So where the one gag thing came from?

So where the one gag thing came from?
People describe saitama like it was phineas and ferb in anime form where saitama would do the same thing every chapter and we are supposed to laugh but he very fucking rarely ever gets into a fight, the only real times I can see the one gag thing were in
>1: Saitama vs Mosquito queen or wathever
>2: Saitama vs the beetle thinguie
>3: Saitama vs Sonico battles

The rest of the series he is out of combat or the rest of the cast are carrying the story. In fact the best example is the mumen rider fight where the tension comes to see how many people get smothered until saitama (who is lost) shows up.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Z96ModuOAQY
youtu.be/T4RsfhKgxFk
youtube.com/watch?v=7HUlP583fbU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>he very fucking rarely ever gets into a fight
And that's exactly what makes him a one gag man. He shows up, he punches once, he makes a bored face. What does he do other than fight?

The other character in the show serve as the tropes Saitama is endlessly satirizing.

OPM is literally that Indania jones bit where the guy waves a sword around for 30s and then just gets shot and dies.

People probably only saw the first episode

90% of saitama character is in his interactions with others

There is a rate of 1 in 99999 pages where he actually fights.

The rest of the manga is a slice of life tone where he hangs out with king, has a unprofesional life as a menthor to genos, etc.

there is a rate of 1:999999 pages where he actually punches things

This one actually is a fair critizism, in that most of their arcs and big baddies are going that way. However 40% of the manga is also about the side characters and also about how that indiana jones bit is told.

For example:
>Saitama vs sea king
How saitama just kills him whitout remorse or second thought and trying to give his peers that fought against him credit (which is how the Mumen rider speech does a comeback on how winning is not everything and that)

>Saitama vs Boros
He feels empathy and lies about how he is fighting with all his strenght and ends with a sad tone youtube.com/watch?v=Z96ModuOAQY

And at last: the side characters, they all have their struggle and story arcs

>Genos is a walking edgy sasuke trope that contrasts with saitama
>King is a coward type of character that does bad things because of the pedestal people put him in
>Mumen is the underdog
>Fubuki is that characters that wants to live up to her sister reputation
>etc.

he meant that people are saying the manga itself is one-gag, not the character(even that is false, as he does a lot more gags than just him finishing off an enemy. Just in the second to last chapter he made a funny dine and dashing scene which had no ties to fighting whatsoever)

OPM is just "Fanservice: the Manga". We already know the world is in no real threat because the protagonist will show up and save the day, just like every other manga ever. OPM differs in that it cuts out all the bullshit tension and just let's side characters have some fun. It isn't supposed to be humorous, just entertaining and fun.

Just because it's simple doesn't make it bad

>Implying that saitama isn't just a side character now
This is the protagonist we deserve

>1:999999
>mfw OPM has millions of pages

>taking it literally
do you have autism son?

>using bullshit exaggerated numbers that you pulled out of your ass to prove a point
Do you?

OPM has at least a few thousand pages, let's say 5000 at this point. Saitama punches people for all of 150 of those or so

>150 in 5000 is 1:999999
Sounds about right to me

I didn't pull my numbers out of my ass you fucking mongoloid.

The only fight in which saitama punches consecutively has been the boros one.

If you actually read the fucking thing you would know that most of the time saitama is just chilling out and interacting with other characters

>saitama wins fights with one punch
>people think they can win arguments with one point

Thats because you are too stupid to think there is a posibility there can be a good story with such a setup

>A good comedian can make the yellow pages funny

He's honestly just cutting out the unnecessary power ups after which the heroes finally defeat the villain by having his final power level from the very beginning.
The fun comes from the character interactions and seeing the other heroes try their best, Saitama is just there to do the inevitable clean up you knew would happen anyway.

>I didn't pull my numbers out of my ass you fucking mongoloid.
>OPM has 999999 pages

>Saitama is just there to do the inevitable clean up you knew would happen anyway.
Actually, let me correct that. He's also a normal character that interacts with the others and so on, but his fighting scenes have no other purpose but that.

Jesus christ you are fucking autistic or stupid

No one is going to think that is 999999 pages long

My point is that there is at much tens of pages in the15 volumes of the manga, of saitama fighting or punching and almost all of them is just character interaction.

Of curse I wouldnt have to explain this someone who isnt grasping at straws or is autistic enough to take it literally.

I like one punch man though, I wasn't going anywhere in particular with my previous post. If I was going to write a serious criticism of one punch man my points would have nothing to do with saitama.

Half my point still stands too tho

A good comedian can make the yellow pages funny

Maybe, do you have any examples of good comedians trying to work with material like that?

I dunno about that

but here is something mundane done funny, here is an exchange between red letter media and tommy wiseu

youtu.be/T4RsfhKgxFk

One punch man is number 1
youtube.com/watch?v=7HUlP583fbU

holy fuck i love that song...

poor Boros, he just wanted a fair and equal fight.. what a fucking tragedy

>a God among men
We don't deserve him people. Saitama should stay the protagonist, Garou's personality would get ruined in that role.

Will there be in any scenes like those in the second season? All I can think of is the end of the tournament with Suiryu.