Have you learned to understand moonspeak so you don't have to rely on god awful dubs and shit quality subs yet?

Have you learned to understand moonspeak so you don't have to rely on god awful dubs and shit quality subs yet?

I could not. I lost all my anki data because of a dumb computer problem at around 4300 words. I haven't finish tae kim. I'm a failure.

I'm doing okayish with Tae Kim even though I kinda dropped it last summer. I'll pick it up again when I get some free time.

I can't into Anki because after learning the first few easy kanji, it starts sperging me with all those bullshit month/week expressions that don't really help me. I'm looking for a good youtube channel to learn kanji and vocab

さすが

I learned to a point where I was able to watch shows with simple dalogue like most SoL stuff without dubs and could read easy manga reasonably fast with the help of a dictionary. Then I stopped doing shit for a year or so because of university and work and now I understand nothing at all and can't be bothered to learn it again.

>learning a dead language

Lol

Working on Anki/Tae Kim, but I'm seriously considering putting it all aside for the RTK meme
After working on Kim, the grammar isn't that bad for a beginner
I figure 2-3 years and I'll have a functional command of the language for travel and maybe business
I work in industrial manufacturing for a company that has a JP headquarters, so there's opportunity there

I have. Mostly for video games, but being able to consume other otaku media is a nice bonus

I'm decently good at understanding speech, but never managed to learn the kanji to read properly.

>Tae Kim
>Anki/Tae Kim,
Does that work? I'm guessing it requires willpower since you do it on your own. Maybe I should go get some classes or something.

is it possible to learn to understand speech without needing to learn moon runes

Well, of course. That's what illiterate people do.

Japanese is much harder to understand without learning the writing. Without knowing how to read it, Japanese is an insane bastard demon language.
The language only becomes logical when you know the moon runes.

I don't need to learn Japanese when the only things from Japan that I care about get simulcasted within 1 hour tops.

This.

>mfw

It helps but you have to be on top of anki, otherwise you're manipulating your options and your computer's clock. Just follow the guide.

Sort of. I can watch something like Dragon Ball Super no problem, but anything hard requires a shit ton of rewinding to catch what they say (and sometimes I can rewatch a part 100 times in a row and still not make out which word they are even saying.)

I can follow simple shit and pick apart furigana'd manga.
More complex stuff I might be able to sit down and nut out but shit man, I just wanna watch my little girls shows.

Though learning Japanese would allow you to further enjoy your loli waifus in drama cds, extra manga strips and whatnot.

Not to mention DOUJINS

I'm trying, but holy shit the kanji. I'm wondering if taking an actual class will help.

I have a 3-semester long baby's first Japanese lessons at my college. Starting the second semester in 2 days. Can read katakana and hiragana, and construct some basic sentences, but kanji are still just dumb squiggly lines to me.

Kanji is even hard for actual Japanese people. When are they gonna ditch that garbage and just stick to kana?

I'll ask here so I don't have to make a new thread: Which subs are best for A Silent Voice? HS, TT, or Nii-sama?

Your average Japanese person knows more kanji than what the amount the government teaches in school. It's also part of their culture and history, it's not going anywhere.