ITT Great manga, Shit adaptation

Pic related

99% of all manga adaptations ever

Most adaptations are fine, people just feel the need to force themselves to believe otherwise in order to A. feel a sense of superiority over those who didn't read the source, or B. "protect" the series from criticism by claiming the source is better.

But that's great though?

Nowhere near 99% of manga which receive adaptations are great.

At least make a thread of "Great anime, Shit source material" for it to be quantifiable.

Actually this.

Ichi anime was a mess

Bokurano's anime is good in a vacuum, but it doesn't hold a candle to the original

Normalfag answer

Chrono Crusade's anime is decent enough, but it's so inferior in comparison to the manga that it's fucking ridiculous.

Anime wasn't that bad, for the most part it followed the manga really closely so naturally it ended up being good too.
I do agree the direction and OST choices were pretty misguided. But it wasn't a total failure or anything.

Trigun was nice

I'm still mad at Madhouse for this.

I love the Chrono Crusade anime, but I agree the manga is better.

Yamada and the 7 Witches needed to be twice as long.

Yet the manga is still far better.

It's not bad, I just don't think it holds a candle to the manga, especially with how they never properly explained Aion and the Sinners' background and the deal with demons and their horns.

Is the ending less depressing?

For the little budget they have the anime is doing a great job

Slightly less depressing to me, but some people would argue it's more.

>muh b/w crappy images
It's not the adaptation it's the mangatards.

It's such a shame because the seiyuu they chose for the main characters were perfect

Oh, god. This.

This 2bh

koroshiya ichi had an anime?

This is bait.

It is a bit provocative but I unironically believe it.

it was a mistake

The manga is also an adaptation

a good one