What separates a good CGDCT from a lackluster one?

What separates a good CGDCT from a lackluster one?

The girls.

Good cast of main girls. If your girls are copies of better girls from another CGDCT it’s already too late

Width.

skillful mise-en-scene

How C the G and T are.

lewdness

Remember that the D stands for DOING. Even is a slice of life show, shit still needs to happen even if the status quo doesn't get rocked.

GochiUsa was popular despite most of the girls in that show being carbon copies from keion.

The sizzle. It needs to actually have an interesting premise that gives purpose to an otherwise dull genre.

The hell does CGDCT mean at this point? Stop using that buzzword already.

SoLs depend almost completely on character interaction to carry the interest of the viewer
without the crutch of plot or fight scenes it's harder to do that well

It helps if the characters aren't just caricatures, or some amalgamation of tropes. They don't need to be deep and complex: just act believably.

I almost dropped Yuru Camp in the opening scene where the girls were roasting marshmallows. Girl A (in the most okaasan voice possible, letting us know her entire character from second 1) warns Girl B that she might burn her marshmallow if she keeps it in the flame, and Girl B exclaims, "Eh? Really?" That's not a person, that's a shitty trope that has been taken to a shameful extreme. The characters in Non Non Biyori are literal children, but none of them are that stupid. They feel more like real people than these supposed high schoolers

Also these:

It allows you to know who to ignore.

what is being a retard is a personality trait

like yui

>Eh? Really?
I wouldn't be surprised if many girls are like that IRL

Maybe if they're 3 and don't know the concept of fire.

more descriptive than the buzzword "moeshit"

I met a 21 yo girl that didn't know about how fruits grow from flowers, nor about pollination.
Real people are way more retarded than what you may think.

>The hell does CGDCT mean at this point?
Nothing, but retards love their vague buzzwords because they lack the IQ to describe anything in precise terms.

That scene was to point out the genuinely common misconception of how to roast marshmallows. I've seen it all the time in school trips where we were at a campfire. Heck, look up 'roasting marshmallows' and you'll see marshmallows directly in the fire in some of them.

Lurk 2 years before posting.

Heh.

Please don't compare the GochiUsas to that trash.

The irony of your post is lost on you.

Please eleborate

Don't compare the Gochiusas to goddesses like the Keions ever again on my fucking website.

The Sup Forums term for shows centered around cute girls which is absolutely not a way to separate them from other shows since shows centered on cute girls are in every fucking genre so it's useless.

Your taste.

Likable characters and good interaction. Since animation takes the backseat, what they do and how they do it is now the focus. Shows like K-On, Hidamari Sketch and Aria are pretty much the kings of cute girl SoL because of it. Then you have bad shit like A-channel and Tamayura which are just flat out boring. This doesn't apply just to cute girls though, shows like Mushishi also gets the SoL down pretty well.

what about CGDYT?

I'll bet even she knew that fire burns things.

It's a perfectly valid method. I let my marshmallows burn a little. But besides that, who the fuck puts a marshmallow into a flame without expecting it to catch on fire eventually?

nothing. It all sucks unless there is a self-insert male character. The problem is that 99% of them are yuribait.

There's literally never a reason to self-insert into any piece of fiction ever.

read lacan, self-insert dweebs are all homos

Elder God Tier:
>K-ON!
God Tier:
>Aria
>Azumanga Daioh
>Haibane Renmei
>Kamichu!
>Lucky Star
>Sketchbook ~Full Color's~
>Sora no Woto
Great Tier:
>Aiura
>Anne Happy
>Flying Witch
>GJ-Bu
>Shoujo Shuumatsu Ryouko
>Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru
>Teekyuu
Good Tier:
>Amanchu!
>Love Lab
>Love Live! School Idol Project
>Nichijou
>Sakura Trick
>Wakaba Girl
>Yama no Susume
Okay Tier:
>A-Channel
>Kiniro Mosaic
>Konohana Kitan
>Non Non Biyori
Meh Tier:
>Himouto! Umaru-Chan
Shit Tier:
>Gabriel Dropout
>Gakkou Gurashi
Dropped Tier:
>Danchigai
>Hinako Note
>Komori-san wa Kotowarenai!
>New Game
>Sansha Sanyou
On Hold Tier:
>Bakuon!!
>Koufuku Graffiti
>Koukaku no Pandora
>Love Live! Sunshine
>Minami Kamakura Jitensha-bu
>Paniponi Dash
>Sore ga Seiyuu!
>Yuyushiki

>Not having Urara Meirochou
On that note, I'd put Urara in at least Great tier.

It's in my plan to watch list.

>GJ-Bu
That's not cgdct though since the main character has a benis.

If a guy speaks, it's automatically a bad show.

Kyoro's basically a girl which is why it's listed.

Koukaku no Pandora feels like an anime that predates CGDCT, too colourful and disjointed to really fit. It feels like the original Pocket Monsters.