Baki Dou 193 - End of Musashi

Without death, there can be no life. Death's being exists through the act of life. The unyielding sword of which you spoke is not the body, but the soul itself. Beast of Calamity, evil born of humanity. With this one act, on the order of Heaven, we come now to bury you.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Shit, really now?

What is there to say?

So this confused, aimless mess rears up for the final push, and then just lets out a wet fart from all the exertion.

Seriously, if this is how this whole thing ends, what the fuck was the point of even doing this? Baki's whole conflict was more or less concluded at the end of Ogre, and there were neither stakes nor actual arcs of any kind in this.

This whole thing has just randomly meandered around, haphazardly masturbating over how great Musashi is, without ever actually making anything of it. He's so strong, he'll beat up all the other strong guys around. He's so strong, you guys. You don't even know how strong he is.

I would have figured that the manga would at least try to go for the whole modern martial arts vs ancient warcraft angle they kept pushing, and we'd have gotten some semblance of a resolution from Baki proving that the warriors of modern day have evolved past that, but holy shit nope. It ends with and old lady sucking Musashi dry.

It 100% feels like some suits just paid Itagaki to do more, despite the fact he'd already resolved everything and had neither ideas nor interest in continuing.

And it honestly feels like the same suits were disappointed with the sales numbers and told him to axe it. That, or Itagaki just going "fuck it, I'm done with this shit"

Itagaki had some very pointed inspiration for this manga; while I understand the basis of your cynical view, I can almost 100% assure you that Itagaki did not make this manga for the money. And, hey, we don't know if it's over yet. There might be something interesting ahead. Never give up hope.

wtf is this retarded shit

the party is here

the party is everywhere, nerd