Kayneth was a fucking saint among magus

Kayneth was a fucking saint among magus
>wasn't some sicko that brainwashed old couples
>didn't murder children
>didn't cripple some bitch because she didn't reciprocate your love
>didn't ship off his daughter to get WORMed
>didn't sacrifice loved ones and innocents for some childish dream
>didn't torture a spouse with sadistic glee just to get servant dick
The only "bad" thing he did do was kill that rat priest who was conspiring with that smug fucker tohsaka and whose sperm became kotomine.

Like any saint he went through the most suffering.

He publicly humiliated his student and later gleefully described how he would kill him. Those actions do not reflect well on an instructor

Pretty spot on desu

>He publicly humiliated his student
Isn't that normal?

His woman wanting to fuck his servant and all that, I didn't like him at first, but gotta admit, felt sad for the guy.

Truly, the El Melloi title is give to the heroes we need but don't deserve.

>Lord El Melloi is honest magus who dies betrayed trying to save his fiancee, even if she betrayed him
>Lord El Melloi II is honest magus that tries to drill some morality into the Clock Tower but gets bullied and he's forbidden from fulfilling his dream of going to the 5th war.

Who is 1,2,3, and 6?

But he was a dick

To be fair to Kariya, he sacrificed his sole chance at happiness so the woman he loved could live a normal life, only to find out that the exact thing he was trying to avoid ended up occurring because she married a guy who was a way bigger asshole than Kariya thought was possible.
On top of that, he decided to throw his life away to save her daughter, and in the process he learned that he cared more about this child than her own parents. Adding insult to injury, when shit went south, the woman he did all of this for blamed him for everything and told him he was the most selfish man in the world.
The fact that it took that much to finally make him snap is nothing short of a miracle.

Velvet and Ryuunosuke. Don't remember 6, haven't watched in years.

maybe that little shit shouldn't have fucking stolen his relic.
He was right btw since magic circuits and lineage does make the magus. Waver still turned out to be a third rate magus in his adult years.

That doesnt mean it´s good

>bring waifu into a sicko battle royale
Biggest mistake.

Waver, Ryunnosuke, Kariya and Sola-Ui.

>gave up all hope of winning the holy grail war so his love who betrayed him and tortured him could live.

Was waver actually a sicko though? I only watched the anime so I only saw one old couple being brainwashed.
Who is Ryuunosuke?

The only person he was a dick to was Waver.
Everyone else were way bigger pricks than him

>Kayneth was a fucking saint among magus
That's not exactly difficult. Mages are a an amoral lot by trade, and he joined a death match with the the intent of killing at least six other people for bragging rights, so even then he's still not exactly perfect.

In the LN, IIRC, Waver was never called out.

Kayneth said some idiot had written an essay about how lineage didn't mean shit, and then told the class it was wrong. Waver got pissy and outed himself as the guy who wrote it.

So fairly standard procedure for a teacher.

>wah wah my teacher's a meanie

Millennials are pathetic. Be glad your teacher doesn't beat you for being a fag.

Kayneth was no saint, he was just a magus that wanted to fight relying his skill in a war that was rigged as fuck and full of double-tripple agents. If anything Kayneth is the Benjamin of the Animal Farm-esque magic experiment that is the holy grail war.

Morally, what Waver did was wrong, but in the end he didn't hurt anyone and the old man even said that it made his wife happy. In this case, the end does justify the means.
Ryuunosuke was the serial killer who summoned Caster.

Waver wasn't a sicko, OP was exaggerating. Ryuunosuke (pic related) is the serial killer who summoned Caster.

>B-But other Magus were bigger dicks than him!
By that logic I could go kill a person and it would be awright just because I didn't kill as many people as Hitler.

Imagine how much better Kayneth's life would have been had he never met Sola.

When the person you killed was Hitler, yes. People are only judging him based on his interactions with other dicks.

>He was right btw since magic circuits and lineage does make the magus. Waver still turned out to be a third rate magus in his adult years.
And yet despite being a shitter as a Magus Waver surpassed Kayneth in nearly all aspects and is more influential and powerful than Kayneth ever war in life. Still a shitter as a Magus though.

But he was a dick

Is there any act that Nasuverse magi can't justify to themselves with "muh Root"?

It really is a shame how his whole family name collapsed after his death and never recovered. On top of all the bullshit that happened to him, his family honor, the most important thing for a magus, was utterly stained afterwards.

>People are only judging him based on his interactions with other dicks.
Fair enough. Still, I'd rather be a dick than a beta faggot who sacrificed everything for a woman who nearly killed him and hated him from the depths of her soul.

Seriously, everyone on Zero is a massive manchild. Only Waver gets a pass because, you know, he was an actual child. And Kirei too I guess.

Waver salvaged everything and rebuilt it harder, stronger and better than ever.

>stronger and better than ever.

>Modern """"""""""""""""""""""""""magecraft""""""""""""""""""""""""""

Solomon is laughing at you as he made a literal who 18 year old employee to a company he helped founded his successor.

Notice how Waver learned from Kayneth's mistake and became bisexual. That way he can never be cucked by a servant, but rather joins in.

>Waver salvaged everything and rebuilt it harder, stronger and better than ever.
That reminds me, how exactly did that work? Did the Clock Tower just say, "Well, you survived and he didn't, so I guess you can take his title and all his stuff"?

>Solomon is laughing at you as he made a literal who 18 year old employee to a company he helped founded his successor.
And you are retarded if you think that makes (you) literally as strong as Solomon. He's successor metaphorically, his ideals and all that crap, not literally skillwise as a Magus.

Specimen A

>muh millenials

>Kayneth's sudden death leaves a gap the organization of his research left at the Clock Tower, and House El-Melloi is left on the verge of ruin. While still considered Kayneth's "most useless formal student", Waver collects the unorganized and unattended works before they are lost, compiling them into the tome named "Lord Kayneth's Encyclopedia of Arcane Secrets." His actions restore the El-Melloi house, and he become known as the "man who revived the Archibalds" or "new El-Melloi." The encyclopedia becomes what acts as the foundation for the flourishing of the house and its descendants.[7]

>“I recognize your deeds to the Archibald family, but since you were only making up for what you caused in the first place, you better serve me for your entire life.”

>—Reines El-Melloi Archisorte, 10th Head of the Archibald family

>Waver takes on the title of Lord El-Melloi II, after the proper heir, Reines El-Melloi Archisorte, a young girl at the bottom of the family's hierarchy, recognizes his achievements, but only does so while letting him know that Kayneth's death was his fault and that he will have to serve her for his entire life.

He turned the blob into Terminator 2 Maid Edition. Can't get any better than that.

Who was a bigger beta? Kayneth or Kariya?

Kek, Found the millenial.

So you were born before 1980?

>Goes to the Holy Grail WAR
>Gets mad when people do anything to win instead of preferring "honorable 1vs1 me faggot duels"
What was the thinking?

>literal bitch boy to Kayneth's baby sister
>more influential than Kayneth

What did he mean by this?

(You) had enough skills as a Master to have an entire army of Servants that could have literally raped the MA to death and crown (You) Emperor of Humanity.

He used to be so cheerful.

I really don't know either. Didn't everyone know that Kerry was the magus killer? Did Kayneth even research Kerry as opponent?

Yes, because they love you personally, but Merlin and Chaldea provided the necessary mana.

Isn't Chaldea just leeching buttloads of mana from Avalon or some shit?

>Introduction - Lord El-Melloi II
>Professor Charisma.
>Master V.
>Great Big Ben Londonster.
>The man that female students named as the #1 man they'd like to get laid by, and so on.
>A famous lecturer in the Clock Tower with many nicknames.
>He doesn't have any problems in declaring he's an archmagus, but he's hopelessly average as a magus.
>But, his skill as a lecturer dominates the rest, and is the best person at detecting the hidden talent of others and training it.
>There are no magi that were his students that hadn't obtained the rank of Grand, and it's even been said that if he gathered his students together, the power chart in the Clock Tower would change.

Waver could literally take over the Clock Tower if only he gave a fuck instead of wasting his time playing weebshit.

Irrelevant to the point. (you) being god-tier at administration and talk no jutsu does not make (you) a good Magus. It makes him good at interpersonal relationships and managing, but not a good Magus. Just like how Waver being a god-tier teacher does not make him a good Magus.

>Gets mad when people do anything to win instead of preferring "honorable 1vs1 me faggot duels"
But that's not at all why he got mad? Or did you conveniently forget all the Mystic Codes he brought with him and all the traps he set up?

>>didn't ship off his daughter to get WORMed
Is it actually confirmed that Tokiomi knew what the Matou family were up to? He's an oldschool Magus, surely what Zouken was doing would be considered immoral.

Wasn't exactly like that. When Fastwheels died all of the branches of the El Melloi family ravaged the place and took almost everything of value.

One of the only things they didn't touch was Kayneth's classroom and right to be a lecturer. Sure it's an honor to be one, but nobody thought it was worth the headache of giving up research in favor of teaching brats, with only the possibility of some of them working as your apprentices. Therefore, they just gave it to Waver because "Well he survived a grail war so I guess he must be worth something"

So he went and started teaching, and not only he happened to be fucking amazing at it and releasing everyone's potential, but his methods ended up gaining him the actual affection and loyalty of his students.

Kayneth's sister saw all this and decided to bully and guilt-trip him into becoming El Melloi II.

>Waver could literally take over the Clock Tower if only he gave a fuck instead of wasting his time playing weebshit.

kek

If he collected his students he'd actually have *some* power as opposed to literally nothing he does right now. Except he'd still be a Reines' itsy bitsy bitch boy.

Touko doesnt care about the root

>surely what Zouken was doing would be considered immoral
Doesn't matter anyway. Whether it's penis worms or arm tattoo, they are both painful. The tattoo probably more so.

>Waver could literally take over the Clock Tower if only he gave a fuck
He really couldnt, some magi could wipe the fucking place devoid of all life if they chose to

He wouldn't have cared anyway because muh root muh tohsaka potential won't be wasted muh daughters will kill one another in a future HGW I'm so lucky

Instead of a Grail War wouldn't it have been easier to reach the Root by gathering 60 years of mana and then sacrifiacing a bunch of humans (Like New York City or Hong Kong) to punch a hole to it.

>But that's not at all why he got mad? Or did you conveniently forget all the Mystic Codes he brought with him and all the traps he set up?
Well does that just mean he's got mad because his strategies were flawed and he did not adapt his thinking to that of his oponent?

Why didnt he choose the Sakura who is one of the strongest motherfuckers in Fate?

Because Tokiomi was prone to making bad decisions.

>Getting gangraped by rape worms is better than getting a tattoo.

I don't even like tattoos and I would prefer the tattoo.

No, he got mad because he went in expecting a mage fight and then Kiritsugu pulled out a gun which are largely ineffective against top-tier mages that can actually fight.
The only reason Kiritsugu's strategy worked was because he just happened to have super special bullets that are the kryptonite of mages. Note that even when he bombed the building Kayneth was in he still survived.

Because Imaginary Numbers does not have as many applications in practice as an Average One does despite sounding OP as fuck on paper.

What will you use more in your life while, say, cooking: A knife? Or a chainsaw? Sure, the Chainsaw cuts harder, but 99.9% of the time you'll be using the knife.

Said tattoo also continuously inflicts a lot of pain to the person 24/7.

Tokiomi was a pleb who didn't knew shit about imaginary numbers.

He serves Reines out of obligation since he believes he's ultimately responsible for Kayneth's death. Some of her demands were just to see what would make him tell her to fuck off.
She doesn't have his loyalty, though. He's a loyal subject of Alexander the Great, and nothing will change that.

Waver fucking Taiga when?

Still better than getting gangraped by rapeworms.

You'd probably get used to it after awhile.

DUDE

Not before Reines pegging Waver in front of Taiga chan.

ALELELELELELE

>tatoo
Is this the family friendly version of worms they used in the movie?

Waver is into little boys.

No. The Crest that Rin has.

God, I fucking hate secondaries.

Why are Waver's students so hyped up? I mean popping brands left and right is pretty impressive no question about that, but when you look at the individuals...

>Manchild
>Furry
>Literal Saberface
>RHINO
>TOHSAKA RIN pleases old men for money OHOHOHOHO
>Fem-Shirou reject
>Sadistic loli
>That weeb nerd loser from Apocrypha
>19th century serial killer

He gets them to do some good fucking magic but they're an unpredictable powderkeg, plus moralfaggotry weakens magi.

>moralfaggotry weakens Magi
Solomon was the biggest moralfag Magi though and at full power could probably rape Gaia.

Everyone underestimated him because he was an outrageous merc who killed with knives and guns, not some anti magic hax

FUCK OFF MORALFAGS STOP RUINING MY CLOCKTOWER

Is it true true that Waver fucked some of his students ?

Oh, I get it, but I don't remember them using the word tatoo to talk about the crest in the VN.

Yeah, me too.
I especially hate secondaries who pretend they read the VN and start posting about their hate for secondaries.

Luvia sleeps with her professors for higher grades so probably.

No Alex.

And they think the Einzberns would send im some low tier merc? All of them are kinda retarded for underestimating Einzberns.

They've been ineffective for years.
The very notion that the Einzberns sent a merc was a sign to the outside that they were fallen

>compiling them into the tome named "Lord Kayneth's Encyclopedia of Arcane Secrets."

That's like, the sweetest thing you could do to the guy who called you a retard and tried to kill you.