The Breakers

Do you miss me user?

i miss this so much

part 3 when?

the only good things about new waves were waifus and arguably old man
the plot was shit

Hopefully never. New Waves sucked.

Is there any other manga out there that hits the same sweet balance between realistic looking move and over the top naruto shit?
My arbitrary guess would be something like 2 years.

I remember liking part 1 but not part 2 for some reason. It's been such a long time, is it worth giving it another shot?

People tend to shit on New Waves as if part 1 was some kind of masterpiece. In reality both parts are actually equally shit, and only good for dumb entertainment value and cute girls and based old men.

Part 2 starts off way too slow since no one believes he isn't gonna get his abilities back, but they blue ball us for ages.

Eventually though towards the end (which kinda made me think the Elder was being meta) it did get pretty good.

I remember liking this so much, yet now I've completely forgotten what it was all about.

New Wave lost the good pacing the first one had, I remember chapters that had absolutely nothing happening in them

Shioon is some lethargic shitty kid who gets trained by an outlaw martial artist who was the only one trained in some dark martial art and ends up getting hunted down by the martial arts alliance that wants the technique.

It sounds generic as fuck like this but its the pacing that really sells this series.

Never

Is this shit New Waves finished? First part was amazing then New Waves was ok but then it was dragging and getting worse and worse.

New Waves ended years ago
it's on hiatus

Disgusting. I stopped reading it more than 3years ago. Did anything intresting finally happend? I was dragged and getting morecomplicated without any explaination I got bored of it. Did they explained why Goomoonryong went all betrayal and trundere in New Waves?

>hiatus
Fuck

well apparently it's coming back this year
don't have any sources tho

>Did they explained why Goomoonryong went all betrayal and trundere in New Waves?
Yeah, sort of.
After going berserk due to his girlfriend being shot, he went back with his rebel buddies. Their boss then drugged him the fuck up to the point he barely had any memories.
So he sort of became a mindless killing machine, although near the end of part 2 he starts refusing to take the drugs due to a flashback after meeting shi-woon.
>Did anything intresting finally happend?
There's a bunch actually. But the most interesting are right at the end, with Shi-woon going to the previous chies of the murim alliance, part 1's main villain, to continue his training and the rebel boss who drugged Goomoonryong the fuck up finding out about shi-woon who was supposedly 'hidden' from him by goomoonryong & buddies.
Also, the girlfriend that got shot is actually still alive, sort of, and the little girl who's the real head of the family that shi-woon is acting head of becomes an incredibly lethal killer, able to kill anyone just by making physical contact.
That said, the interesting things prior to the end happen quite rarely. There's a lot of 'will he/won't he' about shi-woon getting his strength back, an arc about multiple disciples of goomoonryong showing up, an arc about drugs, admittedly there are some pretty good shi-woon fights too and there are also some elders teaching shi-woon which was interesting. Also fujobait, a loooooot of fujobait.

Why? Did the author and artist have an argument? This is giving me Veritas flashbacks.

They are working on something else

Shitty SoL romance thing

Drugs really? He was supposed to me such a beast. Sad, so they dragged whole New Waves like that. Look's like author lost any good ideas after first season which was really good. Anyway thanks.

Goooonryong is an alcoholic deadbeat at that point, he went completely off the reservation and asked for a ki medicine that would remove painful memories. Being that he had a kind of shitty life, that meant the majority of his memories.
It wasn't that the author didn't have any ideas, more that he had too many and tried to cram them all into a single series which resulted in the pacing slowing to a crawl. It's actually not so bad if you read it in one go now that it's finished, but it sucked when it was once a week.

I will maybe try some day. But what was great in it for me was the relation between MC and Goooonryong and Goooonryong himself. Then this sudden ending and he was barely show since then. I mean yeah he had some chapters but it was not the same guy.

The elders are pretty based. Even the Former Alliance Leader.

I still have hope that it will return. One day.

This guy!