Boku no hero academia

A lot of the themes and world building in bnha is just lip service to make it seem like's something's there when there isn't. The repetitive angry rants about how heroes suck by Shiggy and co. aren't explored just left up to the reader to figure out. They tell you about how things HAD to happen but as to just how it did isn't shown. It's just like people got quirks suddenly, things go to shit, some people with quirks decide to take things into their own hands, BLAH BLAH BLAH PRO HEROES YAY! But why weren't guns effective, or some of the other highly advanced tech? The quirks shown don't seem to be strong enough for those things to not be effective. What makes some guy with a quirk more effective than officers with guns and other tech that they would just give away their jobs like that and be ok with it? Shouldn't some of that tech be commercialized?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mxAIG4k7xJA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Sup Forums isn't your blog

HOW TO IMPROVE TODOROKI'S DESIGN IN ONE EASY STEP

Make his fire side more masculine and his ice side very clearly female.
As in, he has one boob, one pec, eyes like his mom on his ice side, manly endeavor eyes on his fire side, etc.

I'm just describing your fav shit

>He’s still seething
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Get off the internet and do something else than obsessing over hating on Hawaiian hula dance instruction for boys

Tod's design doesn't need any changing

fuck you it's lame

I don't watch it. Go back to MAL.

You have some serious problems dude

>I don't watch it
Yeah haha

The irony is palpable

You seriously need to see a doctor or some shit

>doesn't know that people always shitpost on series they don't watch/read

Okey newfag.

That’s rich coming from someone trying to bait faceless, nameless people on the internet because he doesn’t like that they like their South African Vuvuzela how-to series

So, it's not catering to your personal taste and therefore what exacly?

>trying to bait
Why is it bait exactly?
Because you don't like the thread?

You know who is beautiful? Mirio.

>the quirks shown don't seem to be strong enough for those things to not be effective. What makes some guy with a quirk more effective than officers with guns and other tech that they would just give away their jobs like that and be ok with it?

There was a period of unrest when people with Quirks didn't outnumber those with them, and it's likely they did this and it worked for a while, at least from stopping people from misusing their Quirks while they had them. But imagine all the times where a mutantshape Quirk holder was just being what they naturally are and a policeman or other authority figure perceived it as a threat because they didn't understand that it was just how they look? Or the times when Quirkless people were threatening to harm someone who has a Quirk, and lacking weapons of their own the Quirkholder used theirs to defend themselves, then ended up with the police after them because they gravely injured someone? Quirkholders would be outraged anytime conventional peacekeeping forces stepped in and used excessive force, and that unrest would worsen, except the people upset don't need to arm or organize themselves - each one is potentially a danger to the rest of the citizenry.

It's not hard, then, to imagine that a lot of the early vigilantes likely stepped in as a mediating force - to stop other Quirkholders from misusing their Quirks and worsening the impression of their kind, and to save them from getting injured or shot over something that wasn't their fault.

We didn't see much of this besides vague implications, because at the end of the day this is a happy, optimistic shounen series and there's no need to drag things down that far. Read Vigilantes if you want to go a shade grayer.

>shitpost
Except you didn't shitpost you fucktard, or are you so new that you think every post is a shitpost?

You're overthinking it. This show never had the aspirations to be a realistic depiction of how our world would pan out if quirks suddenly show up. It needs to bend it's logic of the world to keep it's innocent side of the premise. Pokémon is doing the same shit.

>Boku no

>So, it's not catering to your personal taste
Don't strawman what I said

Finally someone who actually cares about discussion

Am i strawmaning it? How I am even supposed to interpret your opinions? Is it something bad? Is it something good? Is it something you just find interesting? If any of that then why exactly? What's the point of your post?

Because you already asked this last thread, purposefully ignore the responses because it shot your argument down, and now you’re just thinly veiling it as a “discussion”

You can start with answering this
>why weren't guns effective, or some of the other highly advanced tech? The quirks shown don't seem to be strong enough for those things to not be effective. What makes some guy with a quirk more effective than officers with guns and other tech that they would just give away their jobs like that and be ok with it? Shouldn't some of that tech be commercialized?
You don't need to be assblasted all the time

>Because you
It's not me

Sure user kun sure, literally the same “MUH SHIT SETTING”. The only one you need to fool is the IP tracking system

I would answer that if the answer mattered. But it's not.

So it's "you're the same guy I swear!!!! Even tho I don't have any evidence"

Then fuck off and cry in another thread

You've made a whole thread bitching about nothing. I'm definitely not the one who's crying here.

>about nothing
See, here's your problem, you can't accept criticism

That's not my problem, it's yours: you want your criticism to be accepted just because you've come up with it. I don't see why your criticism even matter at all. I'm pretty sure I shouldn't just blindly accept any dumb thing a random person came up with.

Journal Entry Day 1512
Starting to believe it's an impossibility for a Hero Academia thread to start off comfy
Hopefully someday we'll bear witness to this miracle, but until then, I hold my breath

>What makes some guy with a quirk more effective than officers with guns and other tech that they would just give away their jobs like that and be ok with it?
>Kamino ward arc
>literal platoon of SWAT with machine guns and kevlar vests
>literally less than 10 feet away from a bunch of Noumus
>each Noumu has exposed eyes and brains
>zero Noumus were incapacitated let alone killed by SWAT

I mean it's unrealistic as hell, but at this point anyone with a fucking gun may as well admit they graduated from the Imperial Storm Trooper Academy, which is fitting since Hori is a Star Wars otaku.

We'll get back to those times one day user, one day

is this a vigilantes references

Why are you on Sup Forums?

youtube.com/watch?v=mxAIG4k7xJA
Let's ignore the OP for now and discuss what's really important: How can we,a bunch of baka gaijin faggots on the Internet, influence Bones so that they'll cast Takeshi Kusao aka Turanksu for the role of Mirio Togata?

We meme it into existence. The voice is fucking perfect.

You have a point

>we'll get back those times one day
Not with a upcoming season 3 and movie during the summer.

>The repetitive angry rants about how heroes suck by Shiggy and co. aren't explored just left up to the reader to figure out.
I think most of that stuff has been dropped by the editors because it would bog down the story.
Better to just leave it the reader’s imagination to fill in the gaps.

Also of note is that the average human adheres to capeshit physics rather than realistic physics. Bakugou's explosion victims, Stain being spiderman, and Moonfish surviving Crow'd are all perfect examples of how despite the quirkless being called 'normal' it being clear that humanity has already evolved to the point where their physical resilience far surpasses our own standards. To put it lightly, if you took our world's most armored tank, and had it go through what Moonfish did, it would turn into scrap metal. Moonfish wasn't even hemorrhaging blood out of every orifice, all he suffered from was smashed teeth and a bit of blood coughed out.

Perhaps humans in MHA world are not all unilaterally superhuman, but it is certain, whether it be genetics, or through training (most likely the latter as Deku could in 1 year, go from manlet twig to carrying a 200+lb man while running which no average high school student who works out could ever do) that humans in the MHA world cannot be judged using realistic measurements.

Of course I'm saying this all in fun, the truth is Hori is a capeshit lover, and capeshit is notorious for being inconsistent and unrealistic, so why would Hori not have these same qualities when making a capeshit manga?

The only rule of capeshit is the rule of cool, and Hori adheres to that. Police with guns taking down villains? Not cool. Guys and girls in spandex and capes taking down villains with special snowflake powers? Cool.

Just accept it and have fun, don't think too hard. If you wanna think, just make excuses for the fun of it like I just did, don't take it seriously.

Never give up hope user, so long as we have reasonable people who can do what they can, we will achieve our restoration if not for a little while. Just look at the King greens and the Megumin posts from the previous threads, we can do it.

season 4 will kill all the hype and everyone will try to forget it
there will be no season 5 don't worry

Maybe. There still might be the chance that normalfags will eat up SSDeku changing the future.

I love him.

Man I still think changing future predictions is the worst fucking way to handle future predictions in your story
The reason why writers have prophecies always come true is because they can write some way to have them come true while subverting the reader's expectations, they come true in ways you don't expect
Outright changing the prophecy/prediction is just a retarded way to throw away tension, it's like if Hercules was prophesized to kill Hades and then Zeus just said "LOL" and killed Hades instead
Ok cool, Hades is dead, looks like Zeus just twisted the prophecy by believing hard enough
Fuck