Darling in the Franxx

Can we start discussing the possibility that /Ichigo/ is the homewrecker here?

>"I still have my misgivings about Zero Two, but one look at Hiro now makes it obvious that she was exactly what he needed."
Ichigo clearly acknowledges that Zero Two has helped Hiro succeed at becoming a useful member of the team. Something she was unable to do.

>"You know, I'm going to give it my all as leader, so don't give Zero Two all your attention. Look at me, too."
This reads as egocentric imo. She feels that, just because she's trying, Hiro should view her in a similar way as Zero Two.

But the line which follows is perhaps tells us the most about Ichigo's current warped view of her relationship with Hiro.
>"I see the kiss we shared during the mock battle as something special! So I want to be with you forev-"
This is the same kiss where she said that Hiro was /awful/. A kiss where she was scared, and he felt nothing. Yet she now views that /same moment/ in a positive light, and as one of the reasons she wants to be with him forever.

At this point it seems pretty clear that Ichigo knows she is competing with Zero Two for Hiro in some fashion (given their flawed understanding of romantic love, it's difficult to fully frame that fact). However while Ichigo knows that Zero Two /helps/ Hiro, she still wants to be with him in spite of the fact that she knows (via the kiss) that she can't help him.

It seems to me that Ichigo is being selfish. She wants to through herself in between the mutual relationship of Hiro/Zero Two, and have a one-way romantic bond with Hiro. I know the meme is that Zero Two is the home-wrecker, but as it stands, I think that word more accurately describes Ichigo. It's only Zero Two's poor interpersonal skills that allow people to have some sympathy for Ichigo.

Couldn't have posted this in one of the many existing threads Asshole?

That is because Ichigo is Hildegard of the Vinzgau, second wife of King Charlemagne (Nine Iota Hiro). Nine Merovingian and two sons of Charles Martel the Hammer served before the reign of Charlemagne (Hiro). Desiderus (aka Doctor FranXX) has given his daughter (Zero Two/Oni) to Hiro with a caveat. A proposed alliance between Lombardy and Francia was represented in the marriage and was annulled. Hints of rebellion or dissatisfaction with the Lombards can be seen in this episode. Hiro wants to rebuild the lost Roman Empire that once ruled all of the known regions. Doctor FranXX holds the keys to Lombardy and therefore Rome. If Hiro wants to restore the past of the glory of Rome and claim the title of ROME (ie Escaping the plantations and ruling beyond Francia) he must fight. The other rival introduced this episode is probably his brother Carloman (or maybe this is Goro). Either way, it will be interesting to see Hiro's first steps to recovering the glory of humanity (Rome). Especially with the actions of the Papacy/Plantation Elites showing signs of accepting him. They are already questioning if he is a worthy successor to Rome.

Also, the Charlemagne liked stars, much like Hiro does as evidenced by Ichigo this episode. "Charlemagne promoted the liberal arts at court, ordering that his children and grandchildren be well-educated, and even studying himself (in a time when even leaders who promoted education did not take time to learn themselves) under the tutelage of Peter of Pisa, from whom he learned grammar; Alcuin, with whom he studied rhetoric, dialectic (logic), and astronomy (he was particularly interested in the movements of the stars); and Einhard, who tutored him in arithmetic."

I really don't want to hate Ichigo but she is becoming really fucking annoying.

You're correct OP.

I have faith in Hiro that he will remain steadfast and loyal to chad02 in the seduction of the virginichigo

Ichigo was with Hiro first though.

Ichigo is cuter than 02 and that's what matters in the end.

No, she wasn’t with him in any romantic sense.

This. Ichigo didn't show anything resembling romantic interest until 02 showed up, then she realized her feelings and got defensive really, really quickly.

Look at me, Ichigo, so I can cum on your face.

Hiro has demonstrated time and again that 02 is the only one for him and that he has no feelings towards Ichigo, but I also don't doubt that Ichigo will cause some bullshit for them down the road before realizing she's being a bitch.

Ichigo has never been a bitch for even a single moment. Meanwhile, 02 has been an absolute cunt to everyone that isn't Hiro. I don't doubt that Ichigo will lose, but 02fags trying to drag her character down to make 02 look better is getting pathetic.

Ichigo is the worst kind of bitch, the kind that doesn't know that she's being a bitch.

Or did you miss the fact that they don't even know what love is until 02 arrive?
02fags are also speed watcher why am I surprise

>This reads as egocentric imo
I feel like all her attempts to get with Hiro or to get him away from 02 have been in some way tinged with this. The general feeling I get is that while she does truly care about Hiro's well-being, she cares about it in such a way that she defines it herself, rather than caring about his well-being as Hiro defines it. While she is concerned about him, she does not seem to ask herself the question "what would make Hiro happy?" at all. She's egocentric in the sense that the question in her mind appears to be "what (do I think) is best for Hiro?" and that's what she acts on, in addition to her being in love with him.

More like she was around him, but she didn't do anything to be with him.

Why are wasting threads on this flop garbage? This show is already forgotten.

*why are you

>Ichigo has never been a bitch for even a single moment
Stop speedwatching and rewatch episode 2. She literally changes her mood immediately after 02 calls Hiro darling and starts glaring at her with the bitchface and trying to get rid of her.

That's factually wrong though.

Can you guys talk about something OTHER than Ichigo and 02 for once? Christ.

Not in my programming.

>homewrecker
Ichigo isn't wrecking anything. You have to "win" at least partially to do that. She's in love, and she's losing terribly. I'm at a loss to understand how this doesn't elicit sympathy from some viewers.

True. She's attempting to homewreck, but hasn't gotten very far yet.

I think this speaks to the point well. It's like her planning is based around the premise that it's impossible for Hiro to be happy without her involvement in some substantial romantic way.

>"You know, I'm going to give it my all as leader, so don't give Zero Two all your attention. Look at me, too."
This line almost reads as her downplaying her actual intention. It's not like Hiro is ignoring her. It's not like she's not acknowledging her as his squad leader. She wants his /personal and romantic/ attention. She's just unable to convey that effectively. It seems like she literally lacks the vocabulary, since this episode added the idea that they don't understand the word "love."

I guess it's sad in that way. She literally can't accurately convey her feelings, so they both view each other as "siblings," but have /fundamentally different ideas/ of what that means.

Ichigo is so fucking cute holy shit.

>I feel like all her attempts to get with Hiro or to get him away from 02 have been in some way tinged with this. The general feeling I get is that while she does truly care about Hiro's well-being, she cares about it in such a way that she defines it herself, rather than caring about his well-being as Hiro defines it.
What's wrong with that, though? What people think is best for them is often not what's actually best for them, and one of the things you do as family/friend/etc is try to push them off the wrong path when they get a dumb idea in their head. And Hiro in particular has no idea what's good for him: twice now he's decided that suicide is what's best for him.

And at least she does care about his wellbeing in some way. Zero Two doesn't even care in an egocentric way unless it compromises her ability to pilot.

What else is there? Every fucking frame has had every last bit of plot info squeezed out of it and speculated into dust, the other characters don't do anything, and since Power of Love Hiro-02's wrapped up, at least temporarily. Until they give something else, Strawberry v. Oni is the only thing open.

>Zero Two doesn't even care in an egocentric way unless it compromises her ability to pilot.
We don't really know this though. We simply haven't seen Zero Two have to really "care" of Hiro in any setting. The only channel through which she's had the opportunity to do it is through piloting. She knew about the illness, and offered him a chance to quit if he wanted. He didn't. She likely knew the upcoming battle needed someone of her skill and power, so simply /forcing/ him not to battle wasn't a realistic option.

>Ichigo trying to literally save his life.
That could reasonably explain her decisions (excluding her volunteering to test pilot over Zero Two) until now. In E7 she knows Zero Two isn't lethal to Hiro, and still presses herself into the fold. At this point we can't even say it's about piloting with him. She seemed to resign that in episode 5. It's /purely/ about her emotions at this point.

can't tell if this is the real Charlemagneposter or a clever satire

Ichigo is trying to be a good party member/leader to Zero 2, but Z2 keeps rubbing salt in Ichigo's face. Ichigo is handling the situation pretty good desu.

I want to protect this berry!

That was incredibly cute. She is a good girl, it's sad she'll be used for bully material.

>Something she was unable to do.
But she still believes she can do it.
>This reads as egocentric imo. She feels that, just because she's trying, Hiro should view her in a similar way as Zero Two.
As stated. She is still confident in her being able to help and support Hiro. To be important for him.

>This is the same kiss where she said that Hiro was /awful/.
She most likely was never referring to Hiro. From the beginning it always appeared like she was kicking down herself for failing Hiro. Not the other way around.
>Yet she now views that /same moment/ in a positive light, and as one of the reasons she wants to be with him forever.
Even if it was a failure it was admittedly intimate and was proven to be a quite special thing.

>She wants to through herself in between the mutual relationship of Hiro/Zero Two
It is worth noting that while she and Hiro are admittedly not in a romantic relationship. Ichigo is already within Hiro's closest range of bonds. It just happens to be the case that it isn't romantic. Ichigo appears to want to change that though, but the point is that she's already got a foot in. So it could be understandable how one could think she'd have a shot. Needless to say she is already important to him.

Miracle strawberry

>This line almost reads as her downplaying her actual intention.
I think she is. She's desperate in a way, she wants to be with Hiro (romantically) but she knows she has no real chance, so what she actually tries to do is to at least not get distanced from him even further. I think that's why she calls herself a sister in ep6, she desperately wants to have a reason to remain close to him but she does not have the backbone to tell him how she feels and face almost certain rejection. The "leader" line in ep7 seems to just reiterate this, she's trying to find another reason to remain close to Hiro without putting her feelings into words and having her hopes destroyed by almost certain rejection.

It is sad for sure because she almost certainly will end up hurting even more because of this. She might even get others mixed up in the whole situation and hurt them too in the end.

>What's wrong with that, though?
Hiro is a human being with his own will, thoughts and feelings. She is not actually taking any of that into account - not what he wants and not what he feels about her. Hiro's life is ultimately his own, as a friend she can talk to him and try to convince him that what he's doing is wrong, but if that doesn't work she must understand it's not her decision to make. You know who's a real bro and did just that? Goro. Goro is a real friend to Hiro who respects him as another person with his own will, so he has Hiro's back even when he thinks Hiro is doing something bad.

What Hiro did, piloting with 02 and accepting the risk, turned out to be the right thing to in the end, so he made a good decision. It worked out for him and it worked out for 02, they're both much better off than before. Hell, P13 itself is better off: not only did P13 get its 5th FranXX for a full squad, but it actually got a top-performing elite.

>Zero Two doesn't even care
I don't think this is true at all, but that's another discussion and this post is already full.