Can anyone explain why Yuru camp is such a huge success?

I don't like moskitos.
I don't like mud.
I like to be on AC 24/7.

And on top of all, I don't like to leave home.
I fell 99% of the otakus feel the same.
So why did it make any success?

I can't self insert on any character and say: "oh, I wish I could see mt. fuji too."

Other urls found in this thread:

vgmdb.net/artist/13752
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Journeyman_years
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>cute girls
>cute things

>moskitos

>I don't like
Nobody cares. It has nothing to do with it.

Oh, right. He didn't even watch the anime.

Otakus don't like to leave home but also one of their biggest regrets is not exploring and living life a little. They think it's too late for them or some shit.

It's exactly because otaku don't go outside that this works. If people go solo camping they'll realize it's really not worth it.

Because cute girls.

If cute girls was all it took we'd have numerous hits every season.

>otaku don't like leaving home
They're also don't like involved in sword fight with mass murder, hunted by foreign military or hit by truck.

because it's fun and comfy anime? it's like asking why Hibike s2 is such a success..

I don't like it but I can see the appeal. it's a comfy show with cute girls that's also quite well-made for a CGDGT, at least from my impression of the first episode before I dropped it.

The thing about these shows is that the thing itself isn't important. Camping, light music, cooking, cafes, etc. - it doesn't matter, nobody gives a shit. They only give a shit AFTER the fact because of the characters. It's all about characters, atmosphere, direction, production values. If you have cute character designs with likeable personalities, a decent director, and some semblance of budget, it'll do well.

well to be fair the truck part does happen whenever the do decide to go out, it has been scientifically proven.

because it's fun watching others do things and enjoying them, when you are too lazy to do them yourself.

Will I like it, if I liked Flying Witch?
Or are the cute girls spread too thickly?

>I don't like moskitos.
You mean Mosquitos, did you watch this anime at all user?

Can anyone explain why OP spamming, this thread, if he wants to know what people thinks about yuru camp, just read the thread about it.

If you need to ask if you'll like a CGDCT show then odds are you will not.

Get some fresh air, dude.

(Ignore the CGDCT for now.) I meant plot-wise.

>cute girls
>cute things
>good animation
>comfy music
>tutorial bits make viewer feel like they're learning useful skills
>tourism bits make viewer feel like they're traveled
>plot about kids doing it in school makes viewer feel like they could easily do this

It's appealing and attainable escapism. It's all the buzz of isekai with all the "oh man I could actually do this" of slice of life. We'll never do it, though.

I bet you will.

>plot-wise
Well, there's not much to say about. Different kind of characters trying their best to end up camp together, relationships and all. It's fun to watch how the MC changes their everyday life and obtain motivation to do something different.

>good animation
when?

>I can't self insert on any character
So? If you seriously think that's an absolute requirement for enjoying a show, you're a fucking idiot.

Basically this. Doesn't matter what activity it is, get a competent crew to make an anime about cute girls doing it and generally chatting and screwing around, and it'll get an audience. Fuck, I even watched a baseball anime on the basis of this, and I detest sports, and baseball more so than most sports.

because this season is just shit in general

I don't get it either. It's legit super boring. Which is a shame because I adore the girls designs

Truth hurts.

Not true for me. I like to be outside, hiking, caming mountain climbing, skiing...
I also like sitting at home watching moe anime, obviously I love this show.

>good animation
this fucking guy

It's adequate. Good enough.

are you going to make this same identical troll thread every day?

It's a solid SoL show which gets all the basics right and a solid OST, You don't have to enjoy camping to enjoy the show or want to go camping.

tldr It's a relaxing show with great characters and music.

I might not, if it feels unrealistic. (e.g. the girls actions and real girls behavior in that age group mismatch)

Check out Sora yori if you liked Flying Witch.

I dunno, I think this matches the laid-back feel of Flying Witch better than Sora Yori does.

No idea what's this anime's even about, but sleeping in dirt and eating food cooked on a fire is really fun. Also, you can sing songs with your friends while being dead drunk and try to take a piss without wetting yourself while hugging a tree, but I've no idea how many people on Sup Forums can relate to that.

I was too young to drink last time I went camping, but otherwise yeah, camping is pretty fun. This show's making me nostalgic for it.

Yes Yuru Camp is also very comfy but I personally like the characters in Sora yori more. It's nice to see that both shows are getting good sales.

>what is living vicariously
Only reason I haven't camped yet is because I'm not a cute girl.

>this season is just shit in general
-Sup Forums, every season

There's so much wrong with those kind of posts I don't even know where to start.

It's not real camping, it's just playing home in huge playground.

>moskitos
Mosquitoes are only in tropical countries.

This.

The OST was scored by the guy who scored Kemono Friends OST. His music is the kind that can carry an anime on its own.

You weren't kidding.

vgmdb.net/artist/13752

How can one person be so wrong?

gnats arent the same as mosquitos, genius.

>Mosquitoes are only in tropical countries.
Where do you get your facts from? This is the dumbest thing I've heard. I don't live in a tropical country, yet my summers are always ruined by them.

Canada isn't a tropical country genius

> it's just playing home in huge playground.

It's fucking great with a entire year of drugged out and druken college whores but fuck you raw with a pinecone if you think I am going camping with no girls, no alcohol and no drugs.

But there are at least 3 shows this season that do it better.

>that do it better
Fuck off.

Tell me what does Yuru Camp do better than the other "moe" shows this season without mentioning "comfy", "atmosphere" or any of their synonyms.

Such as?

It has great production values, love put to each scenery, a nice and lively protagonist, a girl who she slowly gets very close through lovely interactions, mundane things in their life that are reliable.

Which other series has all of these?

Mitsuboshi Colors, Sora Yori Mo Tooi Basho, Slow Start, Hakumei and Mikochi and Karakai Jōzu no Takagi-san. All of them have cuter and overall better characters.
But who cares? Most Yuru Camp fans haven't even watched or maybe even heard of those. People who think Yuru Camp is excellent have never seen a moe anime before. Go educate yourselves with some K-On and then come back.

>Sora yori
Sora yori might work better. Depending on how realistic it is (characters acting their age and acting consistently with their character)

I really liked the "Apprenticeship"-ish feel flying witch had. (Not the TV show, but the actual institution of apprenticing. It feels a lot like her being a Journeyman, en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Journeyman_years )

>all of them have cuter and overall better characters
That's what you think, but complete bullshit
>most of yuru camp fans [bullshit]
Won't even comment on how retarded this is.
But let's see
>Mitsuboshi Colors
Fucking abominable animation work, really shows they didn't give a shit about, it varies between stills, 3D backgrounds with filters, and minimal character movements, and the girls are vulgar, not to mention it's a comedy, which rarely sells to begin with, and no fanservice to save it.
>Sora Yori
It actually has great characters, but it's not exactly a CGDCT, and it's also doing great for an original series.
>Slow Start
Extremely unrelatable girl (really, starting school 1 year later), who can't even interact with anyone in any unique way whatsoever. Passive protag, and aside from character animations, poor visuals. Fanservice came in too late.
>Hakumei to Mikochi
Also a series that's doing fairly well, but it is a whole family kind of show, the girls don't really act like nips' beloved school girls (given they really are not), it's just not the kind of show that one would expect most otaku to buy the discs of.
>Takagi
And a shitty comedy with a girl who lusts for shota dick (which really a large number of otaku gets offended by), and the series centers around that, and her oh-so-funny teasing. It's also comedy.

So no, there isn't a series that does what Yuru Camp does better, or even comes close, and you should stop talking out of your ass.

>great production values
Watch Yori Moi and especially Slow Start and you'll understand what great production values mean.
>love put to each scenery
You mean traced from real campsites? Yori Moi is better in that regard.
>A nice and lively protagonist
She is anything but lively
>a girl who she slowly gets very close through lovely interactions
There are so many of those in SoL shows. Exact same thing can be applied to Slow Start's protagonist.
>mundane things in their life that are reliable
You mean relatable? Every show of this kind is relatable for different kinds of people. Not everyone camps. As for the characters, I relate to Kimari (Yori Moi) and Hana (Slow Start) far more, although I did relate to Rin a little.
Yori Moi and Slow Start do cuteness better.

SHINY DAYS

>I don't like moskitos.
>I don't like mud.
>I like to be on AC 24/7.
>
>And on top of all, I don't like to leave home.
How's that for pathetic?

>I fell 99% of the otakus feel the same.
You presume too much, idiot. Even people who don't get out often sometimes appreciate a change of scenery. Yuru Camp is just the excuse they'd been waiting for.

Different user here. I don't care for cuteness.

>Mitsuboshi Colors
They sure act their age. I guess. (~)
>Sora Yori Mo Tooi Basho
Might consider.
>Slow Start
Might be too much internal conflict, e.g. her putting herself down (from the blurb). Weakly consider.
>Hakumei and Mikochi
Dunno. Is it Iyashikei?
>Karakai Jōzu no Takagi-san
Nope. The manga is enough. All that teasing bullying painted over by saying "oh she got him to start working out and studying more" (out of fear and or frustration). Really healthy.

>Yori Moi is better in that regard
Just hardly. And "traced" matters little if it's presented in a stunning way, and with actual effort.
>anything but lively
Troll?
>Slow Start's protagonist
No, it can't be. Girls basically become instant friend for fuckever reasons with her, and she still can't really interact with them.
>Hana
>relatable
No. Just no.

>Go educate yourselves with some K-On
No. GO educate yourself with some Azumanga Daioh or Kiki Delivery Service, Pleb.

>Most Yuru Camp fans haven't even watched or maybe even heard of those.
Projecting this much. Pathetic.

>otaku
>don't like being outdoors

There are different types of geeks. There is a pretty big overlap between people who watch anime and who like camping or running around with plastic guns.

>So why did it make any success?
The nips love their comfy shit. It's embedded into their DNA.

>Mitsuboshi Colors, Sora Yori Mo Tooi Basho, Slow Start, Hakumei and Mikochi and Karakai Jōzu no Takagi-san
>People who think Yuru Camp is excellent have never seen a moe anime before. Go educate yourselves with some K-On and then come back.
Yuru Camp is closer to (and better than) K-on than any of those shows you fucking retard.

Some overlaps are stranger than the rest.

>Arguing about the quality of SoL

>It's embedded into their DNA.
True.

>Takagi
>shitty comedy
Keep telling yourself that. Maybe Japanese humor isn't for you, but that show is legit funny for me and it's very hard to make me laugh. What do you find funny? Pop Team Epic? Inferno Cop?
For me, she's relatable. I had a slow start too once in school, but was able to communicate with some new classmates on the first day. I didn't hide the fact though. She's not relatable for you, but not every person is the same.
>Azumanga Daioh or Kiki Delivery Service
I've seen the latter when I was 13 and I wouldn't be on this site if I hadn't educated myself with shows like Ichigo Marshmallow, Azumanga Daioh, Lucky Star and Nichijou already.
Watch K-On.

Proper "cute" requires good writing, not just nice drawings.

Let's just be honest with ourselves here, it's the pincones.

Tell me why Sup Forums, an otaku website, has a board dedicated to the outdoors.

Sora Yori is pretty good with the characters acting their age - ie they screw around a lot, like you'd expect high school girls to do. It really is like K-On On Ice in that regard. And they do act pretty consistently to their characters.

>great production values
Episode 8 had the worst production I have seen in a while.

Nobody likes that shit user and anime circumvents that entire problem.
It's escapism can't you see?

>Sup Forums
>otaku website
That time has long passed now. There are boards for all kinds of people on Sup Forums.

Because it has a good character dynamic and treats its subject matter with more respect than something like, say, K-On

Inb4 some cynical retard points out that it's just (bokke+tsukomi)(bokke+tsukomi)

I'm watching all of those and SoraYori is more than just a moe SoL and the only show that's close to Yuru Camp comfy is Hakumei and Mikochi.

>Maybe Japanese humor isn't for you,
And the nips, apparently, you special snowflake.
>for me, she's relatable
Okay, again, you special snowflake, but she's not relatable in a broader sense. You remember what you started the discussion about, right?
>watch K-On
What do you mean? He's certainly right about that one.
Sure thing troll

>troll
It was 100% outsourced trash. Just look at this shit.

>100% outsourced trash
Keep spouting your buzzwords.
>just look at this shit
Pretty cute, and nice enough visuals though? Really fits the situation.

>pretty nice visuals
This is waht Yuru Camp Δfags actually believe.

>And the nips, apparently, you special snowflake.
What are you talking about? That show is pretty popular in Japan and it is even the most watched anime this season in my country as well. How am I a special snowflake?
>Okay, again, you special snowflake, but she's not relatable in a broader sense. You remember what you started the discussion about, right?
Yes, I said that every show is relatable for different people. Your point? Do you have any other arguments besides calling me a special snowflake?
These. Can't believe that people think Yuru Camp has unironically nice visuals.

I don't get your point.
That's pretty nice looking, for a random screenshot.

To be honest, episode 8 was the worst in a while. The camping aspect went out of the window.

Replying to yourself it not nice, you special snowflake retard.
Also
>acting dumb

It's not a random screenshot, the whole episode looks like that. In what universe is that "high production value"?

Where shows like Slow Start or Mitsuboshi are airing the same season.

When did I ever reply to myself here? Install Sup Forums x and you'll realize I've never done such a thing. Stop accusing me of nonsense.

Find me a moment in Slow Start that looks this disgusting.

Are you this much of a moron to think Yuru Camp looks better than Slow Start?

Here
>These

I'm not him you fucking idiot.

Like I said, install Sup Forums x. Stop this mindless faggotry.

>this much of a moron
Slow start looks like vomit, sadly. Cute designs out of the window.
Nips agreed, sales never.
It's hard when your characters don't move as much as to turn their heads. But it's not really disgusting, just because you say so.

this show is gay and boring

Back to your shonenshit general, cancer.

Yuru Camp fags are the dumbest fans this winter season. They act like complete newfags.

>pulling out the phone posting card
Sure thing, you still fool people in 2018!