Why do people hate dubs if voices like Tomoyo's are considered ok in japan?

Why do people hate dubs if voices like Tomoyo's are considered ok in japan?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jpYiJzieWlc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Have you heard the new CCS dub? Tomoyo's voice is pretty awful and so is Syaoran's. Both are way too breathy.

Do you not like the original voices in japanese?

Your question doesn't make sense

Most are okay, but some are clearly "40 year old jap mothers strangling their voices to make themselves sound younger".
You know, the exact problem people have with dubs.

There are sometimes when the characters in Clear Card do sound like adults but I don't remember it being an issue in the original. In any case it still generally isn't bad and the English dub is pretty awful if only because two characters have shitty voices.

New OP (Rocket Beat) and ED (Rewind) confirmed for CCS. The ED is sung by Akiho's VA.

Yasuno Kiyono will be in charge of the new opening and Suzuki Minori for the ending.
The composer for the opening will be Katsutoshi Kitagawa (from Round Table) and for the ending, Yusuke Shirato (MahoYome's first OP).

Why are they changing it so soon? I know they do it periodically with anime but this season is only going to be 22 or twenty-something episodes and changing it halfway through that seems way too quick.

Changing OP&ED after the first cour is pretty standard.

Maybe I'm just not watching the right shows but I know bigger shows like Naruto and One Piece didn't used to switch their openings that often. Even most of the the anime I've watched that only have 26 episodes typically only have one opening. Maybe it's a more recent thing than anime I usually watch.

That's pretty much the standard for anime right now, although I'm sad because I really love CLEAR and like Jewelry.

Two wrongs don't make a right OP

I'm not autistic enough to care if its a dub or not.

>Akiho sings a song called Rewind
Timetravel confirmed

With all the clock stuff and Yuna's stated goal it's obvious something time related is going to happen but there's still no telling what's actually going to happen.

Syaoran also doesn't sound like an angry little shit. In Clear he's grown past that, sure, but his new English VA sounds like if he voiced the kid in these scenes that he'd be egregiously miscast:
youtube.com/watch?v=jpYiJzieWlc

Really, Syaoran should have been dubbed by Cathy Weseluck.Because she shares a character with Syaoran's seiyuu, Makoto Kumai. A character I cannot mention outside of it's containment board. Because both women pull off the same snarky boyish jerk voice that each character has.

Jason Liebrecht is not a snarky boyish jerk. He works in Tsubasa as Syaoran because THAT Syaoran wasn't introduced as a petulant little shit who doesn't give a fuck about anything or anyone that stands between him and a goal he is convinced is his birthright that some dumb stupid dumb cooties girl who is dumb and has cooties stole from him like a dumb stupid cooties girl.

Tsubasa Syaoran wasn't an angry punk. So his VA shouldn't play his alt-universe angry brat version.

I just think his voice is way too fucking high. Obviously Syaoran is around 13 years old (in Clear Card) but Yamazaki's dub voice doesn't sound like a preteen and they should have tried to match the Japanese voice's deepness. I can't even imagine this voice being TRC's Syaoran, especially since that Syaoran is 14.

Syaoran's voice is really the only one I have a massive problem with. I don't really like Tomoyo's either but I might be able to get used to it. The only issue with hers is that it's too breathy. But that's two characters that show up a lot so that's an issue.

>some dumb stupid dumb cooties girl who is dumb and has cooties stole from him like a dumb stupid cooties girl
This made me laugh.

Sakura sent Syaoran plenty of nudes and it calmed him down.

>Syaoran wasn't introduced as a petulant little shit who doesn't give a fuck about anything or anyone that stands between him and a goal he is convinced is his birthright that some dumb stupid dumb cooties girl who is dumb and has cooties stole from him like a dumb stupid cooties girl.

This is the best summary of Syaoran's character.

I was physically repulsed when Syaoran said "Dame ka?" as if he was actually a cool boyfriend type the whole time.

Original doesn't always mean good.

Character development is a thing. Also I don't see what's the problem with him getting concerned over Sakura, he did it in the original too.