Why did Maid Dragon flop?

Why did Maid Dragon flop?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hvN7J-iH-AM
animenewsnetwork.com/daily-briefs/2018-02-23/miss-kobayashi-dragon-maid-manga-has-1.2-million-copies-in-print/.128191
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

teen thread

Mexicans/chicanos pirate stuff, they don't buy

blame the gays

because Sup Forums -business & finance says so

No male character for the Otaku to self insert as.

Characters are what primarily drives siles, Facebook Dragon didn't have likeable characters, it only offered memes for ironic weebs (pretty much just "muh Kanna").

I literally cannot think of a show that's more 'ironic weeb' than this shit. But think about it, ironic weebs would never actually buy anime, because then they'd have to admit to themselves it's not ironic.

Because its gay as fuck

too much of a gay propaganda even for japanese.

Why do people pretend it flopped?

youtube.com/watch?v=hvN7J-iH-AM

>IM SUCH A FUCKING WEEB BROOOOOO
That shit the new gamer huh?

Not enough lewd

Because is shit.

What do you find so objectionable about the word "because"? I've always found it highly useful.

Not enough Elma.

I've been watching it for the first time, and it's pretty cool.

Lack of diversity, there wasn't a single person of color in it.
There also wasn't enough action it, there needed to be more hand to hand combat and maybe a tournament arc

Because you keep making this thread.

dokidoki was good you hipster faggot

Because she took longer than 3 episodes to show up

Yeah bro it sure shitted all over those damned weebs huh haha thank god we aren't weebs like them haha

The only thing flopping here is Lucoa's ginormous breasts on my face.

>drawing a kid this thick
what do nips mean by this?

agreed

Hungrygon is best gon

her horn seems a turd
it's a dragon

Japan, by definition, can't have 'weebs', ironic or not.

So what was its final name?
>flopdragon
>memedragon
>facebookdragon
>rebbitdragon

Flopdragon has a nice ring to it.

To many big tits. Japan is moving towards loli only.

animenewsnetwork.com/daily-briefs/2018-02-23/miss-kobayashi-dragon-maid-manga-has-1.2-million-copies-in-print/.128191

It flopped?

The word has become literally synonymous with otaku, it doesn't even have anything to do with Japan itself anymore.

Came here to post here.

Stop, stop, it’s already dead!

Never watched this.
But is this a cute and fuzzy anime or an anime for pedophiles?

die teen

>pedophiles
Nice meme

I suspected as much, but this just emphasizes the difference between virgin weeb and chad Japanese aniota.

there are better slice of cute girls anime out there

Literally the sexiest character of 2017.
She killed millions.

Mediocre af

Not enough Kanna.

Unsustainable industry. Japan's perpetual recession is about to pop into a full-blown depression, now that its giants are falling to Korean and Chinese conglomerates. Expect neets to banzai charge their legislature once their social security faces austerity measures.

Sup Forums is seemingly oblivious to the changes in the industry, namely the increased importance of China to future-proof the industry in the wake of having far less potential domestic customers in the future due to the population decline.

The thing is the Chinese are fiercely nationalistic and with their own industry on the rise they will probably prefer to consume their domestic products, not to mention the Chinese government often fucks over foreign media in China on a whim.

Which is why studios have been partnering with Chinese companies to gain access

it was a pretty boring anime desu

no real humor, no real action

All the episodes after the beach were a total snore until the last one

Can you imagine holding on to her delicious thighs while manhandling her?

It got cannibalised by Gabriel Dropout also doing the "cute girls in a slice of life, except they're magic!" that season.

Both did shit because of it.

Live action movies, namely Hollywood, do that to. It's not exactly a "partnership" though, it's more like you have to drag a local company around with you and essentially help it grow into a future competitor or else the Chinese government will take the lion's share of your profits or just outright ban your shit from China. I don't know what kind of deal anime studios have negotiated but if it's anything like what live action movies get it's beyond ridiculous.

Why is kanna so fuckign cute

Her horn IS a turd. Her colon is actually where her brain should be and she often forgets to wipe. That's why you sometimes see her with the horn and sometimes without it.
She literally has shit for brains.

Gabriel Dropout was 10X better than memedragon

This.

It performed adequately given Kyoani's long-winded and low-cost production style. A series featuring my wife would never flop after all.

That wasn't my point but ok.

Kind of sad too. Each time you mention something like that you get guaranteed replies of "It's just Crunchyroll/middle-men strong arming studios" or "implying artificial wombs won't make women obsolete in the next 40 years". The industry has to change somehow

Manga seems to be doing fine, that's all I really care about in the end.

Japan has shit taste.

It's that simple.

DokiDoki doesn't "shit" on anyone, much less weebs.

People fear the FBI will knock at their door if they buy it

>>> reddit.com

good game with limp dick marketing

I think it itself is supposed to be a glorified ad for another game by the same people. Plus, it really didn't need advertisement considering how popular it got.

because of the patriarchy

Never translate again

epic dude one punch man ftw

I want more Elma in my life

Japs, and LatAMs have good taste.

It was boring honestly and it couldn't seem to decide what genre it was.

I watched both, even though Maidragon had some repetitive running gags, the show itself had a lot of substance and decent characters that weren't just reduced to one quirk, Gabriel Dropout on the other hand was 100% repetitive with awful "characters".

The series isn't even licensed in Latin America.

The only thing Gabriel dropout has over Maid Dragon was the voice acting. Other than that, you're right.

Maidragon voice acting felt a bit more natural to me. The ones in GabDro were too staged for my tastes, specially Satania.

But that applies to every series so it's not a cause.

I watched both too, and Maid dragon has no substance whatsoever and its character are fucking abysmal, outside of maybe Kobayashi. The comedy was so fucking bad, it was painful to watch at times. You just have shit taste and should kill yourself.

FASTER

>why did it flop
>says user for the 45th time.

but it didn't, fuck you

this sadly, speaking in the name of all chicanos