How much value do you put into visual direction?

How much value do you put into visual direction?

A lot

Animation is a visual medium, so a good amount. Something like 25-35% of my rating for any given anime is based on visuals.

Is this picture supposed to be good or something?

A lot if it characterizes the characters
Not very much for anything else

A lot.

Quite a lot, but not as much as the writing.

You're still at it, huh?

I wonder if the fagruto poster realises none of those shots are good

I've threatened to end your life so many fucking times at this point I'm considering actually doing it.

I really love these collages of fantastically-directed shots. Anyone got any more? They're really nice to look at.

I love them too, but there haven't been any posted

a lot

Yes.

As much as I do plot and character BS. All aspects are important and must be treated equally.

not gonna lie. some of these naruto grids look good

Guaranteed you haven't seen more than 150 anime

Why does digital anime look washed out and greasy?

Too much to enjoy digital era anime.

A LOT that's why I do not watch japanese animations

God these WOULD be fantastic-looking shots but that cum-stain filter is ruining it. The anime would look so much better without it.

I'm a KinoAni fag so a lot.

You can actually see black in there, the cum filter is almost entirely gone.

>KyoAni
The only good show they've made was Chuunibyou season 1 and even that was pretty forgettable

They make other studios look like living jokes.

If only it was that way from the start, the cum filter's quite distracting and really reduces the hard work that's gone into some of the shots in the series.

Also, there's usually these well-directed shots of critically acclaimed shows, but are there any scenes in an anime that you wouldn't really call critically acclaimed that have some stand-out striking visuals?

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable comes to mind for me, both the earlier and later episodes had some absolutely fantastic visual-work with the changes in color-palettes, transitions and overall creativeness in taking liberties.

Looks fine to me.

The bottom-right ones are superb, but the rest with the filter put a hazy glaze over the scene that diminishes it overall. Still quite good, but they'd be far better without the filter.

>KyoAni garbage looks fine
Fucking americlaps, easily impressed by anything

>Garbage
I'm not even a KyoAni fan but you've got to be blind to deny that they don't make some fantastic looking shows, even if they're not your cup of tea.

Nice agenda you've got there.

VEG is the best looking TV anime of all time, period.

Visually stunning, yes, but not the best looking TV anime of all time.
That'd be Kemono Friends.

>VEG is the best looking TV anime of all t-

Surely you jest.

An anime doesn't need to look visually appealing to look good, Kemono Friends got that perfectly which is why its the best selling anime of all time.

-ime.

I guarantee you idiots haven't seen more than 200 anime and are american

That depends on the heirarchy of priorities. For most shorts visuals are the main thing but for a comedy the main thing are the jokes. That being said better visual direction will always make a show better.

Don't fucking (You) me, my mom said not to talk to anyone who hasn't seen more than 2000 anime AT LEAST.

But you faggot, only beginners with sub-200 think KyoAni is good

I SAID DON'T (You) ME.
Mate I just said I'm not a KyoAni fan,
I just think their shows look pretty, wouldn't sit down to watch one for the life of me though because they're just simply not what I'm into.

Of course visuals are the main thing in anime, they are the primary method of conveying information. If a show can be understood perfectly without any visual aid, it's a radio drama and that makes it objectively worse as an anime because it fails to utilise the defining aspect of the medium.

Source?