Koi wa Ameagari no You ni

Is it true that there's two chapters left, and it's over?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=oQZAxxdVQis
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It is true.
Breaks my fucking heart... I wanted so much more.

Midori Kondo, Akira 3some? Never?

english translation is out.

So in the anime, did she finally fall in love with her?

Never ever.

does Midori ever confront Akira/finds out she's dating Kondou?

_____________________________No.

also isn't the show doing really poorly? what's the ratings like atm?

>check sad panda new uploads
>there's a Koi wa Ameagari no You ni doujin
>it's NTR

>consumes it anyway

it's been out for a while,
it just got a translation today.

I'm still waiting for an Akira x Kondou doujinshi, specially if it's about last episode's apartment scene.

She wants him inside her so badly...

I'm not a mangafag, does it seem like they're going to be a couple or not?

I dunno but the latest episode is fucking fantastic

if this fails I lose all hope

I'm sad this anime is getting slept on so bad. It's fantastic. I can't remember the last time rewatching an episode because I liked it so much but the latest episode was just that good.

As for the manga ending, I still feel like it's going to be rushed. There were a lot of small sub plots I wanted to be fully explored that are probably just going to be briefly touched upon in some sweeping montage. I don't know if Tachibana and Tenchou will end up together but I hope so.

But he's ill (gross)

Why was Kondo freaking out at the end of the last episode? Was he having sex fantasies like Akira?

he knew he fucked up by friendzoning Tachibana.

No, he regretted to have hugged her, increasing her hopes. He doesn't want to encourage her.

Hugging a crying girl is pretty much natural instinct though.

Anime like this, or March comes in like a lion, are not supposed to sell to otaku. It is on air in Noitamina slot, for a not only otaku target.
Anyway, I am heart broken for the fact the manga is ending, I loved it deeply. But I am sure the author will be able to write a wonderful ending, even tho bittersweet.
Some foreigners are insulting the mangaka for the latest chapters, are they idiots?

No, probably they won't be a couple.

Yeah, but it's bad since she's in love with him, so it's like is he had encouraged her, even if he didn't want it.

I personally think that he was.
He is a man after all, and earlier in the episode he told himself not to get too confident. So it's safe to say that thoughts are racing through his head, but he's at least mature enough to put them aside and forget about them.

Kondo is pure, Akira is the only sick fuck in this show.

It will be sad to say goodbye, but at least we got a GOAT adaptation before departing. I wonder if they're going to go with an anime original ending though.

I am sorry for how some people have seen this scene only portraying how horny Tachibana is (I am not speaking about you in particular, but in general). Of course, she wishes him physically very much, but it's not only that. It shows her deep loneliness and escapism. I like how they represented his body like rain. The rain in this manga, is a metaphor for depression. So, she is deeply attracted to him, because his soul, exactly like hers, is broken. She is escaping from her loneliness, touching another person loneliness. But this comfort is ephemeral. Indeed, in her dream he disappeared between her arms.

To be fair she is extremely horny.

This doesn't change what I wrote. She is in love with him, of course she wishes him that way. Currently, she is obsessed over him in almost an unhealthy way, because she wants to forget her pain.

Well put.

Progressively, in the manga, you don't see her having this kind of sexual fantasies anymore. It's just at her earlier stage of her infatuation, when she wants to think only about him. But day after day, her other lost passion becomes always more dominant in her heart. Romantic and sexual fantasies are not able to repress anymore the pain for what she lost. Just a pity we won't get a full anime adaptation. I fear in the anime it will look like only like a open romance.

The shot on her scar was another touch of class in that scene.

Akira is really beautiful.
Took me seven episodes to finally see it.

It's super sad that it's gonna end and they are probably not end up together. I mean, I get it, that's not the point of the series etc. But still, gives me an complicated kind of feeling.

While Kondo hugged her, he thought "I want to get wet by your rain (her pain)".
Her dream was about the same thing, from her point of view, only that is was visually represented, and not expressed by words, since Tachibana never expresses herself by words. She has got wet by his rain (pain).

I share your pain, but I feel like this story would lose its deepest meaning if they were together. If they were supposed to be together, and this manga was a pure romance, well I would agree in saying the ending will be rushed, because there's no way they can become suddenly a couple, without exploring other subplots, like the reaction of her mother, his ex-wife, their coworkers, etc. This manga has been too realistic so far, in dealing with the social stigma attached to this kind of relationship, so it couldn't ignore those elements. Sure, it can still work with a time skip tho. Since they are not supposed to be together, at least for now, ending the plot here is absolutely possible without rushing anything. Akira's letter and, probably, Kondo's novel are the key for everything. I guess in the final chapter, we could see a small light of hope also for their romance, for example if Akira had given to Kondo, together with the letter, that postcard they had bought some time ago, that said something like "don't forget our feelings, when the seasons change, lets meet each other again".

i can see that.

If Masami doesn't drain his balls inside Akira at least once before the manga ends, I am going to lose my fucking mind.
She is in her prime with a body that was built for breeding.
He NEEDS to get a taste of that forbidden fruit.

This scene was really meaningful as well. She is trying to immerse herself in his world, reading "Botchan" (when she actually gives a shit about Botchan), while she kicked out from her bed the photobook about running, that is what she would like to look at.

Those legs are amazing.

Her whole body is amazing.

The ending song is currently 3rd on Itunes Japan. This shows the show is followed in Japan, BD market isn't everything.

just talk about yourself(the viewer), also includes the delusional creator(of this animes)

What the hell are you saying?

Wotakoi and Banana Fish tho, will sell like hot cakes, because they pander to fujoshi very much. Koi Ame is really niche in some sense, it can work way better as live action. Both male otaku and fujos won't buy this kind of stuff.

Niche for the anime market, I mean. It can work better with a more mainstream medium, like the live action.

Well, maybe the sales were actually not enough. It looks like Inuyashiki situation. The sales were around 75,000 copies, so the author decided to close the story exactly at volume 10. Koi Ame has the same average sales, and it will close the story at volume 10 as well. I guess the authors have always a B plan if the sales are not good enough. So, they have both the ideas to expand their plot, if the sales are really good, and the earlier than expected ending ready, if the things go bad.

She doesn't care.

I already know I won't enjoy Wotakoi as much as Koi Ame. I am fucking tired of stories involving characters who are otaku. But Japanese otaku and fujoshi apparently are never tired of this kind of shit.

I imagine the ED would be more popular than the anime itself, as many Fatefags and Sawanodroppers flock to another Aimer song. At least some of them might pick up the anime because of that.

Yeah, true. Such a pity, because this anime (and manga) deserved way more attention. I hope the author will start a new manga soon. She is young, and very talented. She deserves another chance.

Probably she feels a bit like Kondo, now. ;_; I hope she won't lose her inspiration. I find really annoying especially those western fans who are spamming complaints on her Twitter account. Probably it's not her fault if she must rush the ending, and at this point of the manga, it would have been inappropriate for them ending up together. So she us trying to balance the things, maybe letting a small hope for them meet each other in future. This is the best she can do in 2 chapters.

I want to have a mutual orgasm with Akira.

No kidding. I've been reading shoujo manga for 10 years by now and this one still manages to feel fresh.

>I find really annoying especially those western fans who are spamming complaints on her Twitter account.
Really!?

Well, it's seinen, not shoujo. But it's irrelevant, since it can appeal strongly to anyone with good taste, tired if the usual cliche. Honestly I really fell in love with this story around the chapter 30 I believe, when Kondo meets Chihiro. There I started to feel more properly which the real connection between the two characters was, and I enjoyed so much their parallel situations. I guess the ending would have been this way even if the manga had been longer, but it's probable she was forced to end it a bit earlier than expected.

AW SHIT

Yeah. Especially a completely tactless person who is writing stuff like "Which was the point of your story if they won't be together?" So rude.

She has also posted a picture of a bag with the keychain used by Akira to have fortune in love, and one Western person commented "It didn't work for Akira".
Their bitter and annoying complaints are pretty childish, I wonder what she is thinking now.

SLUT

>She's a slut because she's not having sex with me!
user, please...

At where the scanlations left off, it might seem the ending was rushed; however, after catching up to the current chapter I would have to disagree. I mean, there are some stuff that could be explored like Kase's situation and the relationship between Kondo and Midori, but everything else transitioned well to where we are at now. Also, chapter 74 seemed to be the no-turning-back point and that was months ago.

I would definitely love to see more of the characters though, but I don't feel it was rushed at all. And seriously fuck those western "fans".

I agree with you, sorry if I expressed myself bad. I mean, maybe she was forced to end it a bit earlier, but I am sure enough the ending would have been this anyway, since everything happened during the volume 9 brought to this situation coherently. It's evident that Akira was wishing to run always more, while she felt Kondo always more distant from her, since he had started to write again.

Those "western fans" are people who should watch soap operas, seriously, since they aren't able to understand ]by this story does make sense even tho they probably won't be together.

No worries, and we can all just enjoy the ride for now. Regardless if the ending will be bittersweet or happy,I'm hoping for the latter, I'll be looking forward to the author's next work.

Seriously, the more I watch and read this, the more I feel like the author was inspired by this song.
The lyrics match up with everything too perfectly.

youtube.com/watch?v=oQZAxxdVQis

It just works so well, describing both sides of the relationship that Akira and Masami share.

Yeah. The age-gap romance is definitely an interesting part of the story, but I guess the major themes of depression, dreams, and hope somehow went over their heads.

I think I almost like this adaptation more than the manga.

How did this happen?

It was the Ref:rain piano & violin arrangement.

It's not so much that we don't get it, but rather that it still makes us feel sad.
Also, there's no real reason for them not to end up together. Overcoming their own issues they are now free to be together without it being pathological or whatever.
And, also, in western works we tend to see that people who overcome struggles together end up together, whereas in asia it's pretty common to find bittersweet endings even if there was no reason for one.
Like here, he writes again, she runs again, they are healthy and doing what they love, why would their relationship dry up just because of that.

You are missing the most important fact why they can't: the age gap. Let's ignore the social stigma, but for Akira being successful in what she wants to do now, she can't be together with a middle aged man. Both of them have completely different styles of life. Anyway, I am western as well, but I like bittersweet endings, when they fit the plot.

What can this series teach us about divorced parents and their impact on the individuals involved?
It seems like an unexplored theme in this story that hasn't really been dissected or discussed. I feel like the author is trying to tell us something about Akira other than how she was using her love for Masami as escapism from running.

Yes, the fact she chose Masami, probably wasn't only to avoid her same age friends, but also to find a bit of father figure. during Yuto's birthday, she sees herself as a child together with her family

I wonder what Akira would have done if Yuuto just grabbed her head and gave her a quick kiss on the lips...

This series CANNOT end without Midori making another appearance!
She has to find out about Akira and confront Masami! I just have to see it happen!!!

It would melt my heart to see Midori unexpectedly defend Akira and look out for her by scolding Masami. Just a sweet surprise that no one would expect.

>last few pages
>15-year timeskip
>Akira and Yuuto are married
God, it'd be Usagi Drop all over again.

It would only work if she was then visiting his dad for the next 10 years helping him with his homework and cooking for him. And even then, most people would just go "Niiiiiiice"

Only Tenchou and Akira, please. No old hags.

Midori is probably younger than Masami.
She is NOT an old hag.

Yes she is.

Rude.

Not that user, and Midori is a cutie, but I think she is 45 y/o as well, since she was in the same collage literature club of Masami and Chihiro.

Akira's mom > Midori

This.

What if... Just what if... What if Akira's mom and Midori are co-workers and have been work friends for years?

No

Why does she have such a big mouth?

>Some foreigners are insulting the mangaka for the latest chapters, are they idiots?
Why?

Because they want absolutely they become a couple, and if this doesn't happen, they think the manga is garbage.

Just got off of a Skype call with my cousin who lives in Rome, Italy.
Apparently some of you anons are right.
She told me that KoiAme is pretty popular there, at least amongst her friends and other groups of anime/manga hobbyists that she knows.

Pretty neat.

Well I am almost surprised. I expected some age gap tumblr shit again, not that this is much better.
Would really love a happy end too but those fans are the pest. The mangaka is competent enough to make a good ending whatever it will be. Unless it's actually rushed, but in that case it wouldn't be her fault I guess and rather some publisher decision.

Oyakodon with Akira and her mom is the best solution.

I am Italian, and yes, Koi Ame is published here, and extremely appreciated. I am shocked when I read some reviews on American sites, that speak about sexual predators. In the first place, it's evident they didn't read the manga at all, plus they have some weird contrived way to distort the actual plot. I don't know if it's a problem of cultural difference or what. Sometimes, it looks like they are not able to understand actually what is happening.

It's a real problem in America. Kondo could be 18/19 instead of 45, and he'd still be considered a sexual predator.

i like wotakoi and koiame but comparing the two are really apples and oranges, they have fuck all to do with each other.

it's burgers being burgers.

What I noticed is that basically they don't even care about the real story, that has nothing to do with exploitation of minors. They create their own garbage fanfiction. If you read some Italian reviews, you would see how the plot is described like a delicate story about growth, healing and stuff like that. There's no way that the most important Italian manga publishing house, would publish pedo crap.

>he thinks this is good
lmaoing at ur life

What about it?