Is anime mainstream now?

thanks netflix

The popular shit has always been mainstream

Is that the guy from creed

Anime has been mainstream for ages now, Where the fuck have you been.

Yeah it's Michael B. Jordan. People have been geeking out over him geeking out about Naruto and DBZ.

A lot of chads like naruto and dbz desu, these anime are cool enough that you're not a total faggot if you admit you like it.

So just your standard normalfag anime, at least Kanye admitted to liking Akira and has a Zaku statue on his house.

Akira is as normalfag as they come.

Still less normalfag than DBZ or Nardo, but I doubt a famous person will come and say they enjoy K-ON. The closest to it would Robin Williams liking Eva, but Eva is still mainstream.

not in the west

>thanks Toonami
Ftfy

Normies liking anime now because of Netflix is the same as someone putting on a Batman or Superman t-shirt and thinking they are an expert on comics despite never picking up an issue.

Let me ask you this, does it matter? Anime has been trash since 2010 and only manga is worth checking for.

I don't get it

normies ruined video games
anime and manga will be next targets

>normies

>now
Also, he said that OPM is his "dessert" anime, the man has taste

Especially in the west. It's the immediate next step after Ghibli movies.

japanese video games are still good though

Normalfags ruined western videogames, jap ones are ok. I don't see why anime would change.

Does Japan even have an equivalent for the insult "normie"?

I can imagine it now. I mean it already happens in some small doses but people will proudly call themselves "otaku" despite only watching Ghibli movies and MAYBE Shingeki like how calling yourself a nerd was big in 07/08

>Does Japan even have an equivalent for the insult "normie"?
Riajuu

of course they do you fucking newfag, it's riajuu

Yes, it’s lurk more

>It's not greedy publishers and cheap lazy devs that is ruining games
>No it's other people enjoying MY hobby
GamerGay was a mistake

Sup Forums was a mistake

>normies
Get out.

Rip Nermar

>insult

Kill yourself. You are so fucking new it hurts.

死ねリア充

I don't think anyone who watched DBZ when i was younger didn't like it. Literally everyone like DBZ.

but i hate it

supposedly he watches more than that but of course it can be all bullshit to make the retards that actually watch anime feel like even a chad can likes anime tiddies.

Agreed

I know there's a tweet of him asking for Bleach scans, I wouldn't be surprised if he also follows BNHA

If it hasn't A) played on Toonami or B) gotten an official english dub, it isn't mainstream. You'll never hear a Hollywood star talk about how Nisemonogatari made him get a boner whenever he started brushing his teeth.

Eva is fair from mainstream dude. It's absolutely mainstream among anime fandom don't get me wrong, but if you ask the average joe if they watched it, the best you'll most likely get is a "I've heard that title". That's not the case with actual mainstream anime like DBZ, Naruto, etc.

worst mist cast of the history of the universe
holy cucumbers of fuck
what a shitload of fuck !!!

that shit's been mainstream since Toonami

A lot of stuff have official english dub that is far from mainstream.

>VLC
>self-aware weeb
No professional weeb uses anything but MPC-HC with madVR or mpv

>sadpanda
What? Is it really that well-known?

how weeb can one be

>black people watch nardo & dbz and nothing else
well, nothing has changed and it never will

Step it up
Pharrell is a closet lolicon

>hurr durr, dbz & nardo must be the same because they have the same attire

You are not a chad

niggers and their shit taste in anime disgust me.
probably why I despise anime and thinking of abandoning it

>No it's other people enjoying MY hobby
Yes, because there is so much of them that they become new target audience, but as they like everything only on surface level (or even worse on social level) everything getting dumbed down to hell for those new people.

checked

>black people
>weeb
what the fuck

There are plenty of black people that watch plenty of obscure anime. But a famous one who probably doesn't have time to binge-watch every fan-service series on crunchyroll in their mom's basement is probably gonna say the most popular ones.

>checked
are you new?

How new are you? There's fuck loads of black weebs.

>that user who tweeted MBJ and got burned by the man himself
S E E T H I N G
E
E
T
H
I
N
G

I don't know, enough to post on Sup Forums

>niggers and their shit taste in anime
It's literally the most popular anime he's listing, black people aren't responsible for them being the most popular. Whites and asians contribute to these series' being the most popular.

Pretty sure a footballer in the UK admitted to liking anime in an interview.

popular doesn't mean good faggot, there are millions of idiots in the world

What do you think?