exp/power boost

S

I still don't see the problem. Nips worship the Bardock special and Goku only appears as a baby. Considering it's not on sunday mornings, they could make it PG-12 and target the oldfags with edgyness and some ultraviolence

I’m glad this nightmare is finally ending. Super was a mistake

>he thinks it's over.

Glad no one cares about faggots like you because this series would have never had a resurgence or caused games like FighterZ or even Xenoverse 1/2 to get produced if it weren't for the two recent films and Super. The best part will be waiting for the superior English surround sound version of the show to be slowly released over time, in a way this hiatus might be a good thing.

Now Dragon Ball has never been more popular, even considering the 90s and early 2000s.

But we get games every couple years anyway

>Nips worship the Bardock special
Part of that has to do with the fact that he looks just like Goku and the other part is because it's a legitimately great special, up there as one of DBs best. Feels more like they're trying to capture that magic again, though with the damage Super's done to the brand I doubt it'll be that great.

yes but now we have games people actually give a shit about that are actually good. plus there's a never ending stream of new content relating to super that's added to these games over time.

just wait until you get queued against Goku Blanco, Jiren and SSJ2 Kefla all at once on FighterZ ladder.

Super made Dragon Ball more successful than Z or GT or anything before Super and the two related ever did. Hate it all you want: The reason Dragon ball is one of the biggest and most popular anime franchises RIGHT NOW is because of Super.

Threads like this always make me glad no one ever takes the opinions of Sup Forums neckbeards seriously.

>superior English surround sound
Fucking this. I can't stand the Jap voices for DB for whatever reason, particularly Granny Goku. Maybe I'm too used to the dub since that's what I grew up with, but goddamn do they make the show better.

GT isn't canon

The films caused Xenoverse 1 and some of 2. Super was pure DLC in 2. Not to mention both of those games are actual trash with dying playerbases. Get fucked, just because Super brought this franchise back from the dead doesn’t mean it’s good. Toei and Toyo are parading around a corpse of a franchise that should’ve stayed buried. At least then it’d keep its dignity and not turn into this deviantart-tier mess

That number has dropped by a lot

Remember where you’re posting, shill. Nobody’s gonna take your opinion seriously either

>the kind of junk food I like sells more than yours therefore I'm superior
I thought only Goku was supposed to be retarded but if the fans also turn out this way, well, it's nothing if not fitting

> 17 lives
NANI

Superfags will never not be stupid

westeners BTFO

S

U

With a new movie in the horizon? Yep, absolutely. Surely, they won't leave a vague plot point hanging at the end of it to milk the franchise even further, not a chance

P

P

E

R

Dinner

Jiren is CUTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

>ui goku isn't enough to beat jiren
>ui goku is now enough to beat jiren

what did i miss

RATA DE MIERDA

UI wasn't actually UI, it was some weird incomplete pre-UI form. goku blanco is actual UI

No way, I don't believe it! Freeza is getting rung out tomorrow, then goku beats jiren next week.

Goku and Jiren will tie and Frieza will be the reason they win. It's fucking obvious at this point, come on.

Will 2019 be the return of the anime? Will anything every top Ultra Instinct? Where will they go from here?

>rung out tomorrow
Sorry user,there's a marathon for some show tomorrow. We only have the next two weeks, then another break, follow by Super wrapping up until the movie in December.

HIJO LA PERRAAAAAAAAA

End of Z is happening (incoming spoilered figure that seems to have the EoZ gi)

That's normal for fighters tho. Only people that play fighters since forever keep playing. Casuals most likely just play arcade and story and are done with the game. Even more with such casualized game that doesn't teach you shit.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO PLEASE GOKU-SAMA SPARE MY ASS

wakey wakey, Superfags.

>The otakubait-tier lolicon designs of the girls compared to the traditional design of the protagonist

Ugh

How do you feel about the greatest OTP in the DB franchise?

dragon ball super really is for dummies

one of the worst written shows I have ever seen

you got the translation of the CHADhan one?

Mai is the best thing to come out of super

Wakey Wakey, Kitaro fans.

What happened?

thanks big guy

Time

I kinda wish we'd get a new dragon ball series set in a different universe with all new characters

So a series that isn't Dragon Ball at all?

Have the Yamcha one too.

You still have dragon balls in other dragon ball universes though

Hopefully they just stop making anime and manga about this series but I doubt since he's already grooming someone to make sure none of these fucking characters ever get any kind of closure.

It's so awful to see it happen again and again to series I care about. My enthusiasm and capacity for caring about any of these characters just asymptotically approaches zero as they just erode into parodies of themselves and play the same scenarios out with tiny insignificant variations for eternity. Just fucking let things end.

>Are we going to have to wait 16 years ago for a new series?
Lmao no. Dragon Ball is now evergreen. The ToP is a very deliberate last hurrah for Krillin, Tien, Roshi, Piccolo, 18, and probably Gohan before they move on to the new stuff introduced. They're gauging just how strong a foundation they can build for a Dragon Ball series without Goku as the lead. The U6 characters aren't the only ones they plan to feature more in the future, they're throwing everything at the wall to see what sticks.

Expect a new series every 2-5 years after one ends with movies in between.

>Dragon Ball SUPER ends with ULTRA instinct
>New movie at the end of this year
>Content of the movie will be the first arc of a new show called Dragon Ball ULTRA

I really hope it'll be set after the last episode of Z this time.

True. But most of the unis are gone now.

>They're gauging just how strong a foundation they can build for a Dragon Ball series without Goku as the lead
Literally retarded if you actually think this

Yep. The other sayoinons, beat, E.T.onDriods and that rabbit with the leather hat are all going to turn up again.
I do also think 17 will be back too.

I really don't know were they would go from Ultra Instinct, which is a form even the gods can barely achieve, and is supposed to have the ultimate defense and attack capabilities.

They also beat Jiren, the fabled mortal so strong not even a god of destruction can beat him.

And neither the angels, nor the grand priest, seen evil, or malevolent, so they aren't going to be antagonists.

There's like 3unis that didnt even take part.

And its already been stated that mortal level =/= power level, and the Kais/angels from at least one of those universes has stated that they fear what would have happened if their universe had been forced to fight because they would have likely gotten crushed by the fighters in the ToP

The whole point of saving the 4 universes wasn't to give some future threat to the heroes, it was a plot device to make the ToP seem more reasonable by showing that Zen-Oh/Grand Priest actually have achievable goals and expectations for the universes, instead of just making them seem retarded by going
>LITERALLY EVERYONE FAILED SO FIGHT!

>dead show
>dead thread

>their dignity
I'm glad they don't listen to fedora tier autists like yourself.

You say that, but nothing stuck and we’re just back to square one with none of the other universes existing. Goku and Jiren were the only ones they put any importance on this entire arc, and you know it. You can pretend they developed some characters, but none of that matters now that they’re back to not existing

HA HA HA HA HA HA TWENTY NINE DAYS

Oh my.

Dragonball heroes is next to get a animated project?

>not wanting to fuck Goku

Which is why the show is getting cancelled. Funny how that works, huh?

Majin Buu saga videl was adorable
Shame what happened in Super with that haircut

You don't think it's possible just because it hasn't happened yet. We're talking 15-25 more years of Toei keeping Dragon Ball in the public eye. Whatever series comes next will still have Goku at the forefront to be sure, but Super has made it an active goal to expand the DB multiverse to more naturally integrate spinoff and sequel series focused on different characters. The franchise is getting rebranded before your eyes and you don't seem to be picking up on that.

>2023 and Cabba's or whoever the fuck's show gets announced.
>Backlash ensues, "how dare they do this to Dragon Ball?"
>More preview material surfaces showing fan service stuff and some plot points people were curious about but never got explored
>15-21 year olds nostalgic for Cabba come out of the woodwork to defend it
>Show airs, people watch it all the way through, merchandising mega hit
>Fans old and new bitch about every missed opportunity and underwritten plot point but gush over every scrap of hype moments
>Rinse and repeat for all eternity

Of course they didn't develop characters. It was just seeing what was marketable. Do you really think none of those characters are coming back? Do you know what show you're watching?

kek

A show where Tien and Launch are forgotten, Cell isn’t even considered over Frieza, Buu is kicked to the curb, Trunks is stronger than Vegito Blue, and everyone but Goku is utterly BTFO. That’s the show this is. In a decade nobody’s even going to remember any other universes but 6 and 11

Fuck no they are done with anime it will be movies or video games for now on.

>a cat is fine too

Toyotaro haters version.

>but Super has made it an active goal to expand the DB multiverse
No it hasn't.

Hell, the current arc has most of the multiverse getting deleted by autistic children, and has already pointed out the other surviving universes aren't shit in terms of fighters.

Its the same problem Toriyama had with Freeza, he introduced the concept of aliens, and the possibility of a whole uvnierse full of super strong AYYs to fight... and then immediately ruined it by having the first major badguy they face by THE strongest AYY in the universe

>Cell isn’t even considered over Frieza
Not him, but why would he be when Freeza got a billion time stronger then Cell was, or could ever hope to be in a short time span?

>Will 2019 be the return of the anime?
I hope not.

D

t. didn’t watch the Cell arc

>A show where Tien and Launch are forgotten
Only Launch. I guarantee you if I character like her was introduced today Toei would never let go.
>Cell isn't even considered over Frieza
This only strengthens my argument. They went with what was marketable over what was more inspired. In fact your mention of Trunks helps me as well, since Future Trunks was so wildly popular that he remained one of the most beloved characters years after the Cell arc ended. Goku wins because he is the lead, shocking. Although he's technically never had a proper victory by an arc's end in this show. Even Whis helped him cheat against Frieza.

Toei is absolute digging as hard and fast as they can at the bottom of the barrel in order to expand a franchise they only recently realized they could milk forever.

>Only Launch
Did you miss the part where he went looking for Roshi and only asked Tien to tag along after Roshi signed on?

who else here hasnt watched a single ToP episode that didnt have UI?

Confirmed

Me

>Golden Frasier shit
U N D E R R A T E D