Why is this show so underrated?

Why is this show so underrated?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GKmceKAyuA0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

no merch and was too early to the streaming boom like other tatsunoko reboots

Because it's the most patrician Tatsunoko show after Tekkaman Blade.

>Tekkaman Blade
Tell me about it, looks pretty generic at first glance

torrented it like 2 months ago and never got around to watching it

Well at least give the first episode a try to see if you're hooked or not, I know I was

I'm watching it now and it is utterly fucking boring.
The main cast is incredibly uninteresting, and the dialogue is mind numbingly repetitive.
If I had to take a shot every time someone says "Kill Casshern," "YOU KILLED LUNA!" or "YOU CAUSED THE RUIN" I would have to be taken to the hospital after 5 episodes, and I'd be dead by 10. Watching these morons mope around for 20 episodes has almost turned me into a vegetable and that's without alcohol.

The episodic stories are more or less the same shit every episode. The episodes could be about half as long and they would accomplish the same goals. Alternatively making it 1 cour would have made it less of a chore to sit through.

One of the biggest cases of style over substance in anime that I've seen. Having said that, it is super stylish, but not enough to carry the uneventful episodes with their trash can writing.

I really liked it and I would say it is one of the better anime in existence. Sometimes it looks a bit odd, I'm not sure if this is intentional or due to cheap production. It had a similar feel as Ergo Proxy to me, I guess this isn't for everyone.

>"wow I hate this this is so dumb"
>watches 20 episodes
Can only blame yourself at this point

I can't tell you much without spoiling anything, but if you're the type that likes sufferingcore (and not melancholy like Casshern Sins but actual bad shit happening all the time) Tekkaman Blade is for you, there's not many, if any, shows quite like it out there.. Though if you're the type that hates mostly bad animation then it isn't for you.

>"wow I hate this this is so dumb, by the way I watched 5 episodes"
>"lol it gets good 10 episodes in, bro"
You know that would happen.

Lyuze is my waifu

I can't think of any slow-burn shows I absolutely couldn't stand, that suddenly did a 180 10 episodes in. There's always initial intrigue, just the pacing not being appropriate. Again, can only blame yourself for not realizing sooner that the themes and the writing don't resonate with you.

You forgot to mention constantly showing the same flashbacks over and over again, including flashbacks to earlier episodes. There's a lot I like about Sins but I've never seen a show that was killed so thoroughly in editing.

>sufferingcore
Apparently Texhnolyze is one of the worst offenders in that regard and I absolutely loved it, so I think that might be right up my alley. Been aching for some good mecha too so I think I'll trust you on this recommendation and check it out in the next few days

I'm loving that OP already
youtube.com/watch?v=GKmceKAyuA0

THE SUN THAT WAS CALLED MOON

Casshern isn't meant to be binged. Watching one or two episodes a week is more enjoyable than 5 episodes in a row.

>constantly showing the same flashbacks over and over again
You mean those repetitive flashbacks before every episode? Can't remember any during the actual show that were superfluous

Rewatch the show; they're fucking constant during any plot-relevant episode.

I remeber watching the Live Action Casshern movie, and thinking it was pretty cool. I watched this anime once, as it aired. I gave it a 6 on MAL. I remeber it as most describe, slow and boring and repetitive, but it had cool design and style. I do enjoy slow and boring flims, but it needs to pay off in the end, Casshern sins never did that.
I most recentally thoght of this show while watching Darling in the Franxx, the Mecha designs immediatly made me think of this show. I don't think this show is underrated, but it is almost forgotten and never mentioned.

My man. I neglected to mention that you don't start grasping the true extent of the plot or MC's motivations until about 14 episodes in so, even if you feel the show isn't quite grabbing you, I suggest you try to stick to it until you reach that point.

CONSUME

Oh, and there's BD rips on nyaa. Make sure you grab that.