Let's make M/a/gic: The Gathering cards of anime & manga characters etc

Let's make M/a/gic: The Gathering cards of anime & manga characters etc.

Superior tool: magicseteditor.sourceforge.net/
Web tool: mtgcardsmith.com/

Examples of mythics from the latest set for inspiration/examples:
scryfall.com/search?q=e:rix r:m&unique=cards&as=grid&order=name

More examples of mythics from the first half of the latest set: mtg.wtf/card?q=e:xln r:m

Also feel free to request cards/provide images for cardification.

Other urls found in this thread:

scryfall.com/search?q=o:"into his or her graveyard"&unique=cards&as=grid&order=name
scryfall.com/card/m11/92
magic.wizards.com/en/mtgarena
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Creature with no P/T

I-I was just pretending to be retarded! h-haha!

>Mill
>In Black
>Costs more than Traumatize
>Costs triple of Glimpse of Darkness

Fixed.

Make it blue.

scryfall.com/search?q=o:"into his or her graveyard"&unique=cards&as=grid&order=name

i tried to see if i could keep it black but i couldn't

add something like "each player discards a card" and then it should be a proper blue black card while keeping the same flavor, I'd say.

I figure this might be a good thread to ask. I'm building a commander deck around Azusa, Lost but Seeking but I'm making it based on the Rabbit team from GuP. A wonderful drawfag from the drawthread is even drawing Azusa cosplaying the card for that. Any ideas which cards could represent the other members?

I currently have:
Ayumi: Ayumi, the last Visitor
Saki: Sakiko, Mother of Summer
Aya: Oracle of Muh Aya
M3 Lee: Mobile Garrison
Usagi-san: Zodiac Rabbit

I still need some fits for Karina and Yuuki, a shame Yuuki-Ona is in red.

This is perfect. Please make the other side as well.

might be interesting to try changing the ability for exert

At 4 mana, it shouldn't have to tap to activate it's ability.
If you want to dump 6 mana into a Terminate, you should be able to.

>all italics

RW doesn't get "destroy target creature"

UB has been getting mill for ages, the classic mill card is still glimpse

B doesn't get first strike, change to menace and it works.

It basically reads the same as T, Exert ~

Giving it haste will mitigate that. B gets haste all the time.

"each," not all.

Yes it should. Repeatable Terminate on a stick only limited by your black mana would be too strong

This is the real assman.

I think Goblin Slayer should definitly get "Destroy Goblin". It would make sense for the mechanik to reference Tivadar and his Crusade who are both in white, even if it does break the color pie

thx for spotting the errors

B does get First Strike. You have cards like Nekretaal and Drana. Even Abbatoir ghoul

Milling is fine in black. The mechanic is primarily shared with blue/green in Ravnica sets, but it gets basic stuff to fill its own GY with basics like Crow of Dark Tidings and Golgari Thug.

More importantly, it also has overly-dramatic milling in cards like Doomsday, Morality Shift, and Neverending Torment. Traumatize fits in black, I'd say.

Especially only for BB. Usually repeatable effects cost far more.

The real problem is that without tapping, it becomes basically infinite damnations. Just tapping BBBB for destroy 2 creatures every turn is overwhelming card advantage.

True, but then R doesn't really get destroy either. MTG design is very particular about only giving multi-color cards effects neither color could have by itself. They'd almost never print a RW card with only Haste, for example.

Something like

1RW
Vigilance
Whenever Goblin Slayer attacks, it deals 3 damage to each goblin creature.
2/3

Makes more sense and fits the color pie better. It also plays more lore friendly, as conceivably a big enough Goblin can kill GS.

B is more historical, and nowadays is almost never used. Drana is a rare, rare exception, and has a good lore justification.
>White and red are the two cards with trained fighters (white has the army and red the creatures that have gotten good through constant impulsive fighting). Black is tertiary, and uses this these days almost exclusively on Knights.
The rouge mechanics have always been Menace, Raid, deathtouch. First strike is out of flavor there too.

G is more about self mill (Loam, GGT). UB are the traditional enemy mill colors, but mono B is fine.

cool mill cards. doomsday looks fun to play

This card doesn't even work.

I like the idea of haste, it makes her a Sorcery speed six cost removal at the worst but still fits thematically. Also I had forgotten exert was a thing, makes the rules text much cleaner looking.

>what? it works just like master of waves what did i do?
>forgot to add the toughness buff
it works, the way i mean it to anyways i just mistyped the buff he gives. the tokens are supposed to get a +1 toughness buff so that they're 2/1s and die off when morel dies or leaves.

just needs an anthem boost i think

Heartstone is superior game and Arena is getting slowly killed

Enjoy your dying medium

he's supposed to have the anthem built in so in a vacuum the flavor is deep purple dissappears when he does. i'm just retarded and forgot to type it

actually a good idea

Quick cards

>Hearthstone is a superior game

Sure love having to spent Vintage Deck level money to get all the cards of a new expansion of virtual rock-paper-scissor cards. HS was a mistake

the other half

>human dinosaur lol
pretty solid quickies. forgot too add the cancer tho

>lmao Betterblossom
Please no.
Also, you didn't give the faeries flying. You need to specify

There are a handful of cards that work that way, but not many.

3/2 statline for that is a bit much. 2/2 be better, or 2/3.

Now that's just too strong. 2/3 vanilla for 1WW is very good, Anthem effect is too good, but you're basically getting a 2/3 body and a 2/1 for 3 that needs to be bolted right away, or you win the game.

Bring the statline down to 2/2, the bonus to +0/+1 or +1/+1 with creatures that are 0/0. Having this sort of win condition is crazy for 3 mana, If you untap with it twice it's basically unstoppable as a tokens strategy. Arguably better than mentor, even.

It's been done a lot in MTG.

I like the idea, but it's not as flavorful. Soulbond works with ANY creature, so this just makes the two into sluts. Try the Brothers Yamazaki thing, or combine them into one card.

>Soulbond works with ANY creature, so this just makes the two into sluts
So it does work perfectly for them

that's true, i forgot to consider the total power to toughness ratio to mana cost. at the current rate it's like, 1WW for essentially a 4/4 split across two bodies. maybe make him a 2/2 and the tokens 0/0s? or keep the statline the same and make him like, 4-5 mana?

Could make it so that only Zero Two has soulbound, and hiro has yamazaki thing. But then i would add "sacrifice paired creature at end of combat" or something like so.

>you didn't give the faeries flying
That was on purpose. 1 extra cmc plus no flying to balance out the extra faerie.

>lmao Bitterblossom
We're not trying to reinvent the game here, just making thematically Sup Forums cards. Wizards makes homages to past cards all the time.

I haven't played MTG in years. Artifact decks were the best.

I like the idea, but I think that Morel's design suits a flicker token generator better than a infinite value/combo piece.

Something like

2WU
Whenever a non-token creature enters the battlefield under your control, create a 1/1 white and blue elemental creature token with flying.
1WU, T: Exile target creature, then return it to the battlefield under your control.
2/4

This would make it a more interesting EDH commander, give the elementals flying, and require proper deckbuilding and synergy rather than just being a one-card combo. I can see it being nuts with a Brago, for example.

True, but that's just misleading then. Faeries almost always have flying, and Faerie Rogues 100% always do. That's like making a dragon without flying, if there's no good reason behind it, like a theme or specific character, don't mess with player expectations.

Too janky, and too drawn out.

>missing the opportunity for "can't fly without two wings"

Come on now.

Affinity still is one of the best decks in modern.

i didn't quite catch it until you said it but does he actually go infinite with himself? the intent was that he creates a deep purple token and then each time he activates the ability he doubles the amount of deep purple tokens on the field. how did i word it wrong?

not bad as an enchantment. different telepathy

whoops, i actually meant it to be an enchantment i just forgot to add the card type. I should really re-read these before i post them.

>True, but that's just misleading then. Faeries almost always have flying, and Faerie Rogues 100% always do. That's like making a dragon without flying, if there's no good reason behind it, like a theme or specific character, don't mess with player expectations.
That's a fair point.

Is it expensive to get into magic?

>RW doesn't get "destroy target creature"

No, because it costs mana to flicker, it doesn't go infinite.

Making doubling tokens is fine, but that sort of thing is too powerful as anything other than a planeswalker ulti or like a 7 mana card. It's a little too swingy, and without good answers in most formats.

Exceptions always exist. W gets "destroy all creatures, destroy specific type creature, and destroy attacking/blocking creature" but not much else, and they've been moving away from it for a long time

Depends on what format you'd like to play, it's fairly expensive in most cases, but if you're just playing casually with friends it shouldn't be too bad. on the other hand if you are trying to be competitive it's going to be hundreds of dollars to make one deck a lot of the time.

Trying to rework the sacrifice aspect.
Used Doom of Death's Gate as inspiration: scryfall.com/card/m11/92

>W gets "destroy all creatures, destroy specific type creature, and destroy attacking/blocking creature"
>destroy specific type creature
Then we agree Goblin Salayer CAN kill goblins, I accept your concede.

not bad. just needs some dank fl/a/vor text

looks great. I like the abilities but i might change it to 5/5 for 5CMC instead having it be a 7/7.

Also i might change the name to Yozuru Kagenui. The oddity Slayer is the sword.

Heh, I really dig the flavour, great way to portray Kagenui's curse. Though yeah, you should probably change the name and make her legendary

Magic is never a game of strictly A or B, fucking future sight proved that. It's about what's appropriate, what's thematic, and what's fitting. You can make a case for a GB Flying Vigilance, and technically it might be a thing, but that doesn't mean it isn't terrible design.

Cool design, actually. I'd probably make it Naya instead, though, ramp the cost to 6 too. This design is perfectly fitting a Naya card. Straight RW doesn't count much for trample, and getting +X toughness is a very much green thing. Going RWG lets you attach each the keywords to two colors. Haste to RW, Vigilance to GW, Trample to RG

Loses to ensnaring bridge.

if you want to just learn to play, i recommend getting magic duels. it's free on steam. just fuck making your own deck and just focus on finishing the story modes with their prebuilt decks. then fuck off that game without putting any money in.

the sequal is in closed beta right now and might be worth checking out. magic.wizards.com/en/mtgarena

>but if you're just playing casually with friends it shouldn't be too bad

this. Also if you want to play with a toptier deck/do whatever you want. i recommend proxying cards. (print out sheets of cards and cut and sleeve them)

Do not bully Frieza

I love these threads.

good thing I have more cards in my deck

are you the author of SOA?

The problem is Hibiki is solidly Boros and not at all green. Maybe it could be like deals damage to target creature or player when attacking but Hibiki is kind of all about direct damage and punching things. The ability was supposed to be an interpretation of "her symphogear is holding hands (she brings people together)", but it felt underwhelming without evasion. +X/+0 is probably better.

maybe

quality

Look up challenger decks, they're 30 dollar preconstructed decks for the second most popular format coming out this April. They should be both mostly competitive and decent value.

Yes, I pointed this card out already and that Goblin Slayer does good in making a reference to both it and Tivadar. Still, they're both in mono-W and from sets that don't really matter for the modern color pie so the other user also has a point

Wow, that's actually such a cool design. The wording is a little off, though.

RR

~ Deals 4 damage to target creature or player unless an opponent pays 2. If He or She does, ~ Deals 2 damage to you.

Trample is very fitting, though. I'd say Hibiki is fairly green, Training and growth are very green things and Hibiki is into that. She also has a berserk mode, a RG thing, and Generally "Convoking" is a green mechanic, tapping creatures you control to get bonuses. If Hibiki is all about friendship, and protection, she's very GW.

Not bad. Make it W though, 1W is a bit much.

Interesting and playable. Not overpowered but maybe not super useful. Could be good in an anime only expansion/block

We need some spicy Levi cards

Looks good! Just missing capitalization on "creatures".

There are surprisingly few Fate cards here

I made a bunch in the past, but the realized they were overloading my cube with TM trash

It's hideously OP and fitting at the same time.

>forgot to make it legendary in previous post

Thanks! Good point on the name and legendary status - there might be a lot of ghost hunters, but she's the only one with that particular curse. Here's a fix.

I'll keep it a 7/7, since it's not uncommon for green to get huge creatures and the drawback is pretty tough to get around in green.

With that mana cost, I don't think it's hideously OP. Only slightly OP.

>She's the only one with that particular curse

It's not playable at all, but fun.

flavor text should be "he doesn't let anyone toss the dice". also like some others said, he should probably do something like destroy attacking or blocking goblins or something

Black draw should be at the cost of life, so the upkeep trigger should lose either 1 life or life equal to the converted mana cost.

Pricing equipment is tough. But I feel like 6 mana to equip and fire a GBE is reasonably costed, compared to Legacy Weapon or Scour from Existence, considering neither are very good.

couldn't you just exile it?

Ordeal of the Seven Sins (1B)
Enchantment - Aura

Enchant creature you control
At the end of your upkeep, put a -1/-1 counter on enchanted creature.

Sacrifice Ordeal of the Seven Sins: Enchanted creature gains +2/+2 and Haste until end of turn.

"The pain and the pleasure all come together."

It's supposed to reflect how fights in Nanatsu no Taizai is typically "protags get beat up -> perform a comeback rush".