Hoshin Engi 2018 Thread

Is this the end of the dream, Sup Forums?

animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2018-02-19/fan-criticizes-hakyu-hoshin-engi-anime-starts-petition-asking-for-staff-explanation/.127892

Other urls found in this thread:

dailymotion.com/video/x6f6xja
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grand_Preceptor
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Well, as long as we get more Dakki-chan, that's all that really matters anyway.

Not like the petition will do anything but at least it's nice to see nip fans being vocal instead of just ranting on twitter.

The dream died with the first episode. Still, I'm surprised. You don't usually see Nip fans doing things like that.

Dumb 'fans'. I like it.

This is good. It shows Nips like Houshin Engi enough to be vocal in their criticism of this bad adaptation.

This could mean a well made adaptation could achieve some financial success.

The small problem there is, you need money to make money. This adaptation isn't well-made because they only got half the funding they needed to do it well. So they're not likely to make much money off of it. And the cycle will likely repeat. Getting things right the first time really seems to count for something.

writing is abysmal. I don't know if it's supposed to make more sense in japanese or if they only wanted to animate a highlight reel of scenes from the manga, but it doesn't even feel like an anime to me. Most characters are barely explained or there's a loose context given to them, if I didn't read a few chapters of the manga I'd think it was just a terrible story. I still don't know who the guy with the third eye is, they never explained it well. Besides he's some leader of some human country while being a hermit or whatever. Hard to give a fuck about him or anyone in the show.

Here's the special that aired today instead of the episode: dailymotion.com/video/x6f6xja

The only thing worth noting is that the special episode on BD 8 is "Blood of House Kou." This is strange because that's where the scene at the start of episode 4 is from, so they showed something that's only in a special episode? Also it implies they're not adapting to the end after all.

When the first key visual went up on twitter it got 50k retweets. They had this in the bag and blew it.

He's not the leader of any country. He's the taishi of the Yin, this: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grand_Preceptor

He's been serving the Yin dynasty for hundreds of years which is why he's so assblasted someone's trying to overthrow it.

No, this adaptation isn't well made because the people making it are retarded. Here's the thing, the animation isn't horrible. Sure, it's mostly stills with a couple of scenes here and there, but it's not horrible. The VAs definitely cost a lot of money. However, the biggest problem by far is how each episode is storyboarded in the most horrible way possible. Shit, it's like they go out of their way to tell the story in the way the audience will understand less. When you add that to the crazy idea of (at the very least) going all the way to the Sennin War, you get a mess.

The only right thing to do in that situation is to cancel the project completely, not make a horribly butchered mess that barely resembles the original manga. Lots of planned series get postponed for eternity, but for some reason they just had to get this one done no matter what.

My thinking exactly.

This. Everything about this reboot is fine except for the screenplay. They've even been putting out a lot of merch, including five scale figs. Seems like they're just trying to get money out of old fans, but adapting the story properly would have achieved that just fine.

>No explanation what happened with Chou Koumei despite his sister will appear in the next episode

It's going to be strange if the pacing suddenly corrects itself due to the episodes they've given to the Sennin War. By now most people stopped watching.

Honestly I'm 50/50 on the new anime. It has a weird pacing and sometimes the animation is wonky, but still prefer it to the 90's cringefest

>Judging a series with 23 episodes from 6 episodes
I don't understand people who does this. I guess most anime watchers nowadays are spoiled with 1-cour adaptations.

Well they sure have a lot to say about Dakki-chan.
textless version of that pic when?

anyone else skip to only the parts with Dakki?

It's the only way I maintain my sanity while watching this show

To be fair, the first six episodes are apparently cut and rearranged so strangely newcomers can't seem to follow what's going on.

why would you do that

I think it was writing this glorious creation out that managed to make the Nips vocally angry

Unless they're keeping it as surprise, it's a bad move to cut off Chou kou mei but not the sisters

If they left Sengyoku out I'm dropping this show for good

They put all their budget in Yuru Camp instead.

No seriously, the main issue is that I feel like the staff had a realistic goal in mind about how they wanted to do this adaptation and what to cover. They should've never tried to stuff the entire series in 23 episodes, the hope should've been to adapt the first 10 volumes or so really well and hope for a greenlight for S2. What were they trying to accomplish by rushing stuff?

*didn't have a realistic goal, excuse me