Darling in the Franxx

>post-apocalyptic world
>main characters are indoctrinated to fight against an ambiguous enemy
>clear hints of hidden agendas in leadership
>orchestral music

Is Darling in the Franxx going to be the Nier: Automata of anime?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Qbvehl9Ij4c
youtube.com/watch?v=YMKskuvJTcs
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>main characters have code numbers instead of names
>nicknames are a unique thing of intimacy and friendship

>orchestral music
Not gonna lie but the soundtrack has been so alright that I haven’t even noticed what it is like specifically.

>more like Darling in the Flop amirite

>More like Dick in your Fuck amirite?

For the Glory of Mankind.

youtube.com/watch?v=Qbvehl9Ij4c
youtube.com/watch?v=YMKskuvJTcs

The Nier OST is of a much higher quality, but the tone is very similar.

>humanity is already extinct and all the Plantation cities are empty props
>humanity is actually the klaxxosaurs

Which one's it gonna be?

It's the evangelion of anime

>adults are fake (no faces)
>dinos are original humanity (FXX cockpits = klaxosaur cores)
>parasites are serial clones (childbirth is forgotten)

No. Not even close.

>First part is boring and full of cliches
>Second part goes full kino and fuckts every stablished trope up

If only

I refuse to watch this because I'm sick of seeing it posted all the time... Anyone else?

No

No.
What was the point of that post?

Nier didn't invent those things, you know.

No, because the main love interest is a disgusting slut.

>post-apocalyptic world
>main characters are indoctrinated to fight against an ambiguous enemy
>clear hints of hidden agendas in leadership
You forgot
>allows main characters to go to the beach despite being indoctrinated to fight against an ambiguous enemy

Hakase doesn't seem to have a lot of respect for APE.

Just trying to see if anyone else consciously ignores anime that gets popular while it's airing and not retrospectively. Please be patient I am acoustic and half asleep.

What are you even watching this season? Slow Start?

Sometimes. But I started watching Darling before it became a meme, so I'm exempt from that.

Darling is best boyfriend for wild dino.

wild dino is best girlfriend for darling

>I am acoustic

The beach was the Dr. Franxx's idea, it didn't come from Papa/APE. Besides, it's not actually that implausible to do it if they believe it could legitimately benefit parasites. They're already spending a ridiculous amount of resources to build and maintain they idyllic little forest home, what's a day at the beach?

These, really

I wonder what significance Kokoro's childbirth book will have.

It's going to shit the bed soon.

How?

Have any of this weeks 4koma's been translated?

Walmart EVA

That was last season

Those were all done better in the first NieR

>EVA

The one thing great about the show is how easily it exposes newfaggots who have never seen EVA.

>Parasites are robots, that's why they never grow up

fuck

>APE secret laboratory in snowtree land
>shota genius 001 meets loli red oni 002
>hand holding and talk of jian birds ensures
>something something klaxos plz go?
>many years pass, APE recognise 001 as a distinguished scientist
>001 completes the first prototype Franxx which he pilots with 002, love intensifies
>001 reluctantly helps APE develop their mass cloning program to provide Franxx pilots to combat the klaxo menace. He quietly notes that one stamen is a clone of himself and should be extremely compatible with an oni pistil
>002 becomes pregnant with the 001's child, human-oni hybrid horned girl is soon born
>life is good for the doc
>battle gone wrong ensues, 002 dies from wounds and 001 gets mangled, aged and klaxoaids costing him much of his body
>APE shuts it all down, lab gets overrun with klaxos, lets daughter live if only for the sake of the docs remaining sanity
>daughter inherits her late mother's code number and made to pilot with APE special forces
>02's dream is to return there to find out the truth about her earliest memories but needs a darling strong enough to take her there

They do grow up. The issue is that they never become "adults" in their world.
Adults being a social status of normal living people versus the children who are forced to fight and protect the plantations their whole life.

Look at the guy in the middle. He's easily older than most people on Sup Forums.

>that tree
Wait a minute...

>Look at the guy in the middle
He looks like he has grey hair wtf.

>muh power of love cures deadly ills
>literal unironic beach episode
>Hiro could you please bend me over and fuck my brains ou...
>OH LOOK SHINY!
>Hiro you fool

I'm afraid Franxx isnt going to be anything memorable at all.

It feels like a cowardly story that is afraid of getting serious despite having an amaxing premise.

He doesn't "look like". He IS an old man with grey hair. Being a child in the DarliFra world is a permanent thing.
As the bird man says "Fight for our protection, fight until you die."

lmfao

No, it's supposed to be the Casablanca of our generation.

child and adult doesn't refer to their age but to their social status.

>amaxing premise
Wow, sexual Pacific Rim

Look at the right too, the girl seems to be going grey too and the guy looks like he's turning into a fucking skeleton. APE mentions Hiro not aging after riding with 002, so people assumed premature aging was part of how she killed people, but looking at p26 it could be something that can happen to any pilot.

Careful, user-kun!
Your bait is showing.

no because asstomato is actually good

What are Onis?

I'm guessing one doesn't simply merge giant blue inhuman monster DNA with human and get something as adorable as 002 out of it

Was 002's original form/mom/genetic base created by the Klaxxo hivemind as an attempt to understand and achive coexistance with humans?

we Eureka seveN now

>>adults are fake (no faces)
What do you mean, "fake"?
>>dinos are original humanity (FXX cockpits = klaxosaur cores)
Not likely, they are giant robots that came out of the Earth's core. The Klaxxosaur core is probably just the heart.
>>parasites are serial clones
They do call Hiro a specimen and the OP implies it, so this is all but confirmed.

No, it's the Evangelion of mecha.

What do you think about this?

All about staring at hot robo ass? Yes, yes it is.

>as adorable as 002

Because ups, who would have thought they'd find traces of our old civilization together with information they don't want the parasites to learn about.

I wonder if Franxx said something to Mitsuru about going exploring. Otherwise they wouldn't have gotten their child-making book

But they just explored random buildings

I'm just glad this show is flopping.

There's lewd things everywhere. I just wish 0ni would have showed up a little later so Ichigo could have gotten herself a shoujo manga.

Why?

>What do you mean, "fake"?
Not human.
>Not likely
See pic.

I'm pretty sure the Klaxosours are machines designed by the humans to drill for and collect magma. They probably started out as normal looking oil rig type machines and then were given AI and the ability to self replicate/self improve with new models to massively increase their resource collection ability. Would be easy to get from that point to where we currently are in the story.

Nothing's translated. The 4koma, the manga, even that special tv program.

I just realized why this show is not selling.

This is the same as BnHA, a shounen popular on the pleb sites with high manga sales. BnHA sold in low 2ks, this will make it a bit higher since it's an anime original on top of that.

Shut up about sales. There's a fucking general for that.

Coconuts on the white tree

>please don't remind us how this show will bankrupt trigger
hah

Holy fuck, I wasn't expecting such a retarded response.

I fucking wish. Not only Trigger didn't invest in this show, they do a half-assed job with production as well.

>be Dr Franxx
>have one day to fuck with the test subjects
>simultaneously make them start thinking about how humanity used to live before the plantations, which probably hadn't even occurred to them before, and give them a book related to sexual relationships

What's his agenda?

Having fun. What's funner than a beach episode.

Beach episode didn't need to take place next to the old town with the clinic, he's up to something.

Re:Zero and MiA were popular but were selling like shit initally as well. A-1 just needs to turn the edge up to eleven if they want japs to buy it.

In both cases people were waiting to see the execution which they nailed. This is not that sort of show according to Nishigori

I like to call Dr.Franxx the Dr. Ex Machina, cause all the dumb writing and the cliches can be attributed to his ingenuity and his subversive genius.

Most people watching this will agree that it deserves to flop if it will turn out to be just a seishun shit with robutts. It's not why DitF became popular at all. People knew exactly what they were in for in BnHA case, that comparison is invalid.

They are already back to their well executed cliche line of defense though. People trying to justify a beach episode with two minutes worth of worldbuilding because they showed a abandoned city and said things almost everyone already inferred from before

All that and they still find ways to hamfist shitty "romance" cliches in and provide us with tasteless ecchi.
Sasuga, Trigger.

Is kokoro and mitsuru gonna fuck or what

what about my poor boy fatty-kun?

They'll probably fuck.
Fat will either binge eat his sorrows away or get killed off.

I don't see how a beach episode is worse than any other goofing around like retards episode. Personally, I think that it was a lot better than episode 2. I don't even remember what episode 2 was about other than 02 consuming honey and MC going limp on Ichigo. The show is slow as fuck, fucking Hayashi couldn't write a story that doesn't stall until the second half to save his life. I would just watch it later but I don't want to miss the moment if it does lift off at some point.

Did OP even played Nier and just went with some review he read on a pretentious site?

I missed you memeboy

To be fair the whole game is pretentious.

More like the tryhard Eva wannabe of anime. Mecha designs are shit too.

>Is Darling in the Franxx going to be the Nier: Automata of anime?

Strelizia!

Suetrelizia

Fuck off the robots are the best part of this animu.

>Suetrelizia
We've reached the point where a robot is being called a Mary Sue? I guess the word has lost all meaning. Or Sup Forums is getting dumber.

Please do not sue Strelizia. Going to court is always a hassle.

The robot lion is the best designed one but it takes that shitty humanoid form when 02 pilots with Hiro.

Miku!

>robots being cute girls doesn't make them better
Back to your containment board, /m/.

FranXX defense force scramble:
We need to make an excuse for why the teenagers in this show fall in love, get flustered and horny yet don't know what love or kissing is as well as other normal human emotions in all likelihood.

That looks pretty good.

Did these mechs ever get a name?

A show about sexually repressed teens piloting mecha fueled by horniness should really be more fun than this is.