What are some anime that men will never understand?

What are some anime that men will never understand?

Otome Dori

Evangelion

Citrus

Me on the left.

Anything about being a massive whore and/or stabbing people in the back for trivial reasons.

Sure but to be fair women will never understand it either.

>read shounen manga
>boy MC never gets a girlfriend and has a crush on one person the whole series
>read shoujo manga
>girl MC is fucking her teacher in his car in the first chapter

Adaptions of otome games/manga rank the highest

I read the manga (what is translated), and I fucking hated it overall.
As a rockband story, BECK is way better, even with the weird arcs.
As a romance story, its shitty because it overstays its welcome by the means of filler after filler
Rocker Nana is a fucking hideous character, a bitchy ice queen, she wants life to be served to her in a silver platter. She didnt fixed her problems at all.
The other Nana is a fucking child with no agency at all. She doesnt even try to get her shit together other than stay with a man that "loves" her and endure with the stoic nature of a older generation japanese woman that prefers security over happiness, also she is a dick to the guy that truly loves her because she cant grab life by the horns.
I give you that some of the characters feel "real" because they are stupid and have many flaws. They are not the perfect bunch that gets along nicely and get to laugh at the sunset at every episode.
TL;DR: One nana is a fucking bitch, while the other nana its just a dumb woman that its a bitch because she cant take decisions properly.

You cant be fucking serious, Ebichu is funny and the MC, her owner its just a "normal" salarywoman. There is no "mysteries of the salarywoman" to be resolved other than she's a cunt to Ebichu when it only tries to help her with horrendous and comical results.

What was the shoujo manga?

Any anime with a female protagonist that doesn't have the personality of a male

A woman would only have devotion like that in fiction

you will never forget

Fuck off back to Sup Forums crossboarder

More like any anime with a female main written by a woman.

But seriously nobody is unable to understand a story because they are the wrong gender. So long as you have the ability to feel empathy you can understand the underlying emotions behind an experience even if you’ve never had that experience yourself.

>As a romance story, its shitty because it overstays its welcome by the means of filler after filler
>The other Nana is a fucking child with no agency at all. She doesnt even try to get her shit together other than stay with a man that "loves" her and endure with the stoic nature of a older generation japanese woman that prefers security over happiness, also she is a dick to the guy that truly loves her because she cant grab life by the horns
>the other nana its just a dumb woman that its a bitch because she cant take decisions properly.
Holy shit it doesn't get any better? I dropped it after the second or third chapter for these exact reasons.

Wrong

This

Pretty much this, every time I see Otome's when I look for PS Vita games I can't think of any reason for a guy to be interested in them, the guys aren't even that cute looking either.

May not have been her teacher but it was Nana. The blonde nana was fucking some older guy when she was in high school

Don't forget her friend getting fingered by a guy she literally just met the night before in the next chapter.

Umineko

> "What are some anime that [POLITICIZED GROUP A] will [INSULT]

This thread should be deleted. Please use the report function

any manga/anime where the girl is a massive whore and still gets the best boy. she cheats on him then but the guy says something along the lines of it's my fault, and they reconcile anyway

short answer: nope
Long answer: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOPE
I read this as a personal challenge, because someone said that it portrays some woman personality traits well.
Well, All I can say is that I fucking hated both nanas in the end because their defects are stronger than the traits.
Do not invest your time in this

I hate shoujoshit so much

Anonymous Noise

I know Japan is suppose to have this reputation of a nation that values purity, what with the Idol industry and Otaku culture but are the women really just sluts?

Not anime related. Stop it.

they do value purity but that generation is waning. the newer generations are generally frustrated by the post ww2 gen and there's valid reasons for that. regardless, purity is no longer has a strong foothold as it once does. go watch some documentaries on youtube or whatever regarding their adult video industry, and of students regarding sex. you might be surprised.

still, it's way better than america

t. the only "shoujo" i've seen is nana

unironically

Are these things actually trends in shoujo or are you guys just reciting shit you picked up from /r9k/

ill answer you seriously. those are the extreme ends of the spectrum within the shoujo genre when it comes to romance. still, the majority of work always feature girls getting undeserved attention from loads of hot males, despite doing shitty things. they are not necessarily sexual and are rarely sexual but it still counts as two-timing. it gets incredibly frustrating when the right choice is extremely obvious, but this is both an issue with shounen and shoujo, it's just an attempt to max profit by delaying the ending

i hate most shounenshit too, just to be clear. in fact moreso than shoujoshit.

Women wish to be able to emotionally distance themselves from everything in one split second and not feeling it like men can

I swear they can't take joke

Depends on what you look for. Unfortunately quite a bit is reverse harem / otomeshit like what is referencing, but there are some reasonable ones around as well.

Thanks. That sounds much more realistic. I've only seen, I think, one shoujo. But I did notice the obvious archetypal format of having "one girl who is the complete center of attention who has tons of attractive men of different sorts swirling around her"

Not too different from a typical harem, at all. Just with the genders reversed. Hardly a pretext for the political assertion of the "reprehensible moral inferiority" of the gender. I.e. I ask again to please keep fruitless sociopolitical squabbles off the board. When the (((UN))) starts flooding Japan with seamonkies then we can chimp out. But until then lets keep this kind of crap under wraps.

It's time.

gold but more blood was shit

Nana isn't a wish fulfilment series it's more of a this is how roasties actually are in their personal lives story

It can be difficult and frustrating to get through especially if you not accustomed to what girls are really like behind the nice girl persona they have when interacting with beta males

it's like any nation, the men value purity and the women don't give a fuck lmao, don't ever buy the meme of muh conservative wimminz, no such thing

Japan has more virgins than most Western countries though because there are so many Japanese dudes that just never date or interact with girls

>Nana isn't a wish fulfilment series it's more of a this is how roasties actually are in their personal lives story
In many manga, even if the characters fucked up, you can feel some sense of improvement because they learned from their errors. In Nana the MCs are just fucking dumb because they dont learn anything from their experiences. Again, its like they are deprived of their own volition and are just passengers in the story.
Even some side characters try to learn from their previous errors. I dindt sensed that from either Nanas
Nah, I had interacted with bitchy girls, but Rocker nana is just despicable, shes unreliable, volatile as fuck, dependent, manipulative, hypocritical. Many characters orbitate around her, and even when she depends on them to do her job, or to have a healthy relationship, she dont care about them in the least.

Wow, I thought it was a joke but after this post I guess men really will never understand that series.

Usagi Drop

Not even girls like it.

Utena? most people who seem to like it are women and trannies

Anything made for otaku.

Not anime but still in the context.

T-This is true, I don't?

Explain to me the appeal of Takumi fucking Usui as one half of a romantic couple when the opening 2 chapters has him blatantly manipulating a whole school through his own popularity to participate in ritual abuse of his so-called "love interest"?

Because I don't find that shit romantic, but considering I'm a man, I probably shouldn't. Mind explaining to me why women want to bother at all with someone like that? Misaki's annoying for sure, but she doesn't essentially abuse her own damn connections just to get someone to turn into a crawling, wrecking mess. I don't "understand", so explain that crap to me.

This is a good answer, it seems like a lot of the posters here genuinely never even consider women going through the mental fuckery and emotional trauma this girl did.

Not when the stalker is literally me

That manga almost made me consider that women can feel lonely too, but then I posted on Sup Forums again and stopped thinking that 3DPD have feelings.

They only pretend to "understand women" through stereotypes, so genuinely I'm not surprised if they don't empathize ironically or unironically a little bit with this manga.

How do you ironically empathize with something?

>I tried reading a shoujo manga but it's always about rape
How do you guys find these kind of shoujo manga? Whenever I try to look for a good one I always have to sift through the dozen cliché ones with the "plain" high school girl who meets black hair dude, there's also mr sameface but with blonde hair instead and we have a love triangle that spans for the rest of the manga that girls eat it up. The only rape that could happen would be the feMC getting herself into trouble (the usual blind date in a karaoké room) and MC saving her.

Sorry for being such a virgin, but I just don't care about a blog in manga form. Much less if it is about a dyke complaining aout his life, but I can see why women would empathize more with it.

Osomatsu, only girls with the most patrician taste can truly enjoy this show

Do you have the one where the heroine is on the phone and the screen zooms into the shota vampire? It was my favourite.

And then again with opinion validation based only on sexual experiences.

Everytime I say something bad about that manga they call me a virgin, so I just tried to keep it out the way from the beggining.

Anyone can find it funny, but only massively depressed women with low self esteem can enjoy it to its full potential.

ow

I'm a man and I laughed at this.

This is daddy issues, the show.

Too many feels.

It hurts for me too.

I fucking loved that one

You didn't understand that show at all, did you

I'm OP and this was the last thing on my mind. This is one of the few shoujo/josei that won't completely turn off most men.

This.

Mami had the hardest life and deserves to be hugged and cared.

Unironically this one

Lol women have the worst tastes

>What are some anime that men will never understand?
Do you mean men in general or men on Sup Forums?

And what's your favorite anime, pray tell?

I have decent self esteem and I love it, but that's just me

>women
>depression

Need I explain, milady?

Sometimes the character or the story is just too dumb it's funny to watch

I would understand if she liked him despite his size if he had a good personality, but he was a manlet AND a douche.

I'm a dude and this is my favorite anime.

>she wants life to be served to her in a silver platter

That's not her real issue. It's this idea fundamental to her, and ingrained in how she is presented, that she's mature because she deliberately sets out to prove that she can 'make it' independently, just to show that she can, even if she doesn't ultimately plan be dependent on that. It's this implicit need to gratify her own ego, passed off as something more 'adult' than it is, that makes her so off-putting.

The thing is, if these flaws were presented more honestly as things to actively grapple with and overcome, even if they ultimately aren't, then it could actually make for a decent series. But it's because it doesn't and the characters barely even see this as an option that it is insufferable.

This piece of shit was more melodramatic than a mexican telenovella.

>shirt not tucked in pants but somehow UNDER THE BELT
what the fuck japs

what do you fucking mean men won't understand it
unless you're talking about that literal whore

Yet another thing men will never understand

You just summed up the second half of Ao Haru Ride, one of the most popular recent shoujo manga and an example of everything terrible with shoujo manga
Thankfully this type of schlock is getting less and less popular

It was shit but I cried in some of the episodes