Other urls found in this thread:

businessinsider.jp/post-160917
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It aired alongside turds

Before I answer, answer me this, OP:
Have you watched it?

>Cute girls doing cute things but outside

My God, I wonder.

Not him. But I dropped it on Ep. 4. I liked Rin and Akio Otsuka. I'm not a fan of comfy shows. I can understand its popularity, just not for me.

>popular

Is it?

Ask VEG and Franxx

have you seen the stalker threads?

>Why is it so popular?

Friendly pinecones.

It's sheer comfiness has killed millions.

Because it's super comfy and fun, user. Comfy and fun!

it's not that popular
It's selling really well because japanese normalfags are buying it to watch with their kids.

>3.7 and below all around

Japs hate anime huh? Any anime on that site with 4.1 or higher?

>stalker threads
>mattering in the slightest

Above 4.1? Only 22 titles.

Gimmick anime

>3.7
>hate
What?

Catharsis through meditative observing of simple things. Non non biyori 2.0.

>anikore
Dude, that's the Japanese MAL

You realize that yorimoi and yuru camp are the most popular otaku in Japan this seaon, right?
VEG only captures the "artistic" meme faction.

Sales ARE popularity

>events all follow a setup and progression instead of being completely disconnected and episodic
>characters are fun to watch together and aren't totally interchangeably one note in their interactions
>retains a balance between the long slow comfy parts and the shorter goofier parts
>rin actually has a character arc
>10/10 soundtrack
I think it's head and shoulders above a lot of other shows I've enjoyed in the genre, so it's not surprising. The issue though is when people see that popularity and act personally insulted because they didn't like it. You don't have to like it. Just keep liking what you like.

Incorrect. Go to any big anime site out there, otaku or not, and check the top spot, it's almost guaranteed to be VEG.

how else would you gauge popularity? tweets? anikore and 2ch posts? fan art and doujins? It's selling pretty well and it doesn't matter who's actually buying it, normalfags or not.

Not him but how would you personally go about defining popularity?
And are you talking about only japan or the entire planet?

Because all the other CGDCT shows this season suck. Mitsuboshi No Budget? Shit Start? I mean, there's Yorimoi but it's mostly a drama, doesn't fill the cutesy SOL niche.

>Kyoanifags redefining popularity as anything but sales
Yeah, we get it. Idolshit are ranked low and therefore not popular

You seem reluctant in answering the question. Is something wrong?

seeSales are an objective way of gauging popularity. How else would you define it?

>not liking mitsuboshi colors

BD sales make up about 12% of all income. Are you saying 12% is what objectively defines what is popular and what is not?

BD sales is directly proportional to the popularity of the franchise as a whole

A few exemptions like daytime anime, manga ads, and game ads does not change the logic behind it.

[citation needed]
if something sells more than the other, and this is disregarding baitshit like idol tickets and game codes, wouldn't you agree that it's more popular than something that sold less?

Because it's actually fun to watch.
God forbid a show dares to be fun.

It's proportional, just not linear nor exponential. Hence, it's a bad way of defining popularity when there are lots of exceptions.

businessinsider.jp/post-160917
Saying BD sales is an objective way of measuring popularity and then excluding bonuses that make sales skyrocket is Special Pleading and it's intellectually dishonest.

BD sales income has also decreased by almost 33% in recent years, are you saying anime in general became less popular despite the overall growth of the industry?

Cool. Let's redefine it with all the reported incidents over Yuru camp manga being sold out on all bookstores
Or the increase of campers in Japan
Or the anons who end up burning the forests and igniting themselves because of the show.

Stop it already and admit that your VEG flopped and all the years of hype failed spectacularly

It's important to remember that normies don't really watch this. It's not even top 10 by MAL viewership.

At least for Sup Forums, it's popular here because it fits a niche that Sup Forums typically likes (that is, comfy things and CGDGT).

It is when you consider that popularity is relative. One show will always be more popular than the other, and sales are one of, if not, the best ways of measuring this. The original question was This show is selling more than others, there may be things more popular than it, but relatively speaking it's popular seeing as it's one of the best sellers so far this season. It doesn't matter if it's a fad that will fade within the season, it doesn't matter if the show itself is not very good, it's selling well compared to other shows which we can equate to popularity.

VEG is in your head rent free.

You seem to have understood that I was saying Yuru Camp is not popular when in fact all I said is that it's not as popular as one might initially think.
I also did not redefine anything, I merely used your definition to bring forth arguments that it was de facto incorrect.

And why does this have to be about VEG anyway?

Post some Aoi, guys.

>Shitting on Yuru Camp oriented thread
OBSESSED

Who the hell is shitting on it?

Popularity is not relative. Relative is giving too much importance and relevance to a small fraction of what makes something popular as a whole.

>Relative is giving too much importance and relevance to a small fraction of what makes something popular as a whole
Holy fuck. Just post the updated stalker points instead of going philosophical

Who gives a shit about normalfags and gaijin? We clearly are talking about Japan here where the thing is selling by the ton both BD an Manga and it's getting the hikkis to go innawoods.

Having a Trigger, Shaft or Kyoani show airing always make this kind of discussion virtually impossible. Now imagine having two of them at the same time. Studio drones are pathetic, and so are people like these who can't shut up about shows they don't even like.
>normies
>MAL
End yourself normalfaggot.

its fucking intense

This thread isn't comfy at all!

OP was asking for it.

Funniest thing is I'm watching all four of these. Yuru Camp is by far the best one. VEG is only good in visuals and when the side characters of the episode are good.
Franxx at least is fun to watch.
What gets me the most is, who the fuck cares about Jap sales? I thought Sup Forums understood that Japan's taste is utter shite.

Those 2

*blocks your path*

Those 2

horrendous taste

No matter how bad Japan's taste, that's what will dominate the futurue of the industry, along many other factors that are only decided by Japan. Deep inside there's people care for the future.

My wife Aoi is so cute

Because it makes people happy and motivated to do stuff outside.

Wrong, it creates the illusion of a fake motivation.

Money is what dominates the future of any industry and the japanese market is no longer the largest out there.

>People who like VE also like Ero Manga Sensei, Reddit: Zero, & Harem of Elite
MUH Charles Dicken tier writing

this really made me think

What website would that be? Legit curious.

kissanime

otakus discovering life beyond cartoons

its incredible the degree that autistic nerds gather up and parse all these stupid numbers and shit because they need validation for liking things or not liking things.
and because being a good critic requires time and effort and requires you to take a stand.

>Retards fighting over what defines popularity
Then what is it? BD, manga boost, streaming,merch, what else? What's the most important thing?

Just those 2

I see, thank you. Thankfully I used the word "almost" huh.
Anyway, thanks. I'll go check their taste now.

Yo.
Your general is up.
Please migrate at once

It's the AOTS.

>MAL viewership
MAL does not represent a significant demographic. Even when it comes to non-Japanese viewers it's a very isolated sample audience.

> streamers like shounen
Wow who would of thought

Correct. China on the other hand overshadows everyone else it's not even funny.

BD + Merch.
Word of mouth popularity doesn't matter if it doesn't make the creators money.

pfffffffff HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>pedophiles unironically believe this

So thanks to the chinks VEG, Overlord and Citrus are big hits huh

So why did so many shows with high BD sales never get sequels, and why did so many with low sales get sequels? It's almost as if there's more to this than one set of raw numbers mashing against each other like action figures on the playground.

who the fuck cares

VEG and Overlord are actually big hits. Citrus however can hardly stand on its feet there.

Yes, I'm sure Re:Zero and Classroom of the Elites are bigger deals than Symphogear and Nanoha

Just hide and ignore. I'm a VEGfan and I really don't care about sales. This shitposting has gotten ridiculous.

>I'm not a fan of comfy shows
Remember when we used to tell 14-year-old edgelords to lurk more before posting?

Citrus is Cruchy's property.
It's a bigger deal there

Who said that was the case?

I use to like camping

Your China

Ok, and?
The reply chain is about international viewership.

Don't pull your Chinese numbers if you don't know how it works

But we do know how it works. Lacking the exact numbers written on the contract does not make figuring out what is making money and what is not a mystery.

Calm down man. I'm not insulting it. I just don't like it.
I think the most "comfy" anime I like was HanaIro, Azumanga, and YuYuShiki.

yuru campers are peaceful they said
they're comfy people they said

Treating it as something more important than domestic sales is where your logic fails

It's informative and cute.

For overall profit it is indeed more important than domestic sales.
For second seasons? Nope.

Will it be remembered in 5 years?