Why is Saint Seiya so criminally underrated on Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GpxrsEAIMT4
youtube.com/watch?v=BD_-Ojhl0ME
youtube.com/watch?v=p87vfPc8uWc
youtube.com/watch?v=7ZpSG-7i6Es
youtube.com/watch?v=gtZqkktbLrY
youtube.com/watch?v=7BQvyB7g3TM
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Athena_(video_game)
es.saintseiya.wikia.com/wiki/Saint_Seiya_(manga)
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It's not, it's overrated here if anything.

Seint Seiya is enjoyable but by any objective measure it's pretty dated: Almost every fight is character doing single hits that sent the other character flying and comes down to MUH COSMO. There's no coregraphy or sense of flow from panel to panel or any pretext of strategy in most fights, and there's not really that much meat to it outside of the fights.

I enjoy the series but even stuff like naruto is better.

Because the mexicans are too busy in the DBSuper threads.

It's literally worse than Fairy Tail and it's fanbase consist mostly of HUE monkeys and spics.

because its fans are tired of the fucking series and the people who still want to talk about it are bussy arguing about saga vs shaka and masturbating with their favorite gold saint from their favorite spinoff series.

not even Sup Forums is that autistic.

the seiya manga is one of the rare occasions i recomend ignoring it and just stay with the anime.

I've literally never seen a piece of non spanish artwork for this series, or outside of a non spanish context
I'm this close to believing that the series isn't Japanese it's just spanish

>I'm this close to believing that the series isn't Japanese it's just spanish
Leled hard.

Best one never got finished :( anime wise.

>No strategy
Read The Lost Canvas. Mother fuckers die left and right for small ass mistakes. We have the Sagittarius saint ripping his heart out for a trial for his allies to progress. And the gods actually feel menacing.

2nd half of Omega killed it for me. They tanked the hits of a guy stronger than Gold Saints who was trying to kill them, WITHOUT their cloths. Repeatedly. Like 2 episodes after they explained how getting hit without a cloth on would be fatal when Ryuho(?) did it.

That said I love Gallia and wish my hard drive with the art of that one good artist who waifu'd her hard didn't die. Because he erased all his works from Pixiv or something

I stand corrected, they're there but not in my pixiv bookmarks anymore for some reason.

I liked Omega tho, although i almost dropped when they showed that the armor aren't on boxes anymore. Glad they fixed that.

Current Sup Forums is composed of people around the 20s if not less, only people above 25 remember Saint Seiya.

I don't know anything about it except that the English dub apparently opened with a godawful A Flock of Seagulls cover.

I liked it up until that asspull I mentioned

basically this, and SS wasn't popular in America.

i tought you were joking what the fuck is this
youtube.com/watch?v=GpxrsEAIMT4

Sup Forums is an American site and America doesn't really know shit about Saint Seiya

TMS, why?

meant for

Are they wearing ganbare kickers shirts?

The OST is fucking amazing

Kouga(Apsu) vs Eden was top tier desu.

youtube.com/watch?v=BD_-Ojhl0ME

American site, SS arrived late since they were probably afraid to scare the kids as usual.

Kuru just doesnt tolerate when someone else does a better job than him (that is, always).

Netflix anime when?

20 minutes

O MY BURNING COSMO
GRANT ME THE POWER TO UPPERCUT THIS LONG HAIRED DUDE SO HARD THAT HE LAUNCHES INTO THE AIR BEHIND ME

Where can I read Episode G? I can only find some shit tier LQ spic scanlations that don't even complete the series. And in English it's even worse since they're apparently translated from those.

Also, is it worth picking up the Lost Canvas manga were the anime ends? I've heard conflicting opinions.

yea it was great. Also loved how the 4 first class Pallasites were an actual threat in the second half.

youtube.com/watch?v=p87vfPc8uWc

Which is why the way Hyperion couldn't kill Clothless Saints was such complete bullshit. Especially after a great scene like this.

The reception in Japan was bellow Omega.

OVA vs series but ouch nonetheless

>4 first class Pallasites
A good idea for them. By that point powerlevels of the classic saints was so high you literally needed a god to compete. Those pallasites had the power of a god in a sword and the overall power of 3 Golds at once in base form.
Props for them in making Aegeon and Titan cool as well
>Hyperion couldn't kill Clothless Saints was such complete bullshit.
Weren't they awakening Omega by that point though?

Why? Fujos should eat it up shit like LC.

Because it's bottom-tier shonenshit that only gets any credit thanks to nostalgic spic/euristani normies that watched it on TV as a child.

>normies
I want normalfags to fuck off.

Nah it was when they fought Saturn. Also doesn't help that they had just explained that no matter how powerful a Saint, without a cloth they would easily die.

Are we still getting that Saintia Sho anime? I don't think I've heard about it after the Netflix one was announced.

Next year was announced like two days ago

Best

DAME TU FUERZA PEGASO

Because it's generally not very good and is frankly more than a little gay.

Omega pretty much killed the international fandom. LoS didn't help

Seeing as Saint Seiya was one of their top money makers in the foreign licensing market last year I doubt it

Because it flopped in Murrica.

Saint Seiya is the main reason we have Anime Conventions and cosplayers in my country and basically the only manga I still buy a physical copy. I wish Kurumada could release Next Dimension chapters faster, it will take a decade to animate a season of it and it's the true Zeus Arc everyone was waiting for since the Heaven Chapter movie.

Chinks really like Saint Seiya

Anyone that isn't a murrican likes Saint Seiya.

Didn't Saint Spic flop in Japan as well?

Sup Forums is full of south americans which is the only reason this shit gets as much love as it does.

I liked the second season of Omega better than first but honestly Omega was generally decent.

>Because it flopped in Murrica.
maybe, but it is big in the following countries:

Peru
Bolivia
Ecuador
Colombia
Chile
Venezuela
Argentina
Uruguay
Brazil
Costa Rica

And so on, user

Yeah but chinks make expos with real size cloths

Eh, it's also big in europe and asia, literally everywhere except USA.

Just like the King of Fighters video game series then

Fun fact: Athena Asamiya is a homage to Saint Seiya's Athena

I believe it

Also Kensou resembles Seiya a bit, personality-wise

Got delayed until 2019 last I heard
Hope it gets canceled though, murricans can't into SS

The Athena Asamiya bit is official

>Captain Tsubasa and Saint Seiya brought the fujos to WSJ and changed sport shounen and battle shounen forever
Why my childhood was so gay?

Saint Seiya's OST is probably the best there is. Literally nothing that has come out since has topped it. Not to mention that is 30 years old

Lost Canvas > OG St. Seiya Anime > Soul of Gold > Anything > Shit > Omega > Episode G and Episode G Assassin.

The OST is so good it even get concerts

youtube.com/watch?v=7ZpSG-7i6Es
youtube.com/watch?v=gtZqkktbLrY
youtube.com/watch?v=7BQvyB7g3TM

Technically, Purple Haired Saori was made by the anime, Saori always had light brown hair in the manga.

Are you sure about that?
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Athena_(video_game)

es.saintseiya.wikia.com/wiki/Saint_Seiya_(manga)

If anything, they copied Athena off each other, with the Athena arcade game releasing a few months before the first volume of the St. seiya manga.

Because only Pedros care about it.
>Bandai releases a saint seiya game
>it's dubbed in spanish and portuguese, but not english
Bandai is well aware of their market.

Alma de Soldados?

That shit was legit awesome.

Many countries happen to speak Spanish and Portuguese. "The empire on which the sun never sets" wasn't just a meme. If they make a French dub, it'd only be for France because ex French colonies are too busy killing each other for watching Saint Seiya

ND has entered on the final stage and Kurumada already finished Episode Zero. I wonder if the delayed of the Netflix show and Saintia Sho isn't for boosting ND sales or even viceversa because I read ND sells very well as tankoubon

Is it just me, or is seiya more smug than usual in that pic?

That was before the internet. Many pics were badly drawn copies made by local artists

Why is it so popular in South America and other Spanish-speaking countries?

Latin America values manlyness, courage and loyalty and hate women and fags but somehow have a strange fascination with the latter. Actually, it's not so different from Japan except Japan was able to put its shit together

Guess because the dubs.
Also, afaik, it aired late in USA meaning it would share airtime with newer shows as DB.

oh man

the PS3/PS4 game has a rare as fuck thing: it only has JP and fucking BR (or whatever you shits speak) dub.

i would think that is rare as fuck in an NA region game.

and unlike hues/mexis, fucking USA got its fucking dub in like 2006 instead of like 1986 like hues and EU countries did.

Indeed, soldiers soul comes with latin spanish voices, from the same actors who did the subs.

I guess it's because of a solid plot and being a good show overall.

Same can be said of dragon ball, sailor moon, Robotech, Gundam and the likes.

so the anime chose to give Saori purple hair because of Athena from KoF?

I watched the anime in my childhood and loved it.
Then recently (well more like 9 months ago)someone made a storytime on Sup Forums. It was fun to read it with Sup Forums but honestly I realized something about the manga. Just like Bleach, it solely relied on hype. The super strong characters, the fights that everyone wanted to between character X and Y etc.
Also it had a lot of flaws that pointed out and I would like too add to it the powercreep (think of the silver saints) and the fact that Athena is the most USELESS wharacter ever considering the power she is supposed to hold.

Well, yes and no.
Saori´s Purple hair was retconned to be her when she is more "Athena" than Saori, and since the manga is in black and white, technically it can go either way.

doesn't help the anime portrayed it like powerlevel distance attacks when in the manga it was closer to JoJo than anything